18 years after the conclusion of Shenmue II, Yu Suzuki returns with the long-awaited crowdfunded sequel - decades in the making.
Shenmue III Review - Party Like its 1999
We sit down with Hearthstone’s Lead Designer Dean Ayala and Producer Melissa Corning to discuss the new dragon-themed set, the new Auto Chess inspired Battlegrounds, and more.
Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons - Blizzard on the New Expansion
We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
Post by Eorl @ 01:46pm 05/06/13 | 7 Comments
A new update has hit the official client for Valve's free-to-play title Dota 2, bringing with it the usual bug fixes but also a quite large list of balance changes for both heroes and certain items.

The long list of balances include changes to various hero damage outputs, skills and duration decreases/increases. Also of note is the discovery of what looks to be official native offline support for Dota 2, which was noted by Reddit user vtor67. The post includes a screenshot which shows the "Dota 2 test client without a connection to the steam servers", allowing them to "practice offline with bots, do quests, and do anything that wouldn't require a connection to the steam servers." Currently those who lose Internet connection on the live client are unable to do anything outside of accessing console commands.

It is not known whether LAN support will be added for offline mode, and whether you'll be able to toggle offline connection inside the client, instead of currently going offline through the Steam client. Hopefully we'll hear more on this new addition but for now you can check out the full changelog over here to check whether your favourite hero has been given a buff or a nerf.

dota 2patch notesoffline play
Buy now from SteamUS

trog
Posted 02:27pm 05/6/13
HUSKAR BUFFS! No wonder I keep losing as Huskar.

(Am I using 'buffs' right? I never played WoW or any of those other games where people talked in that lingo.)

Some interesting balance changes though, looking forward to giving this a crack tonight.
DeadlyDav0
Posted 02:47pm 05/6/13
Buff = improve, nerf = worsen AFAIK.

Husk is easy. F*** off burning spears IMO and rush armlet then lifesteal helm for satanic. He makes a great mid that comes to a side lane for kills once he has his ulti. Of course maybe my game experience is all wrong but its worked for me.

Just played a game before with the changes. They were talking about doom's ult changes but he didnt get his scepter. Also saw the medusa changes ingame.

Most significant changes IMO:
Doom: Aghanim's Scepter upgrade duration reworked (duration doesn't count down while near Doom)
Lich: Chainfrost bounce count increased from 7 to 10
Lifestealer: Open Wounds cast range decreased from 600 to 200/300/400/500
Lone Druid: Spirit Bear now has its HP drained by Armlet when active
Sand King: Invisibility fade delay when exiting Sand Storm improved from 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.5 to 1.5
Shadow Fiend: Requiem of Souls damage reduction increased from 15/20/25% to 50%
Shadow Shaman: Aghanim's Mass Serpent Wards damage increased from 53-59/74-79/94-100 to 85-90/105-110/125-130
Skeleton King: Critical Strike Reworked (Allows you to temporarily trade Critical Strike for a 7 second 20% max life drain)
Tidehunter: Ravage AoE rescaled from 825/925/1025 to 1025
Ursa: Fury Swipes duration increased from 6 to 15

Black King Bar: Magic Immunity now has a 6th level of decrease
Blink Dagger: Cooldown decreased from 14 to 12
Bloodstone: Can be activated to instantly kill yourself (requires a ground target)
Quelling Blade: Can now target Observer or Sentry wards dealing 100 damage (wards have 200 hp)
Quelling Blade: Cast range increased from 100 to 350

Swapping a hero that you randomed now costs you 100 gold
Hero getting last hit on tower gives 100-200 bonus gold. Does not affect team bounty in any way
carson
Posted 03:39pm 05/6/13
Husk is easy now and will be the new pubstomp hero. People need to remember that armour reduction and physical damage will rape his face off. Heroes like Necro would be good counters to him imo. Even maybe Slardar.

The new drafting system is way better for competitive games. Though, I haven't seen any games with high tier teams yet, so it'll be interesting to see how they go tonight with some of the tournies.
d^
Posted 06:43pm 05/6/13
blademail counters huskar pretty well tbh.
trog
Posted 07:28pm 05/6/13
Husk better not become mainstream; I've been battling with him for months - I'm 26 and 41 with him so far, but I still really enjoy playing with him. The games I win are usually absolute romp-fests and super fun. The games I lose (much more common obviously) are still pretty good fun though.

edit: here's my top heroes list. Best at Lina - she was the hero I started using earliest so I thought I'd have the most games with her, but actually have slightly more with Huskar. I realised I sssssucked at melee heroes so I've been playing lots of Doom and SK and getting into them a bit now - it is so satisfying to melee with heaps of crit damage especially if you're doing a sweet timing attack and just happen to get the critical hit.

I probably am at the point where I need to random more and get more experience with some of the other heroes - just had my first game as Necro and did pretty well, although our team got completely stomped.

dota-wins.jpg
carson
Posted 07:55pm 05/6/13
Trog, try semi carries. I found them to be the most fun to play. Mirana, Windrunner, Clockwerk, Silencer, etc. They are super versatile as they don't rely on items as much and can fill most roles if needed.

I get bored of hard carries. Especially in pubs where you gotta rice for ages, and games can drag on for longer than they need too.
d^
Posted 10:04pm 05/6/13
trog how are you 0-4 with viper? s*** team?