We chat with some of the engineers at NVIDIA and go behind the scenes of the impressive Quake II RTX mod.
NVIDIA on Quake II RTX as the First Fully Ray-Traced Game
The city builder meets conquest series has been around for many years, and this new entry take the series back to the past to re-capture some magic.
Anno 1800 Review - Going Back to Move Forward
We sit down with Blizzard and the Hearthstone team to talk about what goes into designing a new card set and mechanics.
Talking Hearthstone and the New Rise of Shadows Expansion!
Does it hold up almost a decade after first exploding onto the scene?
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Review
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 12:56pm 27/03/15 | 6 Comments
As one of the first crowdfunding success stories (raising over $4.5 million on Kickstarter), Obsidian Entertainment's Pillars of Eternity is finally out today for Windows, OS X, and Linux. Originally pitched as the spiritual successor to classic PC role-playing titles like Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, Pillars of Eternity aims to bring back a style of RPG many had thought was long gone.

“Moments like these feel surreal when they finally arrive,” said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment. “Today is the culmination of two years’ hard work, but there’s even more to it than the usual game release day. Given where we were when we started on Pillars of Eternity, this is the start of a new chapter in the story of Obsidian. We’ll be forever grateful to all of our fans and backers for making this moment possible, and truly hope that we have lived up to the faith you placed in us.”

Check out the launch trailer.

rpgobsidian entertainmentpillars of eternitybaldurs gate

MoulaZX
Posted 10:21pm 29/3/15
Great game so far. Just one bit of feedback:

So. Many. Crashes.

And for so many different reasons. Even as far as inherent bugs in the Unity Engine they used itself, which makes patching seemingly more complex. I've just reached Defiance Bay, and just can't progress any further. Every 5 minutes, game crashes. I bought the GOG version, but Steam users also reporting same.

I'm giving up for now. Hopefully a patch resolves the issues and I'll have another crack at it.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 10:26pm 29/3/15
Great game so far..

I got a bug where I'm stuck in Raedric's Hold, if I try and leave a blank screen is loaded. I've tried a few ways out and nothing, bummer.

O well, gives me a reason to roll a 2nd character.
Hogfather
Posted 11:00pm 29/3/15
I've been lucky crash wise, only one and have about 20h on my account (though paused probably for at least 5h).

Toll, there's a way to fix that (but also a patch coming).

If you open your save file (inside Users/you/Saved games) with 7zip you can delete the zone you are trying to zone into. This will fully repopulate the zone when you transition into it so be careful of potentially duplicating stuff. I was stuck on the roof of Raedric's Hold with the same problem.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 11:01pm 29/3/15
Ahh sweet. I pretty much just walked into the zone and found the wall to climb up first thing, so I barely did the zone.
Hogfather
Posted 11:20pm 29/3/15
Yeh cool, something is borked with the save game. Lots of people on the official forum with the problem.

Back up ya save file just in case tho yo :p
ravn0s
Posted 11:27pm 29/3/15
no crashes for me yet but i lost my passives due to the equipping bug.