With the arrival of Wrath of the Lich King Classic we sit down with the team to discuss the process, making changes, and the goals for the Classic team.
Blizzard on World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Classic
Check out all the key releases on all platforms for October, 2022!
October is a BIG month for releases in 2022. Here's why...
Another Aussie-made gem, and a wonderful spin on the Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing genre.
Wylde Flowers - Utterly Charming
A slice of life full of meaning, and an Aussie made gem to boot
Wayward Strand Review
Post by Dan @ 08:53am 12/07/13 | 180 Comments
As anticipated Valve has launched the 2013 edition of their popular annual Summer Sale promotion on Steam, offering discounts on hundreds of digital download games across PC, Mac and Linux.

This year's promo is being referred to as the Summer Getaway Sale, and sees the return of the eight-hour flash sales and daily deals, with community voting, and runs from this morning through the next 11 days.
The Summer Getaway Sale offers you more ways to save than ever, with a hundred Daily Deals launching over the next eleven days. Check back often to take advantage of our eight-hour deep-discount Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Voting Sales.

For the first time, buying discounted games at this year's sale now earns you an all-new collectible in the form of Trading Cards. Collect, trade and craft over 50 new sets of cards, including 10 Summer Getaway Trading Cards that can only be earned during the sale. Each set can be crafted into badges, backgrounds, emoticons and other rewards.

Today's Daily Deals include:
There's been some intermittent issues loading the Steam site this morning, no doubt due to high demand, but it looks to be clearing up a little now. Head over to store.steampowered.com for the goods.

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale is due to run until July 22nd 2013 US Pacific Time.

steamsummer salevalve softwaresale

Posted 09:11am 12/7/13
Anyone feel that any of these are 'must haves'? (Apart from Bioshock Infinite)

I'm thinking I should probably get Antichamber and Don't Starve
glynd
Posted 09:16am 12/7/13
^ FC3: Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (especially this). Both are so much fun and well priced.
dazzalus
Posted 09:21am 12/7/13
LOL just checked the site and "experiencing heavy loads". My wallet is safe for the moment.
Trauma
Posted 09:22am 12/7/13
Don't Starve is pretty good.
carson
Posted 09:51am 12/7/13
Do I need to play any of the previous call of juarez games?
Posted 09:55am 12/7/13
Nah Carson, different story entirely.
Posted 09:58am 12/7/13
Cheers glynd.

MARLINBLADE
Posted 10:01am 12/7/13
Call of Juarez is brilliant mate, def worth the purchase... damn i hate steam sales. First day only $30 bucks down... so far so good lol
glynd
Posted 10:03am 12/7/13
Cheers glynd.Call of Juarez is good? Wow, I expected it to be a failure. Might have to check a couple of reviews first cause the last one was meh at best.

It's the stand alone DLC Gunslinger

It's cheap and just pure fun. Think a western arcade machine shooter but you're free to move around. Most fun I've had with a FPS in a long while. The storytelling is great as well. It's my biggest surprise.
Posted 10:07am 12/7/13
Remember, if the game that you want doesn't appear in the daily sale or hourly ones, don't buy it until the very last day. That way you'll have a chance of grabbing it in one of the deals but if not you'll still get it somewhat cheaper.

Also, have the big packs disappeared? Was hoping to grab a Paradox one with all those RTS titles.
Posted 10:08am 12/7/13
Awesome guys - you've sold me on Juarez! Shame you can't get a cut :D

Thanks
CHUB
Posted 10:24am 12/7/13
Was going to buy Toki Tori 2+ anyway since today was release.

34% off + 10% coupon (maybe from wishlist?), bonus!

I have at least 60-70 games I have never installed/played, it's a sickness.
BladeRunner
Posted 10:56am 12/7/13
nothing there interests me, maybe tomorrow.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 11:25am 12/7/13
Thinking of getting antichamber. Can anyone recommend it?
carson
Posted 11:34am 12/7/13
Picked up Borderlands 2. Just went on flash sale. Thinking of getting Dark Souls. Does it have actual coop where you can dungeon crawl together?
Posted 11:34am 12/7/13
Thinking of getting antichamber. Can anyone recommend it?

Great game, very difficult at times and can really mess with your head. Played it with the Oculus Rift and it was even more hilariously trippy.

I should probably grab the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edtion, been meaning to try that game out but never had the time nor money.
Crash
Posted 11:41am 12/7/13
Its also an Australian game so it will support a local dev.
eski
Posted 11:49am 12/7/13
Played it with the Oculus Rift and it was even more hilariously trippy.

Sweet JESUS that wouldve been awesome..... or horrible, I'm not sure.

+1 to anyone thinking of buying it.

If you get Dark Souls, don't feel guilty for reading guides, its pretty impenetrable otherwise.
Posted 11:49am 12/7/13
boooo, i wanted dishonored for the flash sale
kappa
Posted 12:09pm 12/7/13
Was looking to pick up Infinite cheap to replace my xbox copy but sale price is nothing special. Jumped on ebay and grabbed a never settle coupon for $25.
dazzalus
Posted 12:58pm 12/7/13
Greenmangaming had Infinite cheap $39.97, there is a 20% discount coupon as well but not sure if its one of its excluded titles.
TiT
Posted 01:29pm 12/7/13
has anyone played Hotline Miami??
deadlyf
Posted 01:33pm 12/7/13
I tried applying the ANZ coupon to the GMGs Infinite since it's an ANZ taxed title but it didn't work.

you can get it for $25 from Amazon http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/110032 , need to put in a US address though
kappa
Posted 01:34pm 12/7/13
The AMD one comes with tomb raider and blood dragon as well. So for $25 it's a steal.
carson
Posted 02:03pm 12/7/13
Hotline Miami is f*****g awesome TiT. Highly recommend it.
Posted 02:03pm 12/7/13
has anyone played Hotline Miami??

Awesome game, awesome music.
ara
Posted 02:49pm 12/7/13
a mate linked this to me. not sure of the accuracy.

d5kmpFH.png
Posted 03:19pm 12/7/13
Yeah, I picked up Hotline Miami, heard a lot of good things about it and for $2.50, why the hell not
Posted 03:25pm 12/7/13
Just got an email from EA offering $2 games.

Battlefield BC2
NFS Hot Pursuit
Simcity Societies
Mordecai
Posted 03:27pm 12/7/13
ara its true you just have to have a US address in your Amazon account.
Dazhel
Posted 03:44pm 12/7/13
Two fiddy for hotline miami is a bargain, such a great game
Posted 03:46pm 12/7/13
Ive tried that Amazon US address thing before. No success.
Posted 04:12pm 12/7/13
Borderlands 2 Season Pass is on special too, I'll be picking that up tonight.
BladeRunner
Posted 04:40pm 12/7/13
Ill buy BL2 season pass for my brother, he loves Borderlands.
Lynx
Posted 05:06pm 12/7/13
Thanks for the tip, got the season pass as well, looking forward to Tiny Tina's DLC.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 05:42pm 12/7/13
Dota 2 is a steal at the moment, 100%. They should totally add that to the sale ;)
carson
Posted 10:23pm 12/7/13
Davo, do what I did. Put in the address for a hotel. Worked for me. Just googled some random hotel in some random state.

I might check out the Amazon sale, but atm I got enough. Blands 2, Jaruez, Dead Souls, and BitTripRunner 2 dlc. My friend gave me a 50$ steam voucher too so I'm even more cashed up for games!
Trauma
Posted 11:36pm 12/7/13
Civ 5 Gold (Base game plus everything apart from Brave New World) is 75% off on steam atm ($22.50), I grabbed that. Then got Brave New World off GMG with 20% off code (GMG20-F202F-UI40F), making it $24.

Also GMG has GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG - 25% off preorders. Didn't work on Saints Row 4 or Rome 2.

Apparently that gooncave code for 15% off at Amazon is a one time use. Sauce.
Dazhel
Posted 12:06am 13/7/13
Thinking of getting antichamber. Can anyone recommend it?

None of the puzzles in Antichamber seem particularly hard, but the brilliant use of non-euclidean space means it's still the most f*****g devious mind bending puzzle game I've ever played. A+ recommended icon14.gif
trillion
Posted 11:48pm 12/7/13
Ara, don't be cellar master's jelly. it's a splendid drop, taste's almost as warm as the rum of a st bernard to the rescue in a blizzard while you're 2000ft asl about to push off the chair lift for one of the many rides of your life after waking up to a toasty warm fire and fresh powder dumps outside while the beers are chilling for the night in the snow melt on the deck awaiting your return to the chalet. if only these words could paint the picture of the beauty of it all

highly recommended, because yolo in perpetuity with the journey
kos
Posted 12:46am 13/7/13
trill's tripping balls again..
Posted 08:18am 13/7/13
Thanks Carson, ill try it out if there is a deal worth it. Logged in to amazon to see about getting Xcom and it still has my US address from last time, lol.
1060 West Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60613
United States
Phone: (954) 726-2210

Anybody got access to USA Xcom price of $10?

Also, FTL is great. Wish Fez was 75% off.
CHUB
Posted 08:38am 13/7/13
FTL is awesome.

A good read of the wiki is advised after you get owned the first few times.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 09:02am 13/7/13
Yup FTL is an excellent buy at $2.50US.

I can also highly recommend Chivalry at $6.50US, be warned it needs a decent CPU and i5 or > Phenom 955. Easily the best melee based FPS game available. Really nailed the melee aspect, you'll never like the feel of anything less again, cant play Skyrim now :(
Posted 09:18am 13/7/13
the walking dead is on sale but the DLC isn't. :(
TufNuT
Posted 09:26am 13/7/13
anyone who doesn't have Don't Starve, I would Highly recommend it. $8.99 isn't much and its a fun game.

though like every steam summer sale, don't buy anything until the last day.. daily sales always repeat themselves
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 09:27am 13/7/13
Yup FTL is an excellent buy at $2.50US.

Recommend both of these, though as for the Chivalry CPU, I have a budget q6600 from 2007, and it still runs Chivalry fine.
Posted 10:09am 13/7/13

you may as well buy the daily deals because they won't get any cheaper. same with the flash sales.
Posted 10:43am 13/7/13

Daily Deals will be the cheapest they will ever get, alongside Flash Sales and Community Choice. Its the games that don't appear on those lists that you shouldn't buy until the very end, just incase they do appear on those lists.
Posted 11:26am 13/7/13
Surgeon Similator, FTL & Fez for me today. Awesome.
rrrocket
Posted 11:29am 13/7/13
Due to your recommendations I just purchased Juraz and Blood Dragon :)
Posted 11:34am 13/7/13
Oh and Sleeping Dogs because f*** it why not.
ctd
Posted 12:13pm 13/7/13
3 quid for super meat boy. buy this game.
CHUB
Posted 12:25pm 13/7/13
Fez is hurting my head :( The map makes no sense.
Posted 01:46pm 13/7/13
Fez is hurting my head :( The map makes no sense.
Heh, the map design is somewhat frustrating.
Posted 02:18pm 13/7/13
Yeah, grabbed Sleeping Dogs for $6 too. Theres a chance I'll never play it, much like other games I've picked up in Steam sales, but for $6 I'll take the gamble
Posted 10:02pm 13/7/13
fez worth grabbing?
Posted 10:20pm 13/7/13
^
Depends what you like. I like many indie games and puzzle games but the limited time i spent on fez it was too much going thru doors and rotating the levels looking for the s*** you need to collect.

For $5, you could grab FTL and hotline miami and ive clocked many hours on them.
Posted 11:03am 14/7/13
Tomb Raider for me I think today.

Anyone have thoughts on Nazi Zombie Army and RE6?
Posted 11:14am 14/7/13
I think $20 is still too much for RE6, from what I heard its a bit average. But yeah, Tomb Raider is great
deadlyf
Posted 11:27am 14/7/13
Looking at the community section, Baldur's Gate is normally $20? Do they charge a dollar for every year old it is?
Enska
Posted 12:46pm 14/7/13
NZA is good fun with a few mates, average otherwise.
I thought about RE6 but having not even touched 5 I decided to pass :P
Posted 01:00pm 14/7/13
I thought about RE6 but having not even touched 5 I decided to pass :P

Good point.
rrrocket
Posted 01:04pm 14/7/13
+1 Tomb Raider is great.
Posted 01:11pm 14/7/13
Nazi Zombie is a nice time waster, if you can get it cheap and like blowing off the heads of zombies its fun. Its set in the same environment as Sniper Elite V2. Also if anyone doesn't have Witcher 2, get it. Best RPG ever.
Posted 01:35pm 14/7/13
Vote for Baldurs gate!
Tollaz0r!
Posted 01:57pm 14/7/13
Mosfx I did. Every RPG fan should have played Baldures Gate it was a tough call over System Shock 2 though. Both incredibly good games.
Posted 02:23pm 14/7/13
Yeah I can't find my old discs I am missing one :(
Mantorok
Posted 02:29pm 14/7/13
The ridiculous price is because it's the enhanced edition.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 02:46pm 14/7/13
Sadly it isn't that enhanced. Totally worth $10, $20 a big stretch though for such an old game.
Thundercracker
Posted 05:59pm 14/7/13
If I had time to play these games I would be all over tomb raider and a few others. Time poor :/
Alize`
Posted 08:01pm 14/7/13
Anyone played starDrive? It sounds like I could kill a lot of time with it.
Posted 08:46pm 14/7/13
picked up fez and aoe2hd
Fade2Black
Posted 08:59pm 14/7/13
Borederlands 2. Worth it?
dais
Posted 11:20pm 14/7/13
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 05:11am 15/7/13
The last second of that video, lawls.
kos
Posted 07:35am 15/7/13
Grabbed Antichamber at 66% off and ended up unable to put it down, finishing it in one sitting.

Brilliant mind bender, would recommend to anyone who likes a problem solving game, but it certainly wasn't this "deeply psychological experience that will make you question everything you know about how a game works..." like they try to claim in the description.
Posted 07:36am 15/7/13
Borederlands 2. Worth it?

Borderlands 2 is a FPS/RPG game, it's really great if you have a few friends to play with.
Posted 08:18am 15/7/13
I'd highly recommend Total War: Shogun 2, Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Portal 2 and the current community choice Deadlight. Each of these games are brilliant, and Shogun 2 alone will give you hundred of hours of playtime. Also I would definitely recommend Borderlands 2 while its still cheap, great co-op loot game.
fpot
Posted 10:15am 15/7/13
Seriously, grab Fallout: NV Ultimate Edition for $5. It is probably the most well written game I've ever played.

Don't play it like a Bethesda game and try and do and see everything in a single playthrough. Your actions actually have consequences so some things will be locked out until you play again (and you will).
Posted 10:37am 15/7/13
Heh, I went to buy Deadlight and it turns out I already own it, must have bought it in a previous sale. Its gone beyond buying games I never play, now I don't even remember the games i'm buying :(
kappa
Posted 10:41am 15/7/13
Can anyone recommend hitman absolution?
Tollaz0r!
Posted 10:47am 15/7/13
Khel, I think... I think you might have a problem.
fpot
Posted 10:49am 15/7/13
Do you buy bundles often Khel? You might have unwittingly bought it in a bundle and not realised.
Dazhel
Posted 11:12am 15/7/13
Posted 11:20am 15/7/13
Haha nice

Possibly, I've bought a few humble bundles, dunno if it was ever in one of those.
Posted 11:24am 15/7/13
Nothing really of interest today, any game that did I already own, I save money today xD
Posted 11:46am 15/7/13
tempted to buy hitman. i primarily want dishonored for a stealth based game though.
Posted 12:33pm 15/7/13

Don't. It is a good game, but not worth the Hitman name.
Enska
Posted 12:44pm 15/7/13
^^ Bulls***, people keep saying that but other than a few s***** levels running from the cops it's classic Hitman.
Posted 12:53pm 15/7/13
Disagree enska.

IIRC reviews said the hitman levels were a lot of going from A to B with the cutscenes doing the hit for you, not actually making the kill yourself. The game was more about getting from A to B using stealth and disguises rather than planning a pro execution.

Ive got a torrent version ive been meaning to install to see if its worth the ~$6.

Looking to get the DLC for Shogun 2. Im yet to play it so dunno if all the extra DLCs are worth it. Comments?
konstie
Posted 02:26pm 15/7/13
fall of the samurai is a great dlc for shogun 2, but the game is fun in it's own right.
Posted 02:27pm 15/7/13
They can be Deadly if you enjoy more battle scenarios but that is really the only uniqueness about the DLC. The full pack is something like $16 so you can always trade off the second copy of the game.
Enska
Posted 02:39pm 15/7/13
So you disagree with me without even playing the f*****g game davo, why am I not surprised.
Dazhel
Posted 03:03pm 15/7/13

Strange logic. I'd argue it's worth gambling six dollars over.
Posted 03:04pm 15/7/13
I disagreed with you based on a number of reviews ive read and comments from people online. Im more likely to believe info from a number of sources than your single post.
TiT
Posted 03:04pm 15/7/13

If you calculate how much per gb you pay for internet it probably cost you more to download it :P
Posted 03:10pm 15/7/13
^
~$3.60 to DL.
fpot
Posted 03:11pm 15/7/13
Are your Steam downloads unmetered?
Posted 03:13pm 15/7/13
Yeah, even if it doesn't have quite the same gameplay as previous Hitman games, it sounds like its still a good game in its own right, scored 83 on metacritic which is pretty decent. Sounds like its easily worth $6
Posted 03:35pm 15/7/13
Are your Steam downloads unmetered?

i have trouble downloading games unmetered on bigpond. it's as if no games are even on the bigpond servers.
trog
Posted 03:40pm 15/7/13
Umm, they all are now.
Posted 03:49pm 15/7/13
Oh it is most definitely worth the cheaper price for some pleasant stealthy action, but it isn't the greatest Hitman I've played.
Posted 04:07pm 15/7/13
Umm, they all are now.

cool. i will change it back to telstra and see how it goes.
d^
Posted 04:09pm 15/7/13

$30.58 for BL2 + SP.
Posted 04:12pm 15/7/13
season pass usually means you get all present and future DLC
Posted 04:15pm 15/7/13
Thinking about getting Borderlands 2 and Season pass. Question though, what DLC is NOT included in the Season Pass? As in, how much am I up for in total to get everything for the game?$30.58 for BL2 + SP.
The DLC included in the Season Pass is the four campaigns. Anything outside of that like the two new classes are not included.
Posted 04:19pm 15/7/13
Just google it, I was surprised it really is just the 4 content packs, doesn't include the skins or characters.

Altho the Mechromancer was unlocked for my prior to me buying the Season Pass.
Posted 04:38pm 15/7/13
wow, it's pretty lame that you don't get all the DLC.
d^
Posted 05:16pm 15/7/13
Yes it is, going to wait for the GOTY edition. Cheers guys.
Posted 10:20am 16/7/13
test
Posted 10:27am 16/7/13
Test was successful Eorl :P
Posted 10:28am 16/7/13
I'm seeing Dishonored for $15.... thoughts anyone? I remember a mate telling me it was a big disappointment so I never got it. He's a super negative guy when it comes to games though hahaha
Posted 10:41am 16/7/13
Heh thanks for the confirmation. Grabbing Dust and Deus Ex when that goes on sale. I think overall I've only spent about $30 maybe, which I guess is good considering I've gotten about 10 games out of it, one which will offer me nearly 200 hours or more.
Posted 10:50am 16/7/13
#3.75 for deus ex. it was worth it at full price at release.
deadlyf
Posted 10:56am 16/7/13
I really did not like Dues Ex but for $3.75 it'd be worth checking out if you haven't played it before.

I'm doing pretty well so far, only bought 3 games with only 1 of them in the "I might never get around to playing it" category. It's a good reminder not to go too crazy when you see games on sale that you've owned for well over a year yet have still to play.
Posted 11:14am 16/7/13
#3.75 for deus ex. it was worth it at full price at release.

Yea I really enjoyed Deus Ex. Had a blast playing as long as I could without killing anyone.
Posted 11:45am 16/7/13

I got it on the Xbox 360, It's got some fantastic replay ability due to the fact there are different ways to complete missions such as stealth take outs, all out run and gun, sneaky by poising targets you have to kill etc etc.
Game is good towards the end I felt it got abit easy as I maxed out some abilities and i could just teleport behind a enemy and kill them
Posted 12:00pm 16/7/13

Might have to pick it up I think. I will be broke before this is over.
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 12:51pm 16/7/13
It's $1.60 for all of the Deus Ex DLC's for the next few hours, looks like I'll have another thing on steam to get around to in another lifetime. :D
Posted 01:39pm 16/7/13
Oh yeah? Cheer Mosfx - I figured he was a bit anal about it cause I do remember seeing a bunch of good reviews. Replay value aside, how long was your single play through if you remember? Might have to pick it up I think. I will be broke before this is over.

Not sure probably 10 hours +

If you go looking for all the items, side quests etc you could get more time out of it, but as I mentioned you could do a run through to kill everyone and then a stealth run and not kill anyone you get bonuses if you do not kill anyone in missions.
BladeRunner
Posted 05:28pm 16/7/13
I said to myself Im probably not going to buy much this steam sale.

What I have bought so far.

BL2 season pass for my brother.
Killing Floor (random impulse purchase) I also just bought this for my brother too so we can play co-op. So thats 2 copies.
Bully Scholarship edition.
Hard Reset Extended Edition.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Posted 05:40pm 16/7/13
Killing floor is pretty good IMO. Great for coop.

Consider grabbing FEAR 3. Has a survival mode like CoD zombies and also can play thru the campaign coop. Id grab it if my second machine was good enough to play it.
BladeRunner
Posted 06:41pm 16/7/13
Damn you DeadlyDav0. I just bought the fear collection lol. I am very suggestible it seems.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 06:58pm 16/7/13
I bought Hot Miami and it has been worth the $'s.
I'm considering Poker Night 1, I like all the characters it could be pretty funny. Or frustrating.

Kerbal Space program is worth the cash, it might go better on a flash sale though.
Posted 07:04pm 16/7/13
today's buys were dishonored and deus ex dlc.

the community choice has skyrim at $0 lol.
Viper119
Posted 07:12pm 16/7/13
I've picked up a bunch already, damn you steam summer sales!!

I thought Dishonored was amazeballs, definitely one of my favorite games of recent years; it was like an awesome blend of thief and half-life. I'd defo recommend it; not sure why its got some haters!
Posted 07:46pm 16/7/13
today's buys were dishonored and deus ex dlc.the community choice has skyrim at $0 lol.

I so hope it does go through. God that will be awesome.
Dazhel
Posted 08:04pm 16/7/13
Haha, yeah bit of a wtf with Skyrim at $0 there for a while. It showing the correct 40% off now for me though ($30)
Posted 09:50pm 16/7/13
I was looking for Dragon Age II, but I guess that's Origin only :(?
Posted 10:16pm 16/7/13
yeah they removed it because the DLC is bought within the game (all profits go to EA) instead of through steam. i believe a few other games got removed around about the same time for the same reason.
deadlyf
Posted 11:12pm 16/7/13
I don't think EA release any new games through Steam anymore.

I want my Skyrim vote back, $30 for a 2 years old game doesn't cut it for a Steam sale.
Posted 11:19pm 16/7/13
it's the legendary edition which comes with all the DLC.
Posted 11:43pm 16/7/13

You havent played Fear 1-3? If you like FPS, you should like them. 1 of my top rated FPS games for solo campaigns.
Posted 08:14am 17/7/13
Hmm, wondering if I should grab Scribblenauts (heard some good things), Orcs Must Die 2 and Serious Sam 3. Any of these recommended?
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 08:16am 17/7/13
Orcs Must Die 2 is f*****g amazing, probably one of the only games I've ever gone back and finished again on hard mode.
Posted 08:59am 17/7/13
Orcs must die 2 is good, but best in coop. Orcs must die 1 is solo only.

Mix of RPG style upgrades for weapons and traps and the standard tower defence gameplay, but played in third person POV if you didnt know. Only issue, many of the maps are designed for coop as the enemy spawns are a distance apart and require running back and forwards with 2 different mazes of traps if played solo. This was my biggest complaint as i played thru the campaign plus DLC solo and some of the maps were clearly set up for coop. Survival mode played solo or coop (last 50 waves or whatever) is also pretty s***.

Lol, can see in steam you just grabbed it.
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 09:28am 17/7/13
Pft, real men do all the running back and forth on hard mode and still brutally murder those hordes of monsters, and consider it part of the challenge. :P
Posted 09:34am 17/7/13

Definitely recommend Serious Sam 3 as the game is hella fun. I've yet to play Orcs but my mate has been creaming over it (and paid $15 to bet me a copy to play with him).
TiT
Posted 11:34am 17/7/13
orc must die 2 is awesome co-op definitively keen to play with someone!!
d^
Posted 12:27pm 17/7/13
I'm up for that TiT. Anyone recommend Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe? Does it contain everything? I'm tempted. I got shafted with Sleeping Dogs buying the DLC the other day paying about $27-$28 for it all now it's half that. Ah well.
Posted 12:33pm 17/7/13
Damn, you just reminded me I still haven't finished AssAssCreed 3. Dunno why I stopped, I was enjoying it :/
d^
Posted 12:35pm 17/7/13
Hah well I just missed out, gonna wait to see if it is a daily deal because Valve seem to put better deals than flash sales in the daily deals the f*****s.
Posted 12:37pm 17/7/13
Hahaha yea I've seen heaps off the flash sales & community choices later become a daily deal. Not to mention theres is still like a week to go.
Dazhel
Posted 12:52pm 17/7/13
lol Alien Colonial Marines at US$20, still way overpriced even at 75% off.
Enska
Posted 01:00pm 17/7/13
lol f***. I bought Orcs Must Die last summer sale I think. I still haven't played it and now this years sale has f***** number 2 for $3.75
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 01:08pm 17/7/13
I never played the first and still loved the second. Considered buying it but then decided that with older mechanics - and without the sorceress - I wasn't quite as juvenile'ishly interested...

cinematic.jpg
Dazhel
Posted 01:37pm 17/7/13
I really enjoyed the first Orcs Must Die, but it got somewhat repetitive in later levels.
I think I bought the second also in my steam list as part of a bundle but haven't played it yet because of that reason but I'm rethinking that if there's co-op involved :D
d^
Posted 05:37pm 17/7/13
The first is an excellent game and you should get it even if you already own the second game.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 06:27pm 17/7/13
I'm thinking of getting Rising Storm. I really enjoyed DoD back in the day and this looks as close to it as I'm going to get (without playing DoD). I also heard good things about Red Orchestra.

Anyway, thoughts?
ctd
Posted 06:50pm 17/7/13
DoD was the s***ttttttt (before they introduced recoil). What was that snow map called again? That was awesome.
Posted 08:06pm 17/7/13
How is the Secret World these days? I played it at the launch and while it had some really interesting environments and settings, the combat was pretty lackluster. I did however really like the quest system and some of the dungeons were really cool.
Posted 08:13pm 17/7/13
is a third choice in the community vote missing for anyone else?
Posted 08:14pm 17/7/13
is a third choice in the community vote missing for anyone else?

Yep me too. I just assumed it was cause I'm using my Mac atm
Posted 10:13pm 17/7/13
It seems to be missing for everyone, so definitely not region locked. Though usually if its region locked we'd get a notification of such.

Anyway, thoughts?
Rising Storm is amazing, so much atmosphere and just awesome comrade fun. The map designs are beautiful, and the realistic shooting makes it even more enjoyable in that you won't sit there spraying someone for 5 minutes to have them turn around and shoot you in the head.
Posted 11:47pm 17/7/13
I had never even considered Rising Storm cause I'd never hear of it. Seriously considering now.
The GuVna
Posted 08:26am 18/7/13
I finally bit on something this sale, Dark Souls : Prepare to Die for $12.50

Anyone else get it this time round? Its meant to be a good co-op & stupidly hard.

As always for every steam sale, I recommend GTA IV Complete for $7.50 :)
Posted 09:06am 18/7/13
Thinking about Dark Souls... can't make a decision yet.

Posted 09:29am 18/7/13
Thinking about Dark Souls... can't make a decision yet.Heads up with GTA IV though - it doesn't work on Windows 8 (or at least for me). Actually when I tried it on Win7 I couldn't get it working there either. Maybe I've gone full retard.
Works for me, though as per usual GFWL is sketchy in multiplayer.

I would definitely recommend Dark Souls. You'll need to grab a few mods over here to smooth out the experience of an atrocious port, but the actual core gameplay is addictive and brutal.
jay
Posted 09:35am 18/7/13
FYI Darksouls is US$6.37 on Amazon.
Using promo code "Gooncave"
Tollaz0r!
Posted 09:46am 18/7/13
Yer I ended up buying it. Except I'm at 99,200 GB of 100,000 GB quota, until Saturday. I can't seem to force 3fl as the only download spot. :/
Taipan
Posted 09:52am 18/7/13
Grabbed total war shogun 2 and i am not even sure if it was on sale it was just cheaper than i had seen it before. I am not even sure if ill play it much atm i just love the series that much i want to keep collecting them all. I would have gotten it ages ago i was just being a tight ass.
Dazhel
Posted 11:26am 18/7/13
To those guys that were up for Orcs Must Die 2 co-op earlier - I'm keen if you've got something planned.
I did have it after all probably from the last summer sale & just needed to click install. :D

Edit:
I was this close --> <-- to buying Bastion, before I checked again and realised I have it from Humble Bundle previously. :/
Posted 09:02am 19/7/13
the far cry 3 daily deal is the same deal it's been for the whole sale. lame!
Posted 09:09am 19/7/13
I have only bought some Borderlands 2 DLC so far, nothing has really appealed to me I either already have it between my PC or Xbox or I just know I am never going to ever play the game like 98% of my Steam Games lol
d^
Posted 09:15am 19/7/13
Is there anyway to get the original Risen on steam in Australia? Can we get it VPN or gifted?
Posted 10:18am 19/7/13
Daz, if you already had bastion then if you are browsing thru steam client, or logged in for steam in browser, then the game's page should say that you already own it.

Is the Amazon thing still working? I checked Xcom to dodge the aus surcharge and amazon has it for $40, and it was the PC download version.

Also, i saw infestation survivor stories and thought, 'hmmm, whats that', clicked the page then remembered how WarZ had to change their name. lol.
eski
Posted 10:42am 19/7/13
My urge to buy s*** is so much greater than my desire to play it.
Dazhel
Posted 10:59am 19/7/13

Yeah, that's the problem - I tossed the Humble crew a few bucks for Bastion in a weekly sale back in March planning to play it later, then never claimed the steam key so steam didn't know that I'd bought it yet. :)
Posted 03:42pm 19/7/13

I also did the same thing lol
Enska
Posted 04:57pm 19/7/13
^^ I f*****g voted for it, then went to the store page all excited until I twigged >
d^
Posted 07:35pm 19/7/13
Welp I've spent a fair bit on games i'll probably not play in a while haha.
Taipan
Posted 08:57pm 19/7/13
Welp I've spent a fair bit on games i'll probably not play in a while haha.

Theu certainly seem to have us all worked out pretty well. Drop the price on a game most of us are in no hurry to buy and all of a sudden we are lining up to fork over our cash. I likely wont play much of shogun 2 but i have been waiting for a while for it to come down in price so i grabbed it. Still nice to have as part of my total war collection :-)
Viper119
Posted 09:35pm 19/7/13
Is CoD MW3 good, it looks epic from the vids.

Also has anyone played Van Helsing?
Lynx
Posted 09:50pm 19/7/13
I've played through all the Borderlands 2 DLC now.
All the DLC with the exception of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep was quiet lacking. Tiny Tina's DLC though...WOW. Soo much better then the others and even I'd say, maybe better then the game's main quest line.
If you enjoyed Borderlands, definitely get it.
Posted 10:20pm 19/7/13
Is CoD MW3 good, it looks epic from the vids.

Same s*** as CoD MW2.

At least there is coop for the special forces missions - whatever they were called. However, IIRC there is no lan play and only P2P servers so 1 person will be ping/lag free and the other probably not so much.
Enska
Posted 03:32am 20/7/13
MW3 is f*****g average don't bother. Van Helsing is really cool, at first glance it seems like your standard arpg but it chucks in some tower defense further in. It's also pretty damn hard.
Posted 06:53am 20/7/13
Finally Baldurs Gate $5 COME AT ME BRO!
Posted 12:19pm 21/7/13
Mortal Kombat on sale, everyone should grab it :p

Shame its not even cheaper, but I guess it did only just come out.
Posted 12:28pm 21/7/13
sweet FF7 is on sale too.