Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Post by Eorl @ 12:47pm 14/10/14 | 16 Comments
Blizzard has unveiled the final notes for their pre-Warlords of Draenor expansion patch, bringing through a whole range of changes to the game including the highly anticipated model revamps coming to all races bar Pandaren.

The patch is scheduled to go live later tonight/early tomorrow during the typical World of Warcraft downtime, and will bring forth the pre-expansion Iron Tide event into the lands of Azeroth. You'll find the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands now turned blood red thanks to the mysterious Orc invasion, so prepare to fight tooth and nail to keep out the deadly invaders.
The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.

Adventurers looking to dislodge the Iron Horde’s attempts to establish a foothold on Azeroth should visit the Blasted Lands.
The patch will also bring the very first dungeon available in the Warlords of Draenor expansion, a revamped Upper Blackrock Spire for level 90 players. Blizzard describes it as a limited time event, so don't waste any time to prepare for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde.

As mentioned above, the patch will also be bringing the new racial model revamps for races from the original game: Dwarf, Gnome, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Tauren, Troll, Undead, and Draenei have been overhauled with an increase to fidelity and texture resolution; while retaining the core look and feel of the originals. Some of these can be viewed at the official website.

You can find the full list over here, but be warned it is rather lengthy. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor will be launching November 13th for Windows and Mac.

world of warcraft: warlords of draenorpatch notespre-expansion eventmmorpgblizzard
Buy now from Games 101 Only AUD$28.95!

Meddek
Posted 01:05pm 14/10/14
WoW some massive changes, looking forward to it might fire the old WoW back up!
Jeffro
Posted 01:51pm 14/10/14
I got Garrosh down last night :) The last boss in the Seige of Orgrimmar raid. Had killed him in LFR and Flex difficulties but got the achievement and mount for killing him on Normal difficulty.

Played through the beta from level 90-100 with the key you guys gave me and WoD is shaping up to be a great expansion. Brings back a lot of nostalgia from the Burning Crusade expansion from years ago.
Posted 02:09pm 14/10/14
Pretty much the only regret I've got is that I never killed Heroic Garrosh. My guild got 11/14 heroic down, then imploded and split apart and I just cbf'd finding a new one and going through it all all over again.
Reverend Evil
Posted 03:54pm 14/10/14
Should be interesting tomorrow to see what's different. One of the things I've been looking forward to is the new orc models. They look damn cool.
Jeffro
Posted 03:35am 15/10/14

Yea we had a hunter in our normal Garrosh kill that had the heroic achievement and he said it took 270 attempts before they got him on heroic lol.
Meddek
Posted 08:50am 15/10/14
Played this morning for an hour, the new models look amazing and the whole look just feels alot smoother and no longer chunky, the whole look to the game really has had some nice subtle changes which I'm really liking.

My Rogue and Priest have 54k and 40k health from 460k and 360k so some massive changes on the stats front definitely feels alot cleaner.

I'll log back in tonight and finish off the new quest chain and heal a few UBRS
Posted 11:46am 15/10/14
Also, looks like Mists of Pandaria is included in the base game now too. So $20 for the base game gets you all the expansions up to 90, then you just need to buy the Warlords expansion if you want to play the new stuff.
DK
Posted 02:48pm 22/10/14
Was tempted to fire this up again. End up putting another month on ESO instead as wow servers were down last night. Must say ESO seems dead at the moment compared to a few months ago. Felt dull playing such an empty world.

Probably should just give wow another go...
Posted 03:00pm 22/10/14
Monks don't feel too different, though I did notice the adjustments they made to tank survivability. I mean, I still did ubrs and pulled all the things and tanked them, and wasn't ever really in dire danger of dying, but I was actually taking damage and needing healing and needing to use guards and other cooldowns vs previously where I could faceroll through and not care at all and self heal any damage I did take with expel harm.

Also, the new statue has grown on me. I was a bit annoyed at firs that it had lost its utility and didn't case shields anymore, and just sat there pulsing aggro. Turns out its pretty handy though, cos it only has a 10 second cooldown, so you can reposition it a lot, and it generates quite a lot of threat, easily enough to out-threat healer aggro and pick up adds. Plus it has a decent amount of health so it can actually hold adds for a while without dying. Will be great on fights with adds that need to be picked up quickly, or for getting aggro on annoying mobs that like to sit back at range and snipe the healer.
Meddek
Posted 08:47am 23/10/14
Moved my 90s to Jubei'Thos as I have more friends on the PVP side these days :(

Looking for a late night guild there at the moment.

At the moment I'm just leveling my professions on my Priest and doing old Raid / Dungeon achievements, I just got the T5 Priest Transmog happening now which looks awesome on my Tyreal mount!
Posted 09:30am 23/10/14
I just don't have the patience to level on a pvp server anymore, ganking annoys the s*** out of me
Meddek
Posted 09:37am 23/10/14
Yeah but it's so much fun leveling 1-75 professions ganking noobs lol
glynd
Posted 04:13pm 23/10/14
Jubei'thos 4 lyf

ICC is easily soloable now. They changed the airship battle so you can finish it in under 5 seconds now haha.
Meddek
Posted 04:38pm 23/10/14
Yeah I'm on Jubei my brother is on Frostmourne so he will have lockouts when the new xpac goes live lol

I xfered my toon last week and this week for which I think is a first for Blizzard they have reduced the price for server xfers :@:@:@:@:@

I did ICC last week for an achie run got them all except the last one.
Reverend Evil
Posted 04:39pm 23/10/14
Did they? I know what I'll be doing tonite then. Lousy gunship was halting my progress thru there.
Posted 04:53pm 23/10/14
Frostmourne already has queues, even before the xpac. My AH toons are on Frostmourne and I was stuck in a 300 queue when I went to log them on last night. It'll be nuts once the xpac actually launches