We've taken LIFX lighting through the gaming and entertainment ringer. Does it amplify the experience?
LIFX x Razer Chroma Connect Review - Illuminating Gaming
Like the Strogg enemies of Quake II, this Frankenstein-like mishmash of old and new breeds killer results.
Quake II RTX - Shining a Light on id Software's Classic
Aussie-made Speaking Simulator is a wild ride in the simulation gaming world, but can it complete its sentence in full?
Tongue in Android Cheek - Speaking Simulator Review!
We sit down with Typhoon Studios’ Alex Hutchinson to talk about the studio’s first game, comedy, co-op, and striving to be the fourth-best.
Journey to the Savage Planet - Developer Interview
Post by Eorl @ 02:23pm 18/10/12 | 8 Comments
Valve has released a very mockingly open letter penned by Mann Co. CEO Saxton Hale, to all those who quit mid-game in their free-to-play hat wearing FPS Team Fortress 2. Outlining new methods to combat the quitters, the fictional CEO has seemingly had enough of those who quit mid-game while fighting in the latest robot fiasco update, Mann vs. Machine.
Bidwell’s drummed up some penalties for any coward he catches running away from the frontlines. If any of you cowards out there find these penalties too harsh, don’t worry about it, because see Point #1 (I am coming for you). Whatever penalties you get will seem like a day at the Being Afraid store (or wherever it is cowards like to shop) when I get my big angry hands on your beady little heads.
The latest addition to the TF2 blog outlines the changes being made for anyone who "abandons" any of the Mann vs. Machine servers. The current gist is that anyone who does abandon at first won't be punished, however repeated offences will be temporarily placed in a low-priority pool and will experience longer matchmaking times.

Fear not for those that accidentally disconnect, or in the case of Internet shortages, as the team has made it clear that there needs to be certain requirements met in order to be considered someone who has abandoned a game.
There is a difference between leaving a game and "abandoning" it. It is considered "abandoning" a game if all of the following circumstances are met:
You leave a game while playing a Mann Up game on an official server; and
You have not played through a single wave to completion or failure; and
There are 5 or more players currently connected to the server (including you).
Otherwise, it is safe to disconnect a game without being considered an "abandoner."
These changes have been put into effect as of today, and will only affect those in the Mann Up games. Check out the full FAQ for a more detailed outline of the new system, and also check out the open letter from Saxton Hale here.

team fortress 2mann co.abandon preventionvalve
Buy now from SteamEU

thermite
Posted 02:50pm 18/10/12
That is f*****g retarded. How about I just abandon their game altogether?

As much as I hate not being able to continue a game because of players dropping out, they have lost sight of reality.

Simple fact: TF2 is unimportant and stupid, just like any other computer game. If you're a game developer you are the lowest rank of humanity, and what you do with your life is pointless and dumb. Be a useful member of society; quit your job and clean toilets instead.

last edited by thermite at 14:50:11 18/Oct/12
DeadlyDav0
Posted 02:53pm 18/10/12
^lol what
Reverend Evil
Posted 02:54pm 18/10/12
Should be like WoW and give a 30 minute deserter buff if you chicken out from the dungeon.
Snakeman
Posted 02:55pm 18/10/12
Seems like the only punishment is they make you wait longer in a cue. For the time I was playing this when it first came out a few months back, I just added the good servers to my fav's and joined like that. I cbf'ed waiting for them to match me to a server.
koopz
Posted 04:14pm 18/10/12
I cbf'ed waiting for them to match me to a server.

true... though interestingly, a friend invited me to a server recently and I was unable to join it. :/

I should've taken a screeny of the message that came up
ravn0s
Posted 04:29pm 18/10/12
i played MvM twice and got over it.
Dazhel
Posted 04:53pm 18/10/12
Used to be that watching someone rage quit was funny, nowadays it seems to be srs business.
ctd
Posted 06:57pm 18/10/12

LOL. I get what you are saying, love it.

One of the reasons I got the s**** with dota2. Games go for a f*****g hour but you gotta stick around even if you are getting owned cause they f*** your account over. Rather just not play the s*** game.