Something special, something cool, and something for the versatile audiophile
SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro Wireless Review...
After a big gameplay reveal we’re here to let you know that the new Saints Row is every bit the classic Saints we know and adore. With added wingsuit.
5 Things About the New Saints Row that Make It Pure Saints
We sit down with the team at Volition to discuss the Saints Row reboot, the new wingsuit, and how it retains the chaotic action of earlier games in the series.
Saints Row Interview - We Speak to Volition About the Reboot
Our massive round-table interview with the team at Respawn, going behind the scenes on the latest Apex update and finding out how the team keeps delivering the goods.
Apex Legends: Saviors - We Chat to the Team at Respawn
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 04:12pm 11/11/14 | 7 Comments
AusGamers was invited out to an intimate hands-on preview session for Halo 5: Guardians' forthcoming multiplayer beta content recently.

Chief (see what we did there?!) among the new highlights, is the updated abilities of the Spartans alongside new modes and a brand-new visual look coalescing into a tantalising new console MP entry, with even more yet to be revealed.

Click here for our full hands-on experience with Halo 5: Guardians' multiplayer beta content.

hands-on previewhalo 5: guardiansbeta

Naren
Posted 07:33pm 11/11/14
I'm definitely keen to get into this upcoming beta and try it out more. While I tried all the abilities in the preview some of them needed more time to implement. I used the Charge as much as I could and the Stabilizer more towards the end of the session. Nailing a Ground Pound proved a bit difficult.

The Crossfire mode was super fun too. I think that was the mode that had most of us wanting more, perhaps just for the different competitive edge.
Audi
Posted 10:20pm 12/11/14
720p beta must be madness.
Jeffro
Posted 07:56am 13/11/14
Yea I will be in this beta for sure. Halo MCC on the Microsoft Azure dedicated servers is smooth as silk. Despite some technical issues.
Audi
Posted 10:52am 13/11/14
There are host migrations, how can it be on the azure servers?
Jeffro
Posted 11:09am 13/11/14
There are host migrations, how can it be on the azure servers?

They have had to take them down for updates to try and investigate a number of launch bugs but I have had games where I have been on them and you can tell. Have had some games where it felt I was on p2p but they have already said they will be resetting everyone's stats once they get the bugs completely ironed out. They are also trying to deal with boosters.
Jeffro
Posted 11:17am 13/11/14
Here is some gameplay that I recorded and it was very smooth with local players.

Jeffro
Posted 08:34am 14/11/14
Actually Frank O'Connor gave a detailed description of what is happening with the servers.

"We DO have dedicated servers.

First off – and I will say this for the next hundred years – SORRY – we are fixing it. It’s getting better slowly today and we expect that trend to continue, but what you’re seeing currently is actually just an element of this complicated problem – we do in fact use dedicated servers for matchmade games, but as an emergency contingency, MCC is designed to fall back to traditional peer-hosted gameplay in the event that there are connectivity issues with the dedicated servers. This can happen for a variety of reasons including intermittent unavailability of dedicated servers, poor ping times to the dedicated server datacenters, or network configuration issues that prevent you from being able to access the dedicated servers. We’re busy getting stuff fixed and improved, and I promise you I will give you a full breakdown of what happened (and it’s multiple compounding things) after we fix it all."