Castle Crashers developer The Behemoth has opened up registrations for an upcoming closed beta test of a Steam PC version of its previously Xbox-exclusive title BattleBlock Theater.
Nothing subliminal about it. BattleBlock Theater is coming soon to Steam and new things are coming with it.
BattleBlock Theater Steam (version) is going to manifest moments in your mind you never thought would be possible. Don’t believe us? Try the game yourself before it even makes its official release on Steam.
- Weapon switching! Players can now switch between a primary and secondary weapon in game!
- New Cat Guard enemies throughout Story Mode.
- Steam Workshop integration for sharing user created levels.
- Steam Inventory integration for trading! This allows users to trade and sell weapons, prisoners, gems and yarn via Steam.
- X input, Direct Input, and Keyboard/Mouse support.
The official release date for the PC offering is the vague "coming soon", but the beta test has been tentatively dated to run from March 24 to March 31 2014 and interested parties can express their interest over at thebehemoth.com/beta