With the release of the latest expansion for Blizzard’s Hearthstone we sit down with the development team to learn about its development.
Hearthstone Interview - Inside the Halls of Scholomance Academy
And by in-depth, we mean dissecting this game to the nines... is it the skateboarding messiah we've been waiting for?
We Roll wth Skater XL for an In-Depth Review !
With Sony and Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn hitting CPUs and GPUs, Kosta finally steps into the post-apocalyptic shoes of heroine Aloy to slay some robo-dinos.
Horizon Zero Dawn is the Best Game I Haven’t Played
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 is one of the most talked about gaming laptops of the year for good reason - it packs the AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS mobile CPU in a tiny package.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Review
Post by Eorl @ 01:04pm 08/03/14 | 19 Comments
Up to eight players will be able to roam freely through the multiplayer mode of Ubisoft's Watch Dogs, creative director Jonathan Morin confirmed in a tweet.

Following the announcement yesterday morning confirming that the open-world hacking title will finally be making its way to eager gamers come May 27th, Morin responded to a question on Twitter about how many players the multiplayer component would support.

Morin didn't elaborate on the somewhat random confirmation, and further details on what game modes will be available in the open-world multiplayer portion have yet to be revealed. Hopefully we'll be hearing more shortly when Ubisoft Montreal hosts a live Q&A via Twitch at 6AM AEST tomorrow, during which developers will answer questions about the game.

Watch Dogs will be available on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One come May 27th. A Wii U version is slated to launch at a later date and has been delayed to give the team additional development time. If you happen to miss the news yesterday, you can find the recent story trailer below giving a glimpse at some new gameplay.

watch dogsmultiplayerubisoft
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£41.99!

pejamas
Posted 01:26pm 08/3/14
I think you mean May 27th for the release date, not April 27th.
Eorl
Posted 01:34pm 08/3/14
I think you mean May 27th for the release date, not April 27th.

Correct! Getting myself confused by all the Dark Souls and Watch Dogs talk.
Toxus
Posted 03:55pm 08/3/14
Woah a whole 8...*acts astonished* lol
ph33x
Posted 06:05pm 08/3/14
Woah a whole 8...*acts astonished* lol

In a few years time when we're playing 4 player MP games, you'll remember back to these golden times of 8 players.
HurricaneJim
Posted 07:58pm 08/3/14
Yeah, 8 player MP...thats so......underwealmingly......unimpressive......and they want money for it....
greazy
Posted 08:43pm 08/3/14
Has anyone looked at the release editions of this game? What the f***:
qy1DELc.png
Those look like DLCs to me.
Mosfx
Posted 09:27pm 08/3/14
Yeah they do, but also wtf Standard Edition comes with a Chicago Map, but the Special and Vigilante dont? Looks like a good mess to me
fryzeegunner
Posted 10:47pm 08/3/14
and still more than titanfall
glynd
Posted 03:20am 09/3/14
^ isn't Titanfall 12 peeps?
WirlWind
Posted 09:18am 09/3/14
With all that gating of content, I won't be surprised when TB shows up to yell at them for being c****.
Toxus
Posted 10:04am 09/3/14
Meanwhile I wont be wasting money on this or titanfall...DARKSOULS 2!!! :D Also StarCitizen Dogfighting next month wooo
ph33x
Posted 10:18am 09/3/14
Yeah no Titanfall for me either. I don't trust anything that's earned over 50 awards before the beta came out.

"Leaked" this, and "leaked" that. Yeah yeah.
fryzeegunner
Posted 10:31am 09/3/14
titan is 6 per team isnt it?
ph33x
Posted 10:41am 09/3/14
Yesh.
Toxus
Posted 12:13pm 09/3/14
Yeah the rest are f*****g bots for no real reason but lazyness..they are basically idiotic cannon fodder
Posted 12:41pm 09/3/14
Yeah the rest are f*****g bots for no real reason but lazyness

If you actually played it, you'd know there are reasons, but I know the internet isn't a place for educated arguments so by all means, continue.

Anyway, seeing as this is actually a thread about Watch Dogs, lets talk about Watch Dogs. Isn't the multiplayer basically just the single player, but you get other people in your game messing with your hacks and stuff? If thats the case, a cap of 8 people is probably a good idea, or it would just get to the point where its chaos and you can't actually play the game anymore. I'll probably be turning it off anyway, while conceptually I like the idea of the hacker vs hacker stuff, it'd probably just piss me off when I'm trying to play through the game and people are continually trying to grief me.
fryzeegunner
Posted 01:10pm 09/3/14
Yeh i agree, I guess its like dark souls, it can turn chaotic. I think i will stick to SP on WD.
ph33x
Posted 01:17pm 09/3/14

Yeah but.. :P

Photo-3-1-14-5-01-50-AM-640x360.png
IVY_MiKe
Posted 11:21am 10/3/14
The number of players is kind of moot really.

I don't know what the limit of players is in GTA V but that seems pretty well balanced out playing that online.

I'm more interested in what you can 'do' with those other 7 players... co-op hiests?
Does it /actually/ play like the SP game 'with extra players'?

Will it be buggy as f*** and broken on launch?
Will there be any product support post launch?

Only time will tell.