GameStop has had its annual conference in Anahiem and according to a user on NeoGAF
Rockstar was there showing off the upcoming PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version of last year's Grand Theft Auto V. Going by the user's comments this is going to be one hell of an awesome remaster.
Rockstar allegedly unveiled a full 45-minute behind closed doors presentation to retailers, showing off the new version that is poised to push the two consoles and PC to their limits. This is in similar fashion to how the developer created the original, which took every ounce of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 juice to render what we had on our screens.
According to the post on NeoGAF
we can expect some major graphical and mechanical changes to GTAV and its online counterpart. These include things like water puddles appearing during rainy weather, street detail being increased and even animals donning a new coat of fur. The poster also suggested that we could indeed see new content in the form of radio stations, music tracks and possibly more.
1. I saw this at the GameStop managers conference in Anehiem. Rockstar gave a 45 minute closed doors presentation.
2. They showed us multiple locals. The city, underwater areas, country side etc.
3. Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.
4. Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.
5. Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous
6. No release date given. They simply said soon.
7. Animal texture work has been 100 % re done.
8. Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.
9. Promised "new" content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.
10. Best remaster Ive seen by far. I literally gasped at the differences.
Grand Theft Auto V will be launching for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime in the future, though going by these comments we can probably expect a release date and new trailer soon enough.