At PAX Australia we had the chance to sit down with John Mamais, the head of CD Projekt Red’s Krakow studio.
Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projekt Red on Pushing Graphics Tech Forward
We sit down with Mojang to discuss the upcoming action-RPG Minecraft Dungeons, its humble origins, and focus on combat. The Minecraft way.
Delving Into Minecraft Dungeons with Mojang
We take a swing at where Ubisoft could take Far Cry to next, and it's both closer and further away than you might think...
Where to Next for Far Cry?
At a preview event we had the chance to go hands on with the emotional, harrowing, and stunning The Last Of Us Part II – an experience that left us remembering every face and life we put an end to.
The Last of Us Part II Preview – Harrowing and Unforgettable
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 04:47am 18/04/15 | 15 Comments
AusGamers' Nathan "nachosjustice" Lawrence was invited out to the Star Wars Celebrations event taking place in Anaheim, CA this week and managed to get a sneak peek at DICE's hotly anticipated Star Wars multiplayer shooter, Battlefront.

Here's just a taste of what he saw:
Of the five-odd minutes of gameplay we were shown, it all took place on the familiar forest moon from Return of the Jedi in a mode we later learnt was called Walker Assault. This appears to Battlefront what Conquest Large is to Battlefield: namely, the largest mode on offer in Battlefront, as far as my DICE developer Sigurlina Ingvarsdottie suggested. It caps out at 40 players, which is 24 players shy of Battlefield’s biggest mode, but this won’t necessarily prove to be a problem, depending on how DICE balances it.
Click here for our full Star Wars Battlefront hands-off preview (featuring embedded trailer).

battlefrontstar wars battlefrontdicestar warspreview

Meddek
Posted 06:52am 18/4/15
It looks sooooo good
MARLINBLADE
Posted 08:47am 18/4/15
This makes me extremely happy in the pants
Tollaz0r!
Posted 10:15am 18/4/15
I will reserve the pant staining until I see the game actually being played by normal people. I will put it in on my keep a close eye on this. The sounds are perfect.
tspec
Posted 11:10am 18/4/15
Looks like there are some Rogue Squadron type levels in the game which should be awesome.
TiT
Posted 11:30am 18/4/15
Wow how good a game quality getting now. Really loving GTA 5 and I hope all games follow GTA footstep and step up!
FSCB
Posted 04:44pm 18/4/15
This looks promising but so does pretty much every DICE game...and then the game is released....
paveway
Posted 06:31pm 18/4/15
yeah seriously can't believe you're all losing your s*** over an EA / DICE game before it's released
koopz
Posted 05:53pm 18/4/15
I want to believe...

though I've sworn off EA titles now.

TicMan
Posted 10:29am 19/4/15
Not sure if should get this on PC or Xbox1 now that I'm slowly becoming a filthy consololer.
BroolStoryCo
Posted 11:55am 19/4/15
It will be Battlefield 5 but with Star Wars skins.
BladeRunner
Posted 11:57am 19/4/15
I imagine that to get the game to look like it does in the video, we will need GTX 980 minimum.

It does look promising. Need some gameplay video before we can properly judge.
Obes
Posted 09:56pm 19/4/15
hotly anticipated

by?

The original got a low 70something on metacritic I think?

I am a die hard star wars fan who plays games, pretty much their ideal demographic, and this is not something I am looking forward to. (It always has too many damn Jedis)
Posted 11:31pm 19/4/15

Not to mention its probably highly staged, I imagine a real game would be more like people taking sniper rifles and camping in trees somewhere, while someone who doesn't know what they're doing jumps in the pilot seat of the AT-AT when it spawns and drives it in totally the wrong direction and crashes it, and other people grab the speeder bikes and drive them to the first capture point because walking sucks then abandon them in a ditch somewhere.
Viper119
Posted 12:18am 20/4/15
Looks pretty cool.

Multiplayer core focus!?

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg
Roonee
Posted 11:26am 20/4/15

by?

The original got a low 70something on metacritic I think?

Battlefront 2 scored quite well and lost points for the MP focus and thus lack of SP depth which didn't gel too well with consoles, particularly back in the day... also it was essentially 2 games in one with space battles being a completely different gameplay and on separate missions.

imo it's one of the best games of all time as is, and if it had a wide enough player base it'd deserve 100/100. Playing as a jedi against heaps of bots, or attacking a star destroyer in space are still great fun on your own.

anyways, there seemed to be a hint that they've intergrated the flying with the land battles maybe... really looking forward to it in any case. Hopefully it'll be deserve a $4000 PC upgrade.