18 years after the conclusion of Shenmue II, Yu Suzuki returns with the long-awaited crowdfunded sequel - decades in the making.
Shenmue III Review - Party Like its 1999
We sit down with Hearthstone’s Lead Designer Dean Ayala and Producer Melissa Corning to discuss the new dragon-themed set, the new Auto Chess inspired Battlegrounds, and more.
Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons - Blizzard on the New Expansion
We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
Post by trog @ 12:13pm 12/02/13 | 13 Comments
Dell are having a brief three day sale featuring some pretty decent discounts off some of their hardware - might be of interest to people looking for some new gear.

Laptops:

XPS

XPS 8500 (desktop) - $500 Cash off
XPS 13 Ultrabook™ - $500 Cash off
XPS One 2710 (Touch) - $500 Cash off
XPS 15 - $400 Cash off
XPS 14 Ultrabook™ - $200 Cash off

More details available at the Dell website.

dellsalehardware

trog
Posted 12:14pm 12/2/13
FWIW, I love my Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook!
mongie
Posted 12:57pm 12/2/13
I wish they would hurry up and release 12-14" ultrabooks with touchscreens and win8.
hardware
Posted 04:28pm 12/2/13
Yeah, mongie is right. My wife's new asus 14" win 8 touchscreen ssd ultrabook that only cost $700 before I write it off on tax is the single biggest step up in computing that I've seen since the internet.
trog
Posted 04:50pm 12/2/13
is the screen detachable to use as a tablet? I'm at a loss as to why everyone isn't making these.
mission
Posted 05:01pm 12/2/13
Your linky no worky?
TiT
Posted 05:09pm 12/2/13

I guess not because the components like cpu etc will be on the base. unless they had some sort of bluetooth/wifi/airplay to the screen but then the screen would still need some sort cpu video card battery.
Eorl
Posted 05:33pm 12/2/13

Don't think that would be possible unless they use a system similar to what TiT said. My Transformer Prime only uses the keyboard attachment as an extended battery and the actual keyboard, all the guts are actually inside the tablet where as an actual laptop would have a majority of the guts in the base.
Taipan
Posted 07:23pm 12/2/13
Of the laptops listed there which would be the best for gaming?
skythra
Posted 07:23pm 12/2/13

having had two transformers, the original being a quite heavy base and light tablet meant it was ok, but the transformer infinity has a very heavy tablet and light base, making the whole thing a little... weird in docked mode.
LightAssassin
Posted 09:59pm 12/2/13
Trog you might be interested in this little number.

I don't own one, but played with a friends one he got in the US. I am not a fan of windows 8, but this thing was a zappy little thing and as a tablet it blew away his ipad.

I might get one in the future, being able to work on a long document or even some code, and just pick it up and read over what I've done before bed would be great.
DeadlyDav0
Posted 10:03pm 12/2/13
Too bad i dont need a new lappy for uni. Current one for some reason can no longer play minecraft @ a decent framerate.
hardware
Posted 10:44pm 12/2/13
No - however I did look at and consider a few of these, however i couldn't justify the extra expense for my usage.
Whoop
Posted 12:26am 13/2/13

Didn't sony do something like that? Or did they only have the flip screens?

How do dell screens compare to apple's retina displays?

Oh so tempted to get the 15" XPS, but the only game we play at our LAN's anymore is cod 4 and that runs fine on my current MBP so no excuse to upgrade :(