We've got a Sensei Ten Neon Rider Gaming Mouse and a Neon Rider QcK L Mousepad up for grabs!
SteelSeries Neon Rider Give Away!
The World Game is back, natch, so we go through all the big changes coming in EA’s FIFA 21.
FIFA 21 Preview - Inside the Big Gameplay Changes Coming
Grounded is a lot of fun - but like any backyard being put forth to the producers of Backyard Blitz, it needs some work.
Grounded - Early Access Impressions
Where the BenQ EW3280U immediately impresses is with its colour accuracy and vibrance, making it perfect for firing up 4K content.
BenQ EW3280U 32" 4K HDR Display Review
Post by Eorl @ 10:16am 20/11/13 | 6 Comments
Gran Turismo 6 publisher Sony has revealed in a new blog post on their PlayStation site that Polyphony Digital’s racer will include the option of using microtransactions to purchase your cars.

According to the blog you'll be able to purchase these in-game credits with real money come the launch of the game, at denominations of 500K, 1 million, 2.5 million or 7 million credits. These credits can go towards both cars and car parts, though the blog doesn't mention whether these purchasable in-game assets can be earned without ponying up the cash.

It isn't just microtransactions that Sony eagerly announced in their blog update, revealing that the digital version of Gran Turismo 6 is now available for pre-order on the PlayStation Store. Those who jump on the offer will find Standard Edition or, for those seeking that little extra advantage on the track, the Special Edition.
With the Special Edition, you’ll get the full GT6 Game, 20 extra cars (Torque, Performance, Adrenaline and Velocity packs), custom PSN avatars, paint chips, race suits and race helmets – basically everything you need to fly past your friends on the way to the finish line. And, pre-ordering either of the editions on the store before launch will get you the great cars included in the Precision Pack for free.
Check out the image below for an idea of what cars will be available for purchase using the microtransactions.

Gran Turismo 6 will be launching December 6th for PlayStation 3.

10928410964_1a37cd3f2b_o.jpg

gran turismo 6playstation 3sonymicrotransactions
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£29.99!

IVY_MiKe
Posted 12:07pm 20/11/13
Wow, that is disappointing.
1) that it's happening at all, 2) that it's been announced so late.

I'm picking it up on PS3... not sure if I should cancel that order and get it online...

no word of whether or not it'd work on PS4 either (aren't some of the PSN/SEN purchased products supposed to work with PS4?)
Ice9ine
Posted 02:25pm 20/11/13
No. You may be confusing some ps3 titles e.g Ghosts, AC4 being upgradable to the PS4 version for $10 if you insert the orginal PS3 retail disk.

PS4 is not backwards compatible.

Looking forward to both Forza 5 and GT6 myself too.

Hope this helps.
Enska
Posted 02:33pm 20/11/13
Yes but what about the online side of things?
I Imagine it would be the same as is it currently is for ps1 classics etc. in that if you purchase them on the PSN, they will play on a ps3/4? surely it's the same for digitally purchased ps3 games. Better be, otherwise I'll cry.
ravn0s
Posted 09:38am 21/11/13
I believe the ps1 classics have been modified to play on the ps3. so the same thing would need to be done to the ps3 games for them to be playable on ps4.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 09:45am 21/11/13
I'm going to stick with my physical copy for now. (Still miffed about the Microtransactions announcement tho).

For mine it's the 'anti-exploit' type stuff that'll need to be closely watched.

Examples in GT5.
Go to ANY car worth $4M, now attempt to trade that with a friend or family member. (You can't, at all, ever.)

I think there are ways to curb (excuse the pun) this type of exploit (it stops people from creating 'new accounts/starting the game afresh' and getting to race X to quickly transfer larch sums/value in cars to one another.)
Maybe limiting the value of tradable cars to drivers of a certain level is one approach, but this was handled very poorly in GT5, and I can't see that being 'improved' with the addition of microtransactions; if anything I can only see GT6 being more restrictive as a result. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the post Ice9ine, I recall seeing that 'only a very short list' of games were going to provide this feature/support.

I will be picking up my PS4 on launch now. Whether or not I keep it (or move it on before Christmas) will depend on what's available via AU flavoured PSN/SEN. (or what 'transfers' from/with my current account)