AMD’s new Ryzen 7000 Series of CPUs presents a major step forward and sets the scene for PC use in the years to come.
AMD Ryzen 7900X Review - Next Level CPU Tech
Another Aussie-made gem, and a wonderful spin on the Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing genre.
Wylde Flowers - Utterly Charming
A slice of life full of meaning, and an Aussie made gem to boot
Wayward Strand Review
Zen 4 ushers in a new era for AMD CPU performance when it comes to straight-up gaming.
AMD Ryzen 7600X Review - Gaming Excellence
Post by Eorl @ 12:33pm 08/01/15 | 11 Comments
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red revealed the system requirements for the open-world game's Windows PC version today, and while the game's recommended setup is quite a beefy system the game's minimum specs are actually somewhat reasonable.

Your gaming rig will need to be running 64-bit Windows 7 or later, with DirectX 11 and at least 40 GB of hard drive space. In today's PC gaming world that shouldn't be difficult to achieve. But check out the rest of the specifications below:
Minimum
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 8 or 8.1
  • DirectX 11
  • HDD Space: 40 GB
  • Recommended
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon R9 290
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 8 or 8.1
  • DirectX 11
  • HDD Space: 40 GB
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be launching May 19th for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. How does your PC match up to these specs? Passable? Let us know in the comments!

the witcher 3: wild huntpc specscd project red
    Buy now from Games 101 Only AUD$72.95!

Tollaz0r!
    Posted 01:34pm 08/1/15
    6 gig minimum, nice.

i5-4690 and 560ti, so CPU should be fine, GPU will be a little wanting though. Perhaps I may have to put my brand spanking new (and totally free) Ps4 to work (thanks ausgamers woot).
    Murf
    Posted 01:53pm 08/1/15
    My PC specs are just above recommended with a 3770k, GTX 780 and 16gb ram.

I wonder what does "recommended" mean? does it mean high settings? very high, ultra? at 1080p?

I am hoping to run it at ultra or close to ultra at 1080p 60fps
    gab4moi
    Posted 04:38pm 08/1/15
    I get in with the i7-3770K 3.5 GHz, the EVGA GTX Titan, and 16gb ram, running on 30 inch HP ZR30w at 2460 x 1600, 64-bit Windows 7 Pro, sure hoping W3 runs better than the mess Bioware made of the DAI pc version...
    Audi
    Posted 04:43pm 08/1/15
    Sweet, I'm good to run this in 3D. The Witcher 2 was great in 3D. Can't wait.
    syzk
    Posted 01:51pm 11/1/15
    Yea was going to say my pc has easily made the requirements for the last 3 big titles that all boasted reasonable requirements (FC4 / ACU / DAI) and yet they all ran pretty poorly I thought FC4 wasn't too bad but has a annoying stutter when moving at speeds.

Never played a CD Projekt Red game before have their previous titles been decent on the PC or bad ports ?
    copuis
    Posted 04:37pm 11/1/15
    Minimum
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940

so does this mean a 2500 is ok, or not??? (I mean in a non overclocked state) I thought the 2500 was the more powerful, dont know why they would throw the K at the end for a spec sheet,

but those specs are pretty nice, means an older rig should be able to handle it nicely, and I might be able to put off an upgrade for another year
    Randy Cambell
    Posted 04:40pm 11/1/15
    Im still happy with my amd phenom 1055t and gtx 670! plus 8 gig ram. Still plays most games on max 1080p. Am just gonna hang out for new windows system cant stand win 8.
    samatt
    Posted 07:46pm 11/1/15
    Might need to beef up the graphics card a bit, but yeah pretty reasonable specs
    Enska
    Posted 09:43pm 11/1/15
    syzk The Witcher 2 was excellent, 1 was a bit hows ya mum but all their titles were made for pc with witcher 2 later being made for consoles. A bad port from them you will not get.
    Midda
    Posted 10:49am 12/1/15

Their PC games aren't ports. They develop on PC as lead platform, console versions came about a year later with The Witcher 2. First Witcher game was PC only. It's safe to assume PC is lead platform for Witcher 3 as well.

Definitely play The Witcher 2, it's easily one of the best games of the past 5 years. You don't need to have played the first game either, it explains what you need to know well enough. That, and it's on special for less than $10 pretty often.

last edited by Midda at 10:49:13 12/Jan/15
    Tollaz0r!
    Posted 10:57am 12/1/15
    PC is lead system for Witcher 3, I believe xbone and ps4 was picked up a little after. I do wonder though, how much of this lengthy delay is due to bugs mostly being on the consoles rather than PC and optimizations for those platforms.

Not that I mind, as it's looking pretty good I'll be getting it for PS4 :(