A virtual tour through Night City, as powered by NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30 series of graphics cards.
Cyberpunk 2077 – A Tour Through Night City
We review the flagship Samsung 8K QLED Q950TS 75-inch panel and put it through its paces with next-gen gaming hardware.
Samsung 8K QLED Review
We chat with the author behind the new original short story set in the Overwatch universe about the creative process, lore, and more.
Stone by Stone - Interview with Overwatch Author Christie Golden
The MSI Optix MAG274R is as much a great 1080p display as it is affordable.
MSI Optix MAG274R Review - The Affordable Display to Beat
Post by Dan @ 07:01am 23/04/13 | 10 Comments
The bankruptcy auctions for THQ's remaining intellectual properties have now all completed, and while some of the successful bidders will likely wait until final court approval before declaring their triumph, the new owner of the Homeworld franchise hasn't wasted any time.

In an official blog post, Borderlands and Aliens Colonial Marines developer Gearbox Software has revealed themselves as the highest bidder on the acclaimed space-faring strategy franchise Homeworld, popularised by two games from Relic Entertainment over a decade ago.
Gearbox Software has prevailed as the highest bidder in the acquisition of the Homeworld franchise from THQ. Brian Martel, Gearbox Software's Chief Creative Officer, has great love and respect for Relic's brilliant, fun and innovative game and personally spearheaded the acquisition.

Brian intends as first priority to direct Gearbox's interest to preserve and assemble the purest form of the original acclaimed and beloved games, Homeworld and Homeworld 2, with the intent of making them accessible on today's leading digital platforms.
The developer is calling for community input to help steer the future direction of the franchise, by way of their official forums.

homeworldgearbox softwarethqbankruptcy

HerbalLizard
Posted 07:21am 23/4/13
I loved the original and this might be enough to build a windows box just to play it
simul
Posted 07:43am 23/4/13
Aww, gearbox is so off/on, hopefully this comes as an on, but recently any franchise they have been given (DNF, Aliens) turns out to be pure arse.
euphoria
Posted 08:22am 23/4/13
I just recently fired up Homeworld 2 again - what a great game. But nothing will equal the awesome that was the first one (except for the interminable waiting to collect all remaining resources time sink).
Rdizz
Posted 08:48am 23/4/13
homeworld 2 with the starwars mod is f*****g win
tHeBoRg
Posted 09:11am 23/4/13
So if Randy gushes over this IP and puts as much love and care and all Gearbox's resources to it as he did the Aliens franchise we should have a......Oh that's right.
Viper119
Posted 09:21am 23/4/13
Yeah they don't have a great portfolio - http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/games

Homeworld is ace, played it recently and still runs great and looks nice. I tried to play Homeworld 2 but I couldn't get it to run.
carson
Posted 09:25am 23/4/13
I think this is a case of a franchise having run it's course and now it's running on nostalgia alone. I just don't have much anticipation for this. There is less chance I get hurt that way.
euphoria
Posted 11:59am 23/4/13
I tried to play Homeworld 2 but I couldn't get it to run.
Hmm, I had no problems on Windows 8. Just had to tweak one of the settings files to specify my widescreen resolution.
Kharak
Posted 12:47pm 23/4/13
This game is pretty bad..
IVY_MiKe
Posted 01:20pm 24/4/13
Yeah, I caught wind of this.

I'm not sure if I'm massively excited or monstrously put off by this :/

The saddest part in this story is that the original guys from Relic may not ever have access to their IP again :/

Everyone here knows about BlackBird Interactive by now right?
I'm keen to see what 'Hardware' turns in to