Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Post by Eorl @ 10:25am 24/10/13 | 9 Comments
New Zealand indie developer Grinding Gear Games has today announced the launch of their Steam client for hack 'n' slash title Path of Exile. With a huge amount of customisation at hand from your usual Diablo-esque RPG styling but also including an enormous spider web of passive skills, its definitely one to waste some time on.
You are an Exile, struggling to survive on the dark continent of Wraeclast, as you fight to earn power that will allow you to exact your revenge against those who wronged you. Created by hardcore gamers, Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in a dark fantasy world. With a focus on visceral action combat, powerful items and deep character customization, Path of Exile is completely free and will never be pay-to-win.
The game is available now as a free-to-play title on Steam and also offers the chance to link existing Path of Exile accounts to your Steam account for ease of mind. Grinding Gear Games has also revealed the official 1.0.0 patch notes which you can check out over here to see all the various changes and fixes to the game.

path of exilegrinding gear gamesnew zealand developersteamfree-to-play
Buy now from SteamUS

ph33x
Posted 10:34am 24/10/13
Haha this game and it's skill tree is insane. For anyone who hasn't seen the skill tree, check it:

poetree.png
WirlWind
Posted 11:39am 24/10/13
For anyone freaked out by that image, it gets easier with time. Worst case scenario, you can pinch a build off the forums and just ignore it.
Eorl
Posted 11:46am 24/10/13
Also the fact that the tree ph33x posted is only the passive skills, with actual skills derived from gems.
ph33x
Posted 11:56am 24/10/13
There are even more skills? Damn, this scares me like Eve.

(I want to play it but if I commit, my life would be consumes as I don't "half" do things.

Does it have any long-term feel to it? So many MMO type games that have come out and fall flat within 6 months.
carson
Posted 12:00pm 24/10/13
I played it in the beta. It was alright, but I quickly lost interest. IMO, Torchlight II is still the superior game compared to Diablo 3 and Path of Exile.
Eorl
Posted 12:04pm 24/10/13
I'd say so, its like any Diablo style RPG, you'll be wanting to do all the latest boss runs to get that new loot. They've also added two new challenge modes that offer new unique loot and items so it isn't just the usual normal/hardcore play field.
d^
Posted 12:31pm 24/10/13
It's great for a free game, no question about it. Torchlight II seemed boring to me, although I didn't sink a lot of hours into it, maybe it improves later on?
Sile
Posted 01:45pm 24/10/13
I like the view distance of TL 2 (camera pulled further back) and the overall feel of the game but I think Path of Exile will have much more longevity in it with all of the competitions, leagues and PvP in it. And look at that damn skill tree! So many options to explore and the best thing about it is they are all passive.
Jayman
Posted 06:03pm 24/10/13
Skill looks overwhelming at first but it's really not. TL 2 I found really boring. I'll go back and check out the extended act 3 or whatever they added to PoE as that wasn't there last i played i think.

I also don't feel screenshots did the game justice. PoE look much better when you're playing.