At PAX Australia we had the chance to sit down with John Mamais, the head of CD Projekt Red’s Krakow studio.
Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projekt Red on Pushing Graphics Tech Forward
We sit down with Mojang to discuss the upcoming action-RPG Minecraft Dungeons, its humble origins, and focus on combat. The Minecraft way.
Delving Into Minecraft Dungeons with Mojang
We take a swing at where Ubisoft could take Far Cry to next, and it's both closer and further away than you might think...
Where to Next for Far Cry?
At a preview event we had the chance to go hands on with the emotional, harrowing, and stunning The Last Of Us Part II – an experience that left us remembering every face and life we put an end to.
The Last of Us Part II Preview – Harrowing and Unforgettable
Post by Dan @ 10:03am 20/11/13 | 11 Comments
Some new details have reportedly leaked out of closed testing for Battlefield 4: Second Assault, the upcoming expansion for DICE's 2013 shooter that promises four Battlefield 3 maps revamped with the new game's enhanced environmental destruction features (a href="http://mp1st.com/2013/11/18/new-battlefield-4-second-assault-footage-details/">via MP1st.com:
“So I just spent a few hours playing the 4 new second assault maps,” he writes. “Metro, Oman, Caspian and Firestorm. Metro looks great, with new paths, fire that spreads through the grass outside and the ability to kill the lights. Oman looks very similar except the beach is now super rocky providing good cover and the sand storm is crazy! Caspian’s new wall makes a big difference in the flow of vehicular combat. Firestorm is extremely fiery now. Lots of gas leaks that will kill people standing too close.”
LevelCapGaming's reddit posts go further to describe some of the specific 'levolution' features of each map, noting that Caspian Border's tumbling tower now creates a bridge to the hilltop capture point, Gulf of Oman gets a huge mid-session sandstorm, and Operation Metro has functioning elevators.

A new official trailer for Second Assault is expected in the next day or so, and the pack itself is due to launch 'exclusively on Xbox One' on November 22nd, which if it's anything like the BF3 schedule, means other platforms a week or two later.

battlefield 4diceeadlc
Buy now from ozgameshop.com Only AUD$16.49!

Mosfx
Posted 01:16pm 20/11/13
Xbox 360 on the 22nd too?
Tollaz0r!
Posted 01:38pm 20/11/13
I thoroughly dislike the word 'levolution' and hope it dies a fiery death.
ph33x
Posted 02:01pm 20/11/13
“So I just spent a few hours playing the 4 new second assault maps,” he writes.

^ Beta test complete.
badfunkstripe
Posted 10:33am 22/11/13
I don't mind levolution. Some things are cool, others are just gimmicks which to little.

The only one that annoys me is Flood Zone. The concept of flooding a map is cool, but it's a mainly rooftop based map anyway. I would of much rather have a bigger, more open city map flooded.

Otherwise I think it's fine. I'd really love there to be server options and a lot more weather events for maps. As well as time of day options.
ph33x
Posted 10:37am 22/11/13
There should be a map which is a submarine. Inside one of the ballast tanks is a cap point.

There is a switch/trigger that moves all the water between ballast tanks every so often. This does a few things:

1: The cap point moves to the other ballast tank.
2: Anyone in the old cap zone drowns unless they can swim out (underwater) quick enough.
3: The submarine can tilt from one side to the other
4: When tilting, large doors can bang shut and seize up, meaning the pathways change.

Would be sick.
infi
Posted 10:39am 22/11/13
I will wait until they make the game so its doesn't crash every 10 minutes.
TiT
Posted 12:57pm 22/11/13
I will wait until they make the game so its doesn't crash every 10 minutes.

yeah ive been waiting for that. I played it last night for a few hours and it didnt crash once
ph33x
Posted 01:51pm 22/11/13

Been fixed since client patch. Crashes are rare now. If they are still common for you then it's a hardware/os/driver/config issue.
ctd
Posted 03:53pm 22/11/13
Anyone else getting this blurry s***e now?

I'll have a game now and see if it occurs and post a screenie.... hey at least I haven't crashed in a few maps.
TiT
Posted 04:17pm 22/11/13
Anyone else getting this blurry s***e now?

yeah i am getting blur i was thinking its because i made geforce experience do the optimization for me which now it runs really good FPS however not sure if thats why its going blur etc
ph33x
Posted 04:26pm 22/11/13

Hmm, could be the case.

I haven't seen this issue from AMD owners yet, and I don't let GFE touch any of my s*** and I don't get the blur people are talking about..

Mephz was mucking around with his settings though and couldn't fix it. I dunno if let GFE touch BF4 prior to this tough.