We've taken LIFX lighting through the gaming and entertainment ringer. Does it amplify the experience?
LIFX x Razer Chroma Connect Review - Illuminating Gaming
Like the Strogg enemies of Quake II, this Frankenstein-like mishmash of old and new breeds killer results.
Quake II RTX - Shining a Light on id Software's Classic
Aussie-made Speaking Simulator is a wild ride in the simulation gaming world, but can it complete its sentence in full?
Tongue in Android Cheek - Speaking Simulator Review!
We sit down with Typhoon Studios’ Alex Hutchinson to talk about the studio’s first game, comedy, co-op, and striving to be the fourth-best.
Journey to the Savage Planet - Developer Interview
Post by Eorl @ 10:16am 26/04/14 | 6 Comments
Avalanche Studios' Mad Max has been delayed to 2015, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today alongside the release of a new trailer that offers a glimpse at how vehicles can be used in the Wasteland as full-throttle weapons.

Alongside the trailer, custom automotive team West Coast Customs in America has teamed up with Warner Bros. to recreate the iconic Mad Max vehicles and bring them to the real world. You can watch the automotive specialist team build the Mad Max Magnum Opus on Fox Sports 2 come April 27 and April 29.

This Mad Max release was first announced during Sony's E3 2013 press briefing. The game is being made at Just Cause developer Avalanche Studios for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC. You can check out our previous interview with Senior Game Designer, Emil Kraftling, and Community Manager, Tomas Wiborgh for all the goos.

mad maxavalanche studiosdelayedgameplay trailer
Buy now from ozgameshop.com Only AUD$16.49!

IVY_MiKe
Posted 04:03pm 26/4/14
Whilst I'm still keen to see how this game develops, I can't help but express my disappointment at the 'West Coast Customs' branding over something that they couldn't have had but a passing involvement in...

"I can't wait for the Apocalypse, Xzibit is totes gonna pimp my ride!"
RuleofBooKz
Posted 06:12pm 26/4/14
so they took the arguably worst bit of that failed FPS game RAGE where you get a car then spend time building up that car to fight with it and made a game all about it? Who thought that would be a great idea? Even if they manage to get the car driving feel just right (which rage handled like boiled s***) it just doesn't seem to have that much content - ie. thats why its only a part of RAGE (and things like borderlands) not the whole game
series6
Posted 09:03pm 26/4/14
Wow, just wow. Here I was expecting something like dayz sa but with actual content and a decent engine. Instead I see a new version of Powerslide....and we all know how well that went.
This looks truly terrible. Heres hoping its just a bad PR decision to show just this aspect of the game and it has actual content.
carson
Posted 10:10pm 26/4/14
It looks like I was expecting this game too. Completely mediocre. I can't imagine it being a must have title, or even a have title.
Posted 10:43pm 26/4/14

It went well? Powerslide is generally regarded as pretty good I thought.

Anyway, this is being made by the guys who made Just Cause, so you'd assume there'd be stuff in there that isn't driving. And car combat games with customisable cars can work, I still have very fond memories of Interstate '76. This doesn't look particularly good from the trailer, but maybe, theres some hope. Didn't really get a Mad Max vibe from it at all though
Arpey
Posted 01:10am 27/4/14
Just Cause 2 was a fantastic romp until I realized that I was doing the same thing over and over and over again. I expect Mad Max to be less fun unless they decide to put the grappling hook and paraglider in it too.