Croteam brings back Serious Sam in a package that is a Duke Nukem Forever sized mess.
Serious Sam 4 Review - Seriously Bland
We go hands-on with Immortals Fenyx Rising and speak with game director, Scott Phillips, read on for more!
Imagine if Breath of the Wild met Assassin's Creed Odyssey...
Arriving with a price-point similar to that of the Founders Edition, the ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity is a great choice for those looking to pick-up an RTX 3080.
ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity Review
An OC beast that runs cool, silent, and also happens to be built like Rolls Royce.
MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio Review
Post by Dan @ 10:51am 22/08/13 | 23 Comments
After a week or so of mysteriously changing Australian retailer dates for Saints Row IV, the game's Australian distributor All Interactive Entertainment has confirmed September 12 as the new local launch date on PC and Xbox 360, with PlayStation 3 a week later on September 19.

Saints Row 4 launched in North America on August 20, and lands today in European markets.
“Australian fans of Saints Row IV will obviously be disappointed with this delay,” stated Robert Kingston, Director at All Interactive Entertainment. “We have used every means at our disposal to minimise the delay, but unfortunately it just was not possible to keep the same street date as the rest of the world.”

As a thank you to fans for their patience, all Australian gamers that pre-order Saints Row IV in Australian stores and collect the game within 48 hours of launch will receive a free Presidential Pack DLC code.

The Presidential Pack DLC is only available in very limited numbers and contains masks and outfits to dress the President of the United Saints as some of the most famous American Presidents.
The announcement doesn't go into further detail of the delay, only to say that it was due to the "production process", which we can only presume was because a specially-modified version of the game has been crafted in order to appease our countries classification protocols.

saints row 4classificationdeep silvervolition
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£16.99!

fryzeegunner
Posted 11:12am 22/8/13
Bad Bad Bad Idea. Why would you ever want to be closer to gtav. Id honestly push this back further or do something to get it at the beginning of septemper.
Posted 11:23am 22/8/13
My copy was shipped from OZgameshop last night, so not only uncensored, but it'll be here too weeks earlier than the australian release date. I'm bi-winning!
TiT
Posted 11:24am 22/8/13
so why would this boher anyone in Australia. Wouldnt you buy the key from a cdkey website so you dont get the low level crap and actually play the real game?
fryzeegunner
Posted 11:27am 22/8/13
Yes I agree with TiT. But it will affect anyone in Aus buying an xbox version and whatnot who can only buy from retail stores for whatever reason, like high school students. The sales should be and will be terrible because who isn't waiting for gtav? And when they are literally a week apart not many people are going to buy both...
glynd
Posted 11:38am 22/8/13

Even if you've bought an international cd key, you still have to wait it out unless you run a VPN. It's still as "September" on steam.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 12:37pm 22/8/13
First thing I thought was, 'GTA5 comes out around then, pfft sif saints row over GTA5'.

However we can take a queue from Record companies and say that (if) the low SR4 sales was due to it being censored, and look blindly at any other factor.
fryzeegunner
Posted 12:56pm 22/8/13
Sure that is a valid point. But we all know it's mostly due to GTA.
BladeRunner
Posted 01:49pm 22/8/13
GMG would not send my SR IV key because of the new release date. I was not happy. I got a refund and bought a key from a site. So I decided to fire up a VPN to get around the release date so the game installs then I can crack it (I had it pre-loaded). Steam has blocked lots of VPNs.......so....I would have been better off pirating it. So I either try finding a VPN that works or just wait for Sept 12.

I don't give a crap anymore about this game, not that I was pumped in the first place. Now I wish I never got it.
copuis
Posted 02:41pm 22/8/13

nope, remember geoblocking is illegalz now, surely this would include games bought outside (thus the aus version, which is a different version is avail then, while the full fat version is now!!)
TiT
Posted 02:47pm 22/8/13
blahnana
Posted 02:57pm 22/8/13
nope, remember geoblocking is illegalz now

No steam version is currently playable without circumventing the geo-block.
fryzeegunner
Posted 03:01pm 22/8/13
"lol this is just like TV shows, ppl get it illegally due to not being able to get it or convenience. so so sad"

This ^

It's just stupid. why do they do this!
ravn0s
Posted 03:24pm 22/8/13
I have a feeling it's delayed because they printed/shipped the wrong version.
eski
Posted 04:12pm 22/8/13
are any of the cd key sites actually sending out keys yet?

I'm still looking for somewhere to pick up a non-AUS copy.
deadlyf
Posted 04:07pm 22/8/13
You may say that, but what is happening right now is that SR4 is not playable without using a VPN to get around the fact that it's not yet released in .auNo steam version is currently playable without circumventing the geo-block.
You only have to do that once I think to activate it. It's pretty s*** either way since they have no right to do that to people who have legitimately imported the game.
eski
Posted 04:14pm 22/8/13
You only have to do that once I think to activate it.

You'll need to play in offline mode at least until the AUS release date, or theyll probably shut you down. There's also a rumour that all steam logons from aus IPs will revert to the censored version, even if you have an overseas CD key. The flipside of that might be, and I have no basis for this, that if you buy an AUS version and log on to steam via an overseas VPN, it might revert to the RoW version.
Malthius
Posted 04:19pm 22/8/13
are any of the cd key sites actually sending out keys yet?I'm still looking for somewhere to pick up a non-AUS copy.

I grabbed a digital key from Amazon, registered it with no issues in steam, haven't bothered with the vpn setup yet to preload and unlock it - I'll do that on the weekend and see what I end up with. I won't be devastated if I end up with the censored version.

(It was $45 for the commander in chief version, and came with a voucher for $5 my next game from them, so pretty good value).
eski
Posted 04:21pm 22/8/13
cheers Malthius.
ravn0s
Posted 04:22pm 22/8/13
i doubt steam would change it to the aus version. they've never done it to previous games.
fryzeegunner
Posted 02:40pm 23/8/13
^
eski
Posted 02:56pm 23/8/13
Sure hope not, it'd be annoying to run a VPN every time I wanted to play.

Speaking of which, I got my copy running over the VPN last night, the game is expectedly hilarious, and it runs pretty well on my mid range pc.
deadlyf
Posted 03:30pm 23/8/13
I got a cd key from a key site but it's coming up as invalid, if they don't sort it out satisfactorily I will name and shame. Wish I had seen that Amazon deal before I ordered.

I thought I might need the VPN to register the key so I quickly installed Hotspot which still didn't work and I spent the next 30 minutes trying to remove the malware adbot it installed itself with.
BladeRunner
Posted 05:14pm 23/8/13
No one reads my posts as usual.

I got the game from cdkeyshere and pre-loaded it. I tried to use a bunch of different VPNs to unlock/install it but it did not work. They must have blocked VPN IP addresses. The only other way I can think of to get it un-locked is if you can set up a private VPN with someone in the US or any other country that is not Ausfailure. I think you could use Log me in Hamachi but I am not sure.