Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Post by Eorl @ 01:33pm 07/08/12 | 16 Comments
The ArmA 2 zombie mod that has made the military simulator stay in the top ten Steam sales for over three months has finally hit one million unique players, a very large feat for creator Dean "Rocket" Hall and his team.

While the moment is quite a happy one, the DayZ creator and his team are still working as hard as possible, with a standalone release having been teased in a recent interview with MP1st.
Hall gave fans an update on the upcoming standalone DayZ title, stating that it should release in the next few months and ”certainly before Christmas,” as long as a deal can be struck with Bohemia Interactive or another publisher.
If you haven't yet heard of DayZ then check out the official website for a run down of the survival mod including the official forums and screenshots. You can also check out AusGamers official install guide to get things running for your bean filled adventures.

bohemia interactivedayzzombiesurvivalmodarma 2

fpot
Posted 01:49pm 07/8/12
I wonder how many are cheats.
casa
Posted 01:55pm 07/8/12
I wonder how many of them have paid money for a buggy alpha mod for a s***** video game.
XaartaX
Posted 01:58pm 07/8/12
I found Arma2 fun. Certainly worth the $20ish.
greazy
Posted 01:59pm 07/8/12
None. The mod is free.
fpot
Posted 02:00pm 07/8/12
Arma2 is a f*****g awesome game full of content for only $30 and was even cheaper during the Steam sale.
defi
Posted 02:19pm 07/8/12
While I love the idea, and have watched a fair few videos on it. I cant bring myself to play it when it looks so ugly and the user interface seems so unco.

Perhaps when they will release a stand alone I will get involved, but with the success this has had, surely a clone with a few improved features cant be that far away.
Posted 03:09pm 07/8/12
Yeah, having just watched videos of it, the user interface looks EXTREMELY unco and unintuitive, I often have nfi what the hell people are doing when they have their inventory (I think its their inventory?) open.

I'm a bit the same, I enjoy watching some of the videos of it, and the whole idea of making the world and then letting people just run off and do whatever the hell they want and see what gameplay emerges is interesting from an experimental point of view, but I don't think I'd really enjoy playing it.
Eorl
Posted 03:40pm 07/8/12
Once you get used to how the system works its actually quite simplistic and easy to understand. The game can actually look amazing with either very high details or certain mods, however to get those specs you'll need quite a taxing machine.
fpot
Posted 03:44pm 07/8/12
An SSD works wonders for Arma2. It really is a silver bullet for getting it to run well. Also the latest version supports FXAA (or whatever it's called) which also frees up a whole bunch-o-frames.

The interface is objectively bad in Arma2, and also completely broken. Things like guns disappearing if you try and put them in a backpack without enough slots is infuriating.

DayZ is on hold till it is a more polished product for me. Nothing breaks a game like rampant cheating. For now if I need an Arma fix I just open up vanilla and f*** around in the editor. God I love that mission editor.
Superform
Posted 04:38pm 07/8/12

this.. i have come close to buying it cause the concept looks cool.. but i cant bring myself to pay 20 bux on a s***** engine to run it..

+ hearing of the hackers.. = stay away for me
fpot
Posted 04:57pm 07/8/12
+ hearing of the hackers.. = stay away for me
Says the guy who posts videos of himself playing WoT with hacks active.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 11:07pm 07/8/12
The engine is quite pretty, very scalable and I find incredibly capable of concepts like this mod and much more, sure the models aren't 'hi poly' at all, but when you consider everything around you, it's quite functional, and I don't know of another (current) engine that could manage what ARMA's does.

It's biggest flaw, is it's input API's and overall UI.
If ARMA3 looks IDENTICAL, I simply ask that they fix the s***eful input problems, and improve their methods for 'contextual action key' input. It 'works' as it is, and in reality I don't think it would take that much more work to really polish up.
Superform
Posted 07:15am 08/8/12
Says the guy who posts videos of himself playing WoT with hacks active.
its an approved mod.. its not like i was gathering all the players in 1 spot to nuke them..
Rdizz
Posted 08:13am 08/8/12
man im also tempted after watching a few videos but yeah it just needs to be a bit more polished.. i need something else to play instead of bf3 all the time.
natslovR
Posted 11:09am 08/8/12
Rdizz, make the jump. It is far more fun than BF3 and I spent many hours playing that.
Rdizz
Posted 04:17pm 08/8/12
are there many european servers?? i cant really join an au game from here..