We sit down with Blizzard to discuss the return of the Old Gods in Hearthstone, the fascinating new PvP mode Duels, and the spooky carnival that is Warcraft’s Darkmoon Faire.
Hearthstone Interview - Darkmoon Faire, Old Gods, and Duels!
DualSensing a Seismic Shift in How we Play and Develop Games
In Conversation With Sony - Astro's Playroom and the PS5
We sit down with Xbox Game Studios’ World’s Edge and Melbourne developer Tantalus to discuss the creation of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition.
The Making of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
Where we fall in love with the turn-based RPG combat and new protagonist Ichiban Kasuga.
Yakuza Goes Full RPG In The Brilliant Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 12:21pm 08/07/13 | 16 Comments
Australian broadcasters SBS and ABC have their place on Xbox 360 alongside Foxtel, but Microsoft and Network Ten today revealed a partnership that would see Ten as the first free-to-air commercial station arriving on the Xbox 360 in on-demand form.
The Network Ten Xbox app gives Xbox Gold Live subscribers instant access to a library of more than 25 programs including Offspring, The Graham Norton Show, Bondi Vet, Bondi Rescue, The Living Room and Totally Wild, meaning Xbox owners will never miss a moment of their favourite local and international hit shows from TEN, ELEVEN and ONE. Additionally, people will be able to use their voice and gesture commands to navigate the app and its content with Kinect for Xbox 360.
The app will also feature updated news from Ten's afternoon and nighttime news programs.

"We are thrilled to be adding Network Ten programs to the Xbox platform and further expanding our content library," said Jeremy Hinton, Interactive Entertainment Business Lead, Microsoft Australia via press release. "Our aim is to provide Australian Xbox LIVE members with the best and most popular television content, alongside movies, music and games, and now they will be able to access some of Australia’s highest rated local and international shows."

The new app will go live on the Xbox 360 Dashboard this Wednesday, July 10.

xbox livexbox 360australianetwork tenfree-to-air on-demand

eski
Posted 12:54pm 08/7/13
Just another reason that Live is a s***** deal - MS insist on gating these services behind a paywall when most other places provide this content for free. They then go on to spruik what incredible value a gold sub offers. So f*****g sick of PR nonsense.
Monkeez
Posted 02:58pm 08/7/13
So what's the advantage of watching TV on the Xbox compared to watching TV on the... TV?
kappa
Posted 03:06pm 08/7/13
Shows are on-demand
thermite
Posted 03:18pm 08/7/13
Who would demand any of the crap on their channel? oh please let me pay to watch Totally Wild

Oh and btw it's an app.

Can't even take a dump these days without it being an app.

How come I don't need an app on my tv to watch tv? Bet they'd like that wouldn't they. Imagine if Apple/Microsoft were around when TVs were invented - I wouldn't enjoy watching TV at all.
trog
Posted 03:29pm 08/7/13
Will it have Simpsons episodes on-demand?
Obes
Posted 03:37pm 08/7/13
I don't know wether it's good that traditional media has worked out technology exists, or if it is bad because it's MS and xbox
Twisted
Posted 07:35am 09/7/13
Desperate moves from a dying station constantly on the brink of bankruptcy.
copuis
Posted 08:37am 09/7/13
seems a little lame tbh,
my $50 bluray player has all the catchup services free, and this should be the same with the xbox,
crazymorton
Posted 12:38pm 09/7/13
Sounds as if it's just like ABC iView.

shows on catch up rotation for a limited time.

my pipes are so slow sometimes even iView stutters and plays it's own catch up as i chase that little grey line......buffering.....buffering.....buffering

I've used both SBS and ABC via Xbox, an annual gold membership is only $50.

oh i also use Crackle via Xbox which is ok, when not ......buffering!
trog
Posted 12:48pm 09/7/13
ORLY, via what mechanism?

i have a samsung bluray player which does some Internet magic, but I found it too clunky compared to, you know, doing something while wearing wicketkeeper gloves while in a tank of molasses, so don't even have it plugged into the Internet at the moment. I keep thinking about plugging it in again to see what TV on demand services are available; particularly interested in movie-on-demand stuff.
groganus
Posted 01:13pm 09/7/13
My TV, does iview, sbs and 7, from memory it's a panasonic TV.

It doesn't do them well as it was one of the first generations to have the functionality, but i'm sure the newer tv's are great.

My ps3 does the same.
Spook
Posted 01:15pm 09/7/13
yer, my samsung tv does iview, sbs's product and channel 10 soon im sure.

its all integrated and nice and smooth and works perfectly.

me and spook jnr have been watching the original robotech series on the yuotubes on the tele, cant get over how good it looks!
trog
Posted 01:37pm 09/7/13
yer, my samsung tv does iview, sbs's product and channel 10 soon im sure.

its all integrated and nice and smooth and works perfectly.

any movies on demand? I know my Samsung could talk to BigPond Movies but was wondering if there were other services
Hogfather
Posted 01:56pm 09/7/13
Hopefully when the NBN is ubiquitous I'll be able to get proper blu-ray quality content on demand streamed.

Having started watching the blue rays I can't go back to compressed stuff now, and streaming 20+ giggers for a couple hour film wont fit down my puny pipe!
deadlyf
Posted 02:04pm 09/7/13
Samsung TVs and smart devices have Foxtel, Bigpond, Quickflix and a few other movie apps along with a number of on-demand channels.

There is a free Quickflix like app called Crackle or something like that, which has a bunch of movies similar to Quickflix (mostly older titles) but it is ad supported so every 10 minutes or so you get an ad interrupting your movie (usually the same one too so it can get annoying fast).

There is also a Plex app, I don't use it myself so can't say how good it is. From what I've seen of the smart hub it's pretty good, runs smooth and that includes the apps I've tried. I don't use it too often though since I have a PC hooked up through HDMI and Unified remote on my phone to control it.
Spook
Posted 02:46pm 09/7/13

yer, as above, its got some bigpond hookup, and quickflix;

plus other apps you can download.

i dont watch moofies on demand though, but it does play all of the medias that i have in my dlna archives. (annoyingly you need to rename mkvs)