Chivalry's upcoming Deadliest Warrior expansion is poised to deliver an assortment of new fighters from across human history to the popular multiplayer melee combat arena, and one of those competitors are the vikings.
The latest trailer from Torn Banner Studios features the Northlanders wielding axes, swords, and customisable beards, in the frozen lands of medieval Scandinavia. Here's a bullet list of the Vikings' key features in Chivalry:
- Dual-wield one-handed weapons
- 3-hit combos, which can end in double-handed strike
- Combos get faster as they go
- Can throw shields and axes
- Customizable beard colours
- Can unlock bear furs
- Balanced in health and movement speed
- Tries to close the distance and overwhelm opponents with fast strikes
A few more details on the vikings can be found in this developer blog
Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior is reportedly "coming soon", but a release date has not yet been offered.