We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
We've taken to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order like a Womprat to sand. But how does it hold up?
Light or Dark? Our In-Depth Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Review
Post by Eorl @ 03:50pm 05/10/13 | 22 Comments
Grand Theft Auto developer Rockstar has revealed that the first of what will most likely be many title updates for their open-world sandbox online title Grand Theft Auto Online has now gone live, bringing a number of fixes to the game.

The update was made available to PlayStation 3 users late last night with Xbox 360 players gaining the patch earlier this morning. Rockstar has posted up the full patch notes which you can catch below:
  • Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
  • Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
  • Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
  • Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
  • Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
  • Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
  • Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
  • Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
  • Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
  • Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
  • It isn't just updates that Rockstar are dealing out today, with the launch of a suite of online features to the Rockstar Games Social Club. Included in the lineup of free features are "GTA Online player stats, ability to browse, rate and bookmark Jobs to add to your in-game queue to play, Job Playlists and updated Crew pages – as well as the GTA Online Guide which is a growing collection of tips and tutorials we’ll be updating frequently. Stay tuned for more GTA Online Social Club features that we’ll be creating and launching regularly in the weeks and months ahead."

For more on the Social Club you can swing by the official website, and you can also check out the Newswire post for further details on upcoming changes to the game.

grand theft auto onlinerockstarsocial club
    Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£37.99!

BassMan
    Posted 04:39pm 05/10/13
    Is anyone else experiencing Bawsaq being permanently down, despite being signed into PSN?
    Mephz
    Posted 04:46pm 05/10/13
    Thought excellent. finally a chance to play properly. I log in.... Character deleted again. F*****g sick of the intro. I can tell you what Lamar says word for word I've had to do it so many times. F*****g hell!
    Mephz
    Posted 04:57pm 05/10/13
    Who's kippyjones? Just did a race with you (first one). Added to friends list
    Eorl
    Posted 05:15pm 05/10/13

I believe they've had BAWSAQ and the purchase of GTA$ disabled since launch. Expect them to go live again once everything is completely stable.
    Mephz
    Posted 09:39pm 05/10/13
    My biggest gripe so far is the stupid auto aim is a bit OP against people in vehicles. Being in a vehicle is to gimp yourself. You get shot to pieces by people on the sidewalk even as you fly by at top speed. bit silly
    Mephz
    Posted 09:52pm 05/10/13
    Actually I still appear to be losing cash from.the bank rando.ly.too. anyone else? Internet dropped out and logged back in and 5k went missing
    Eorl
    Posted 09:59pm 05/10/13
    You can actually turn auto aim off, and will only be grouped with other free aim people if that's you style. Check your bank transactions, it might let you know where the money went.
    Mephz
    Posted 10:06pm 05/10/13
    Still getting stupid stuff like the end.of.a.round countdown comes and goes the. Game gets stuck on the person of.interest view all blurred out. Doesn't recover after 5minutes and firced to quit the game. Can still see people leaving and hear mics. I think I've spent more time loading the game from menus and screens that can't be exited than playing the game
    Posted 12:45pm 06/10/13
    Yeah, I still didn't have much luck online last night. First time in I timed out while waiting to start the first race, second time round I ended up in the race but with no other players, but was at least able to complete it. Then after completing it the entire world went all Inception as one by one all the people started despawning and disappearing, then all the cars vanished, then buildings started disappearing, until I was just left staring at an empty grey screen and had to turn off my console and reboot.

Tried again a bit later, but I seemed to end up in a session with no other players in it, was just me in the city alone. Tried the option to join a session that people from my crew were in, but it said it had an error trying to find people in my crew and dumped me in some random session instead. This one actually had people in it, but I was only in there for 5 minutes before the game kicked me back out.

Might give it another bash today (this in on 360 btw). One thing I do love though is how you hold down the back button and get that quick menu, that lets you set GPS navpoints on the fly. Why the f*** is that not in the single player game? Also, being able to double tap down and get the big map, why isn't that in singleplayer too? Seems bizarre to leave those things out, especially considering how clunky and slow the map is to use in single player at the moment.
    Mephz
    Posted 12:48pm 06/10/13
    It would appear the servers just died. Was playing with a few AusG guys and then we went to go into a new round and after the select screen game just sat on the background scrolling the online tips for 10 minutes.
    Forced to quit and try to reload but get the time out screens that you can't exit out of again.
    They really need to fix those broken hang/alert screens that force you to do the 5 minutes of reloading the entire game.

Good fun with local people who roll through missions quickly and not have to spend 10 minutes waiting for loading screens then people to join for the game to start.
    BladeRunner
    Posted 02:32pm 06/10/13
    I have not tried to play it in a couple of days. I don't see any point until they fix things or add more servers to cope.
    Mosfx
    Posted 07:35pm 06/10/13
    I'm waiting on my Xbox 360 Wireless adapter so hopefully it's fixed before it arrives
    Rominion
    Posted 01:57am 07/10/13
    So glad i didn't buy it. Ill wait for it on pc. Enjoy the console version ladies.
    Whoop
    Posted 02:07am 07/10/13
    arkter
    Posted 02:11pm 08/10/13
    Any word on actual bank jobs yet? Robbing 7/11 and stealing coke from drug dealers is getting a tad repetitive.
    Mephz
    Posted 05:41pm 08/10/13
    Who is romperbeastnuta. Looks like they've played 24/7 !
    BladeRunner
    Posted 10:38am 09/10/13
    I had a go of it again yesterday. I robed a bunch of stores and had a 1 on 1 death match with some dude. If you can get a bunch of people on at the same time it may be alright. Would prefer this to be a single player extension with missions and jobs from Lamar and stuff.
    Mephz
    Posted 05:20pm 09/10/13
    Jesus rooftop deathmatch with 12-16 people is a joke. Should just be called randomrespawnmatch. Whoever gets the best respawns, nobody spawning behind them. Wins the number of.times you can walk into a dead end, turn around and then be shot in the back is just stupid.
    Mosfx
    Posted 08:43pm 09/10/13
    Got my xbox online wireless, played for 30min with no issues fantastic
    Mephz
    Posted 03:46pm 10/10/13
    Oh wow I've seen it all now. Some young teen American kid screaming everytime he died. Then yekking at his crew members at the end of the deathmatch and 'I should delete you' hahaha. I think he was mad :)
    Eorl
    Posted 03:51pm 10/10/13
    Had a ball last with a friend, met up with a few AUSG crew guys and rolled around in some missions. I'm really wanting to get that 400k apartment, 10 garage slots and a beautiful view of the city. Also Altze, sorry for smacking you around a few times when I drive, I'm not that great when it comes to driving :(
    Jacken
    Posted 04:47pm 10/10/13
    Still can't even connect to online :( I think its my internet though