At PAX Australia we had the chance to sit down with John Mamais, the head of CD Projekt Red’s Krakow studio.
Cyberpunk 2077 - CD Projekt Red on Pushing Graphics Tech Forward
We sit down with Mojang to discuss the upcoming action-RPG Minecraft Dungeons, its humble origins, and focus on combat. The Minecraft way.
Delving Into Minecraft Dungeons with Mojang
We take a swing at where Ubisoft could take Far Cry to next, and it's both closer and further away than you might think...
Where to Next for Far Cry?
At a preview event we had the chance to go hands on with the emotional, harrowing, and stunning The Last Of Us Part II – an experience that left us remembering every face and life we put an end to.
The Last of Us Part II Preview – Harrowing and Unforgettable
Post by Dan @ 11:22am 30/09/13 | 26 Comments
Those hanging out for the upcoming Battlefield 4 Open Beta on PC should now be able to download the bulk of game data from the Origin Client, as pre-loading has been made available ahead of the October 1st start.

Open Beta access for Battlefield 4 is on offer for anyone pre-ordering the game, as well as those that had previously bought into Battlefield 3 Premium, or pre-ordered Medal of Honor: Warfighter on October 1st, and will be opened up to everyone else on October 4th.

The beta is expected to offer a single multiplayer map, The Siege of Shanghai, and the installer notes that a 64-bit Operating System is required to participate (although the retail game is still said to function on 32-bit systems). The PC Pre-load is a 5.51GB download.

Although the beta will be simultaneously launching on PC, XBox 360 and PlayStation 3, there's currently no word on whether pre-loading will be available on the console platforms.

Eligible PC players can head over to origin.com to get prepped, and hit up the Battlefield Blog for more open beta particulars.

battlefield 4eaelectronic artsdicebeta
Buy now from ozgameshop.com Only AUD$16.49!

shadowstealer7
Posted 11:55am 30/9/13
Mirror?
trog
Posted 12:03pm 30/9/13
We are waiting for explicit permission, but we will probably just zip up the Origin installer like we did with BF3 and make it available.
Fuzzy
Posted 01:00pm 30/9/13

Something I'm missing?
Eorl
Posted 01:08pm 30/9/13
I have BF3 Premium, and the exlusive beta is sitting on Origin, but it'st still showing up as 'Not Yet Released'Something I'm missing?
Opens October 1st, 6PM AEST.
MARLINBLADE
Posted 01:19pm 30/9/13
Yeah just the preload is available for now... Keen as, i have night shift change over Tuesday night. Gonna hammer it, late one, be ready to snooze all day and good to go for nights... Great timing...
fencer
Posted 01:29pm 30/9/13
Damn Origin is fast for downloading. Came down at 8.6 MB/sec the whole time AND I was torrenting 6 files at over 2 MB/sec the same time as I was browsing.
Fuzzy
Posted 01:43pm 30/9/13
I'm meaning the pre-load, Origin doesn't seem to be downloading anything.
Fuzzy
Posted 01:49pm 30/9/13
Silly me, Origin needed a restart before pre-load shows.

Herpty derp...
TiT
Posted 03:31pm 30/9/13
yeah origin is alot faster than steam to download stuff, its actually the only thing hat origin is good for. however no one unmeter that s***.
BladeRunner
Posted 04:04pm 30/9/13
I preloaded it this morning, went pretty quick for me as well. Will be interesting to see how they have done things.
pARODY
Posted 06:28pm 30/9/13
Enjoying the fact I get good speeds from EA for the preload.

link

last edited by pARODY at 18:28:59 30/Sep/13
senator
Posted 07:27am 01/10/13
ETA on mirror?
InterKnight
Posted 07:51am 01/10/13
As Senator asked - any word when we can expect the beta? I realise you have to wait for confirmation though so take your time! Hopefully they say yes, GameArena did it with the BF3 Beta.
TiT
Posted 08:21am 01/10/13
does anyone know if the beta will bring out commander mode and the tablet app etc?
BladeRunner
Posted 08:53am 01/10/13
Have to wait til 6pm to play it, according to origin. I was hoping they would start it this morning.
Python
Posted 08:57am 01/10/13
I believe the beta opens tonight at 6pm AEST
WirlWind
Posted 09:09am 01/10/13
Enjoying the fact I get good speeds from EA for the preload.

It's only because people try to avoid using origin as much as possible, so they always have lots of bandwidth free :P
Eorl
Posted 11:48am 01/10/13
ETA on mirror is Soon™
E.T.
Posted 11:54am 01/10/13
ETA on mirror is Soon™

Trade Mark?
copuis
Posted 12:10pm 01/10/13
Trade Mark?

he is getting in now so that when tony abbott starts using it to cover his promises eorl gets rich

stop the boats - soon
return to surplus - soon
etc etc
Eorl
Posted 12:20pm 01/10/13
Exactly, Copius knows where I'm at. E.T, its a Blizzard joke: http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon
TiT
Posted 04:00pm 01/10/13
Just for the heads up you might want to upgrade your Nvidia video card as well.

An essential update for all GeForce GTX users jumping into the Battlefield 4 beta, 331.40 beta ensures maximum performance and system stability in the shooter’s eagerly anticipated pre-release test.

Rounding out 331.40 beta is a whole host of profile updates, adding new SLI profiles, updating existing SLI profiles, adding new Ambient Occlusion profiles, and updating other profile elements for optimum game experiences:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Updated Profile
Batman: Arkham Origins – Updated SLI Profile
Battlefield 3 – Updated Surround Profile
Battlefield 4 – Updated Surround Profile, Added SLI Profile
Crisis – Added SLI Profile
Crysis 3 – Added AO Profile
Dirty Bomb – Added DX9 SLI Profile
Dying Light – Added DX11 SLI Profile
F1 2013 – Updated SLI Profile
FIFA 14 – Added SLI Profile, Added AO Profile, Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated "Good")
Natural Selection 2 – Added DX11 SLI Profile
Outlast – Added DX9 SLI Profile
Space Hulk – Updated Profile
Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Updated SLI Profile
State of Decay – Added DX9 SLI Profile
Urban Trial Freestyle - Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated "Good")
Watch Dogs – Added DX11 SLI Profile
ctd
Posted 05:25pm 01/10/13
senator
Posted 05:38pm 01/10/13
Eorl
Posted 06:01pm 01/10/13
Reminder also that the AusGamers platoon is still operating, though will have to clean it up a bit. Closer to release I'll make another official thread as well.

Edit: I've cleared up about 40 slots of the 100 cap, mostly of people who either look like they've not logged in for a year or more, or those I don't recognise from the forums. If I accidentally kicked you just join back up.

Tyoson
Posted 08:24pm 01/10/13
I've applied for your platoon :)