2K took us through the big changes coming this year...
NBA 2K23 Gameplay Details Emerge
Where features like NVIDIA G-Sync, VRR, Dolby Vision, and full 4K 120 Hz HDMI 2.1 integration sit alongside LG’s excellent Game Optimiser mode.
We Review the New Brighter LG C2 4K OLED TV for 2022
Monolith Soft's Xenoblade series has always featured memorable stories and characters. With Xenoblade Chronicles 3, the studio might have delivered its masterpiece.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Review - An RPG Masterpiece
Post by Dan @ 10:28am 17/09/12 | 23 Comments
Hitting their lofty US$1.1 Million goal faster than even they expected, Obsidian Entertainment has now revealed the stretch goals for their Project Eternity Kickstarter RPG effort.

From $1.4 million to $2.4 million, six new goals are outlined, indicating that the additional funding will allow the team to add a bunch of new content (new playable races, classes, and additional companions) and ultimately extend platform support to Mac, and Linux.

With Project Eternia, the acclaimed California-based developer hopes to bring fans a new Isometric fantasy RPG in the vein of classics such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment. More details on the new goals, can be found in this Kickstarter page update.

project eterniaobsidian entertainmentkickstarter

Hogfather
Posted 03:25pm 18/9/12
1.4 million, New Playable Race, Class, and Companion! - Achieved!
Expands your options for character creation and adds a companion of the new class.

They're now only 50k off this one, should be good for all you mac crybabys :D
1.6 million, a Mac Version of Project Eternity and The Story Grows!
We've listened and we’ll make a Mac version of the game at this tier. We're also going to add a new major storyline along with new quests, locations, NPCs, and unique loot (special histories everyone?).

30 days to go, they could easily pop 2M.
Vash
Posted 03:41pm 18/9/12
I hope that money invests in good writing & voice acting, and decent gameplay. Thats all that really matters to me. Games focus far too much on graphics nowadays.
It'd be interesting to find out how much of a game's budget is devoted to graphics.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 04:02pm 18/9/12
Look at the people involved in this game, there is little reason to fear them ignoring the game world to focus on graphics.

I just wish they had a special tear for the Boxed Copy and Cloth map only, not for $140 :(

last edited by Tollaz0r! at 16:02:31 18/Sep/12
fpot
Posted 04:03pm 18/9/12
Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, and Josh Sawyer. These names mean you don't need to worry about the game at all.
Vash
Posted 04:17pm 18/9/12
Soon as paypal option shows up im pledging
blah
Posted 04:22pm 18/9/12
i dont that much about kickstarter projects but can someone show me a project that has finished? big project example please.
Posted 04:22pm 18/9/12
I met Chris Avellone a few years ago, didn't even know it was him at the time. I was talking to him about assorted geeky things like comic books, then showed him a game I'd worked on, and while we were playing around with it he casually mentioned something about how it reminded him of when he was working on Fallout. And I was like say whaaaaaaaaaat. Cool guy though, still got his business card, maybe I'll hit him up for a job some day :P "Hey you remember that guy you talked about Spider-man with 6 years ago? Want to hire me?"
eski
Posted 04:36pm 18/9/12
blah -

blah
Posted 04:41pm 18/9/12
blah -http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fine-adventurehttp://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-androidedit - actually, if finished means released product, then I doubt there are many. Kickstarter hasn't been around long enough for large projects to have reached completion.

cool thanks for info, and yes i meant reach completion and had something to show for it or sell.
eski
Posted 03:30pm 20/9/12
So apparently the game Faster Than Light that is currently tearing up the Steam charts was Kickstarter funded.

It achieved its funding goal April 1st and released Sep 14th. It hit #1 on the Steam sales charts and has been hovering in the top 3 since then. Not a bad effort!
Tollaz0r!
Posted 06:29pm 20/9/12
Faster than Light is a great game. I got it, totally worth it. You need to have a bit of a thing for rougelikes to appreciate it more.
fpot
Posted 06:30pm 20/9/12
I bought that and keep getting killed on my first jump encounter :(
TicMan
Posted 06:31pm 20/9/12
$200k to make a Mac client .. gives no software company an excuse any more!
eski
Posted 06:54pm 20/9/12

I loved me some Dwarf Fortress, so this game tickles me just right. Hell, the music alone is worth the price.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 06:59pm 20/9/12
Dwarf Fortress, o how that game has potential. He needs to stop faffing about and makes sieges that tunnel and overcome your defenses, otherwise it is way to easy to turtle up.
fpot
Posted 04:25pm 21/9/12
So who has pledged to this? I have secured my digital copy with a $20 pledge but I think I really want that cloth map :/ I will probably end up pledging the full $140 for that.

edit: omg signed Collector's edition box for the $250 pledge :/
Tollaz0r!
Posted 07:02pm 21/9/12
Yer I'm not happy with the Cloth map tier, it's wayy to high. I'd be happy with a $50-$80 tier with boxed copy and cloth map and nothing else.

O well.
Pirroh
Posted 07:28pm 21/9/12
I've got money down on the regular boxed version.
fpot
Posted 06:56am 27/9/12
2 million reached.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 07:00am 27/9/12
Player House oh yer, hopefully they do something special with it other than the generic house full of stolen cabbages or something.
fpot
Posted 07:04am 27/9/12
Remember who is making the game dude *gush* *gush* *gush*
Tollaz0r!
Posted 09:05am 27/9/12
I'm hanging out for this game more then any of the other outstanding gaming kickstarter projects such as Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns.

Faster than light delivered quite well also.

O I remember those who are behind this project and what a line-up it is. A player House with the sorts of story/mechanics and world integration these guys generally do would be awesome. So many missions/quests could be integrated with the house plus further mechanics that would be interesting, an attached shop for instance...
Hogfather
Posted 12:18pm 12/10/12
2.6M now. They've had to go mental coming up with new stretch goals..
15b1e21f52d9d6ef537b2bb367aaef23_large.j
They've also released the first environment screenshot:

PE-TempleEntrance01-1920x1080.jpg

They're sticking with the Infinity-era design methodology of crafting environments in 3D, then rendering them and touching them up. I like the sound of it, will give the world a really nice retro RPG feel and should look amazing.

They've also launched some kickstarter extras where you can buy the features you want without the tiers - for example rather than throwing down $150, if you just want the early access beta you can chuck in an extra $25 alone if you've already pledged $20 or more.