A new batch of previews out of a handful of German publications have revealed reportedly some new details on CD Projekt RED's recently announced open world RPG, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
According to the forum folk at NeoGAF
key takeaways from the articles include some of the following:
- The main story is 50 hours long (we're guessing the interpretation might be a little off here, and suspect it means that the average playthrough will be 50 hours).
- Save games can be imported and will affect character relationships, but not the core story.
- The game will have 36 possible final states, with three different epilogues that are each an hour long.
- Geralt can now climb the environment more freely, and for the first time, jump.
- Wild animals can be hunted for resources, and a day night cycle and weather system will affect accessibility of the environment.
- New magic abilities include taming wild horses with Axii.
- There will be separate user interfaces for the PC and console versions.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is due in 2014 on PC, PlayStation 4 and "other high end consoles" (read new Xbox).