We sit down with the team at Xbox's first-party studio World’s Edge to talk about the journey to bring Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition to Xbox.
Age of Empires 2 on Xbox - The Big Interview
One of the most visually stunning and immersive science fiction games we’ve experienced.
Dead Space Review - A Remake You’d Cut Off A Limb For
Forspoken is a game that consistently fails to deliver, despite some lofty ideas, and manages only to impress in the most obscure moments.
Forspoken Review - An Awkward Experience
A celebration of the long-running franchise and a great way to kick off Switch gaming in 2023.
Fire Emblem Engage Review - Strategy Gold
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 01:33pm 28/01/14 | 9 Comments
Last week Mr Joab Gilroy took us on an introductory video journey into the world of DayZ. The game has been released in standalone form as part of Steam's Eary Release program, and while it's far from the product the studio is likely envisioning for the official release, early access certainly grants players a chance to interact with the game's systems and help the team build the ideal product.

This week Joaby is back, this time showing off a reasonable amount of combat and generally showing you just how tense the confrontation aspect of the game can really be, and it's not the zombies you really need to worry too much about.

Watch the new video diary entry embedded below and be sure to drop your thoughts on the game or our video series in the Comments below. You can also click here to watch part one.

dayzdayz standalonevideo diaryausgamers video diary
Buy now from SteamUS Only USD$29.99!

Rominion
Posted 03:17pm 28/1/14
That shot at the end in the green house is glorious. Payback you f*****s... I never even get to the stage of having a sniper, always get taken out :( I look forward to your next one.
RuleofBooKz
Posted 04:01pm 28/1/14
good video diary. Liking the format.

I was going to say that you didn't range in the mousen rifle at the end - it was still ranged to 100 but then you shot the guy thru the window anyway first go. I guess its just that high powered scope being accurate so rifle range setting doesnt play as much as a part.

And haha sitting up to bandage and getting shot. Crazy how you cant stay prone and bandage - they should fix that..
Enska
Posted 04:44pm 28/1/14
yeah when I watched that I was like don't do it yet nooo!!! haha.
Joaby
Posted 05:55pm 28/1/14
Such a s***** move on my part. It was painkillers btw. Shoulda gone inside, but I was feeling confident I wouldn't sit up to take some freaking tablets.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 06:30pm 28/1/14
HAHAHAHA
"You are Dead" appears on screen.
/PAUSE/
"FFF*Microphone muted*"

Gold editing right there
Ignignort
Posted 10:41am 29/1/14
Was good playing with you guys, I am usually hiding in the forests and rarely going in to the cities so it was a great tense firefight. (until I fell off a ladder and died)
Joaby
Posted 10:57am 29/1/14
Sorry I didn't credit you in the vid Ignignort, I could only remember your first name and I don't like throwing that out willy nilly on the internet without permission.

I did all that editing of my swearing and missed the one at the end.
BladeRunner
Posted 02:09pm 29/1/14
I booted up Dayz SA again last night.
Still on my second life.
Found a red med bag with items in it.
I worked out how to open a food can with the axe.
I have no idea where I am.
I went into every house in this small town and found 1 tin of sardines, rotten apple, head flash light and a camo cap. No weapons.
My vision is permantly blury because I have taken damage.
I have no back pack. I really want/need one.
Mosfx
Posted 02:18pm 29/1/14
Hey Bladerunner,

I'm pretty sure I have some Saline bags if you work out where you are happy to meet up and provide you with blood.