18 years after the conclusion of Shenmue II, Yu Suzuki returns with the long-awaited crowdfunded sequel - decades in the making.
Shenmue III Review - Party Like its 1999
We sit down with Hearthstone’s Lead Designer Dean Ayala and Producer Melissa Corning to discuss the new dragon-themed set, the new Auto Chess inspired Battlegrounds, and more.
Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons - Blizzard on the New Expansion
We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
Post by IVY_MiKe @ 04:31am 13/07/12 | 348 Comments
So we all knew it was coming; some (I know I did) didn't think it would happen, but Valve have decided to "cheapen IP's" again, and I know my wallet will cop another battering, Steam sales style!

Check out the full list of games on sale over on the Steam home page, but there's a few stand outs:

Portal 2: USD$5 (75%)
Shogun 2: USD$12.49 (75%)
Crysis 2 (Maximum Edition): USD$19.99 (50%)

Max Payne 3 is edging closer to tempting at USD$60.29 (33%) but I think that'll get cheaper before this sale is done.

The interesting addition this year looks to mimic GOG's recent sale where they leave it to a 'crowd vote' to see what comes up on sale next. Interesting stuff.

The sale is from now until the 22nd (which usually means the morning of the 23rd for us here in Australia. promoted/edited forum item

steamsalevalve

ctd
Posted 04:45am 13/7/12
No games really interest me from the big names. If anyone sees a neato indie game please post here.

dota2 is all you need.
ctd
Posted 05:00am 13/7/12
BTW - Yay for PC Gaming. Smashing it with steam.
Posted 08:16am 13/7/12
Careful on buying immediately, it will usually become cheaper by the end of the sale.
Alex
Posted 08:27am 13/7/12
So, does anyone else know why we can't see the Bethesda pack?? I mean, that is the one thing i REALLY wanted out of all this
kettels
Posted 09:06am 13/7/12
refusing to buy regional priced games is going to save me from becoming broke. Also only buy the daily sales, the others might become cheaper as a daily sale later on.
Posted 09:21am 13/7/12
No fun achievement thingies this time round?
kettels
Posted 09:30am 13/7/12
there are badges, just add /badges after your steam community page name to see it. e.g http://steamcommunity.com/id/kettels/badges
Posted 09:30am 13/7/12
Yeah, f*** those region price hike games. Im waiting for some quality cheap indie games and ARMA 2 so i can finally get DayZ. Also half life 1 for that cry of fear mod.
Posted 09:39am 13/7/12
Well Arma 2: Combined Operations is $23 at the moment, but definitely wait until it comes on as a daily deal.
Posted 09:44am 13/7/12
wait until it comes on as a daily deal.

Exactly. Im no steam sale noob.
Beanith
Posted 09:45am 13/7/12
It was as if millions of credit cards cried out and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
Posted 09:47am 13/7/12
So what's the idea behind badges?
Twisted
Posted 10:05am 13/7/12
Mmmm....Shogun 2....will be buying. Though WTF is with all those s***** DLC packs ffs...
Posted 10:05am 13/7/12
Whelp, just bought Shogun 2 Complete Pack for $19, was going to buy SEGA and Paradox pack but noticed I have a majority of Paradox and SEGA doesn't interest me besides Shogun 2.

The badges are just fluff I think, the only one you have to actually spend money for is the unlock for buying a game in the sale.
Posted 10:39am 13/7/12
they've also got flash sales (only last a few hours) for certain games.
dais
Posted 11:05am 13/7/12
Bought two copies of Portal 2 for $8.74. Bargain!
Crakaveli
Posted 11:53am 13/7/12
link
slamma
Posted 01:02pm 13/7/12

Gold
Posted 01:10pm 13/7/12
Reddit have compiled a list of other bargains not shown, IE you have to find them. Taken from reddit:

Posted 01:15pm 13/7/12
Saint's Row 3 is $15 for the next 3 hours, good chance to grab it if you haven't already, its awesome fun.
Posted 01:19pm 13/7/12
yeah that was the first game voted for by the community.

Dazhel
Posted 01:43pm 13/7/12
Bought two copies of Portal 2 for $8.74. Bargain!

You get both the blue portal and the orange portal in the same copy y'know. :P
DLC hasn't gone that extreme. (yet!)
dais
Posted 02:28pm 13/7/12
One's for my brother.
kos
Posted 06:43pm 13/7/12
More compact version of d^'s list above:
Alien Shooter and Zombie Shooter series-75%
World of Goo-75%
Xotic-75%
Your Doodles are Bugged!-75%
Zeno Clash-70%
Zero Gear-75%
Zombie Driver-75%

And just a Reminder that Dark Messiah Might And Magic is also included in the Daily Deals
Posted 06:14pm 13/7/12
Hrm, was expecting something more compelling from Terraria, maybe I'm playing it wrong. Interacting with and harvesting from the 2d world is the opposite of fun.
Posted 06:30pm 13/7/12
I was the same initially nerf. Thought i was like minecraft and endlessly mined without knowing what to do. There is an order you should do things. IIRC get tools made from copper, then silver, then gold then work your way to the first boss and so on. I still prefer 3D world but i enjoyed the combat focussed world on terraria once i realised what had to be done. Check out the wiki.
Posted 06:42pm 13/7/12
Yeah I'll definitely have another look at it, was just a quick look for now but will be sure to make sure that that ~$2.50 doesn't go to waste. ;)
Posted 06:58pm 13/7/12
lol, i probably have $100+ of games ive spent less than 5mins on. I buy em when cheap with the idea that ill play them one day.
fpot
Posted 07:10pm 13/7/12
I paid $70 for Duke Nukem Forever :(
ctd
Posted 07:32pm 13/7/12
farkkkk bl fpot. I paid £12 and still didn't bother downloading it.
Posted 08:13pm 13/7/12
Lol fpot, bl dude.
Posted 09:20pm 13/7/12
Trauma
Posted 04:11am 14/7/12
Lame, Max Payne 3 on sale now with 50% off... still cheaper to get it through OzGameShop. Really need some fair pricing on Steam AU.
Posted 04:52am 14/7/12
Everybody should get From Dust if they haven't.

God I have so many unplayed triple A games, really don't need more.
Mosfx
Posted 08:22am 14/7/12
My Steam account has about 130 games, of which I've played around half and of that I've probably played about 10 games for more then 30 minutes! It so hard to resist when you have a game for $10 that shops sell for $80.
BladeRunner
Posted 08:33am 14/7/12
what Im getting
groganus
Posted 08:44am 14/7/12
i spent about $50 yesterday and $30 today so far, ill probably spend that every day till the end of the sale. mostly on indie titles and exceptionally cheap must haves.

Steam games list sitting at 107 as of today.
Posted 08:55am 14/7/12
i haven't bought anything yet. max payne 3 at $45 is tempting though.
Posted 09:11am 14/7/12
Going to hold off on Max Payne 3, I reckon it might go further than 50%
Viper119
Posted 09:43am 14/7/12
Man Max Payne 3 is £14, bargain!
Mordecai
Posted 09:53am 14/7/12
Going to wait until the final day and buy up then unless something I want is an absolute bargain.
Posted 10:04am 14/7/12
I've been picking up the super bargains, so far bought Trine 2 @ 3.74, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic @ 2.50 and From Dust @ 3.74. Nothing else really catches my fancy yet.
oo7_war
Posted 11:05am 14/7/12
steam list metro at $14 - was $20
green man gaming list it at $5 (on special)
steam list metro for pickup your next sale for 75% off
looks like you are the loser if you buy metro NOW via steam....
IVY_MiKe
Posted 02:24pm 14/7/12
Viper I don't suppose you feel like gifting me a copy of Max Payne 3 do ya?
(Happy to send ya 14GBP...)
coz it's $45AUD :\
skythra
Posted 02:35pm 14/7/12
Viper I don't suppose you feel like gifting me a copy of Max Payne 3 do ya?(Happy to send ya 14GBP...)coz it's $45AUD :\

Isn't it 45 aud with like 5 other games?

Nevermind it Includes 4 items: Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3 for $79.99USD tha's why i didn't get it. But LA Noire was only like $7.50USD so i got it by itself.
Posted 02:34pm 14/7/12
nope, the rockstar bundle is $80.
skythra
Posted 02:37pm 14/7/12
Trauma
Posted 02:47pm 14/7/12
Do you know if the packs stay the same for the whole time? I want to get that sega hit collection (mostly for having a 72 game addition to my library fr only 50 dollars) but i want to get it after payday. (i smashed a window to break into a house so that was a couple of hundred dollars to fix.. all because i locked my keys in.)

It says how long they are valid for.
Posted 02:48pm 14/7/12
i think the bundles stay the same price for the whole sale.
skythra
Posted 02:56pm 14/7/12
Awesome :D
darkjedi
Posted 04:08pm 14/7/12
Unless it's a daily/flash deal or at 75% off, wait until the last day!

Also can't go past $1.50 for this gem.

last edited by darkjedi at 16:08:57 14/Jul/12
IVY_MiKe
Posted 06:21pm 14/7/12
*SOMETIMES* the bundles go on sale, but not often.
Raider
Posted 07:27pm 14/7/12
dunno if i should buy the whole might and magic bundle.. s*** was so good when i was younger and i'm really struggling with todays games.. they're F*****G BORING.
Vash
Posted 07:29pm 14/7/12
Raider, its not the games, its cos we can't enjoy games like we used to.. sucks getting older.
Raider
Posted 07:36pm 14/7/12
No just these days games reward useless s***, f*** you get a reward for just starting the game for the first time. It's the current generation, they want a pat on the back for anything they do and games companies play to that to make money.

That and there's just endless repetitions which are getting worse... look @ CoD... MW = awesome, since then.. worse and worse. Most game companies are just whoring themselves out.

Latest example i got is D2 > D3... D3 is just a fkn money grab for blizzard lol
Posted 07:42pm 14/7/12
Also can't go past $1.50 for this gem.last edited by darkjedi at 16:08:57 14/Jul/12

Lol, bought that during my first xmas steam sale 2 or 3 years ago. 6 mins logged so far. One of the many games i need to go back to.
TufNuT
Posted 08:16pm 14/7/12
my purchases for today..

link
Viper119
Posted 08:18pm 14/7/12
Hard to resist buying loads of games, I picked up these:

Commandos Pack 2.99 GBP
Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity 6.49 GBP
Max Payne 3 (ROW) 14.99 GBP
Wargame: European Escalation 17.99 GBP
Jagged Alliance Back in Action 14.99 GBP
Anno 2070 14.99 GBP
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two 6.99 GBP
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day One 6.99 GBP

Seems like the UK pricing is a lot cheaper the the Aus?

@Ivy_Mike Sure dude, happy to, PM me your email or steam user account thing. I assume it lets you gift copies regardless of region.

Doesn't look like many new sales today. So is From Dust worth getting? I'd also add Tribes Ascend is awesome so pick that up while its cheap.
TufNuT
Posted 08:20pm 14/7/12
Viper119, i got Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity about a month ago, awesome game. well worth buying.
Viper119
Posted 05:06am 15/7/12
The reddit pages for the sales are pretty good:

Day 1

Day 2

Edit: Removed Day3.
Raider
Posted 10:58pm 14/7/12
gone back to my inner nerd and bought Magic: The Gathering - Duels of Planeswalkers ... so much fun thus far for $10

last edited by Raider at 22:58:56 14/Jul/12
darkjedi
Posted 11:08pm 14/7/12
Err, the Day 3 post is last year's sale?
Posted 11:39pm 14/7/12
Jagged Alliance Back in Action 14.99

Lol, this might have been a mistake. I got a torrent version to try and the AI is pretty buggy. Enemy seems to see and hear you when they shouldnt and you also have to make an active effort to prevent your team mates from shooting each other.
Boxhead
Posted 09:51am 15/7/12
Buy SEGA Hit Collection
71 titles! Holy s***.. For 50bucks... All of the shogun, total war etc.. plus sonic! Virtua fighter, wonderboy!
Posted 09:56am 15/7/12
skyrim is at $45 with 50% off.

should i buy witcher 2 @ $20? its a flash sale so it ends in 5 hours.

i bought the first game a while ago but i haven't played it yet. i've heard the sequel is much better.
Posted 10:03am 15/7/12
Wondered about the Witcher 2 also, I think wait until it becomes a daily deal (if it does). Was really wondering about Max Payne 3, might hold off.
Bromby
Posted 10:08am 15/7/12
Yeah is Max Payne 3 worth the coin? I don't know too much about it, anyone help me make an informed choice?
The GuVna
Posted 10:14am 15/7/12
Tempted to buy DiRT Showdown, even though it's not really a "DiRT" game, just a spin off & some silly game modes, but it's probably at it's proper price at $25. Should be fun multiplayer

& if DiRT 3 hit's the sale, I highly recommend it, especially for multiplayer
Posted 10:16am 15/7/12
Highly suggest indie game Frozen Synapse. For $5 you get two copies and can also grab the DLC for $2 IIRC which adds more gameplay options and coop campaign. Its difficult to explain the game but you basically command a bunch of military units on a top down map and plan 5 seconds of gameplay at a time while your opponent does the same. You then finish your turn and the 5 seconds plays out and then you plan the next 5 seconds. Good variety of game modes and units and while the game is easy to pick up, its very difficult to master.
step
Posted 10:43am 15/7/12
While I did enjoy the first play through, I don't feel it's worth near $50.
Bromby
Posted 12:51pm 15/7/12
Cheers step, I'll give it a miss. I haven't been a big fan of the earlier titles either so I couldn't really justify the $50 without a bit of encouragement
Dazhel
Posted 01:24pm 15/7/12
Yeah must be getting harder and harder to make a AAA title when the traditional $50-$90 range is much less attractive than it used to be. There's so many awesome PC indie, iOS & Android titles out there from $20 right down to a dollar.
Posted 01:34pm 15/7/12

Agreed. I rate games on value for money according to cost per hour played. IE buy a game for $5 and play 5 hours = $1/hr. Indie games often give me the best value for money and the least disappointment. I can spend less than $5 and often get a few hours of unique entertainment. Last big release i paid a significant amount for was BF3 which was approx $30 for what was a few hours of crappy, buggy gameplay compared to something like HON that cost the same price and gave me what i assume was hundreds of hours of quality gameplay. Now DOTA 2 ive nearly clocked 300 hours so far and its free. Im not against AAA titles, but refuse to pay top dollar and instead wait til i get them cheap on a steam.
Posted 01:44pm 15/7/12
That is the best thing about the indie packs, you are more then likely going to get your worth of time from how much you spend. I bought the indie pack 1 for my girlfriend and she has been playing The Baconing for nearly 10 hours already and loves it.
skythra
Posted 03:26pm 15/7/12
Batman flash sale:
Items included in this bundle

Batman: Arkham City
Gotham City Impostors Unlock: XP Boost - Team
Gotham City Impostors Unlock: Calling Card Pack 6
Gotham City Impostors: Steamy Punk Pack
Gotham City Impostors Unlock: Premium Card Pack 3
Gotham City Impostors: Mega XP Boost - Solo

All for 24.95 USD

Edit: of course i assume most of you guys already have the two games, but I don't, i played the first on a now RROD'd xbox and was waiting for a deal for the second ;)

Edit2: yeah i also judge a game by that, but from that stance, 80 dollars on diablo3 has gained me 250 hours of gameplay, 100 dollars on starcraft 2 gained me over 300 hours of gameplay, and both count as socialising because f*** playing alone :s
Posted 05:04pm 15/7/12
Again people, dont forget Frozen Synapse on daily deal. Only $7 to get the complete version with DLC that gives you two copies of the game for awesome versus or coop play with a mate. Also read it got PC Gamer's strategy GOTY which is a pretty big claim for such a small indie game.

Game:

DLC:
Posted 05:15pm 15/7/12
Keep an eye out for Just Cause 2. Multiplayer beta is nearly released from here:

I havent been following it but a mate has and says they will have Aus server hosting for all types of online f*****g about.
fpot
Posted 05:20pm 15/7/12
Buying the s*** out of the Batman pack.
fpot
Posted 05:56pm 15/7/12
Is everyone's games downloading okay? I just bought the Batman pack and it did that thing where it says "caching game file" or "preparing files for installation" and the progress bar hit full and then hung for about 15 minutes. I hit cancel and restarted steam and the games don't seem to want to download. Is this because Steam is getting hammered or did I break it by cancelling that first step too early? If so how do I restart the whole process?

edit: seems to be working now. Just changed content servers.
Posted 06:05pm 15/7/12
Yeah the Steam servers are getting hit pretty hard I think. Currently LA Noire is on sale again, and it is actually cheaper to buy the game and the DLC seperate, turns out cheaper. Recommend it though for anyone interested, great game for $3, basically GTA but detective style.
Tanaka Khan
Posted 06:18pm 15/7/12
I found earlier checking out the steam store was slow but once I started downloading I was getting 3-4mbs
Posted 06:22pm 15/7/12
Man my wallet / credit card is getting hammered, the flash deals keep me checking the site and the once every 8 hours and then the daily deals.
Posted 06:50pm 15/7/12
LA noire for <$4 is a steal IMO. Even with the capped framerate its still enjoyable. I remember good game talking about having a permanent 'suss face' when playing the game and i totally understand now.

Yeah, the community choice and flash sales are a good improvement i think. It does mean you are constantly checking the page and more likely to make impulse purchases on the flash sales that may not be a wise choice.
TufNuT
Posted 07:02pm 15/7/12
LA noire for <$4 is a steal IMO.

yep. just bought it.
Tanaka Khan
Posted 07:13pm 15/7/12
LA noire for <$4 is a steal IMO.

yep. just bought it.

Same
Posted 08:15pm 15/7/12
i still haven't bought anything. was thinking of getting la noire but i know i wont end up playing it.
Posted 08:18pm 15/7/12

It really is a unique game bro. Im more of a FPS fanboi with very few other games that i play often however i really ejoyed LA Noire. Most of the game is questioning/interrogating people but i found it highly addictive as i tried to decide if they were truthful, hiding something, or lieing (for which you have to prove so using notes automatically made by the game). One of the few games that really made me focus and think to win.
Posted 08:43pm 15/7/12
The community pick and flash sales are definitely giving us a taste of their Greenlight project and hopefully they keep them around past the end of this Summer sale.
TufNuT
Posted 10:04pm 15/7/12

LA Noire - 128kb/s
Alan Wake - 34kb/s
Warhammer 40k Space Marine 128kb/s

/wrists
darkjedi
Posted 10:35pm 15/7/12
Picked up the Harley Quinn DLC for AC earlier on, figured $3.39 is a damn steal for a few hours more single player Batman goodness. Also been playing the hell out of Binding of Isaac after grabbing it's DLC for next to nix. That's on top of grabbing the Islam DLC for Crusader Kings 2 on the first day along with the Terraria 4-pack.

Steam Sales are best sales.

Posted 10:37pm 15/7/12
LA Noire - 128kb/s
Alan Wake - 34kb/s
Warhammer 40k Space Marine 128kb/s

/wrists

I'm just trying to download the LA Noire DLC and it's going a measly 120kb/s.
darkjedi
Posted 10:54pm 15/7/12
Welcome to my world. Trying to grab stuff on MBB is goddamn painful (Read: thank god I've got a laptop and can use alternative internet connections)
Posted 01:33am 16/7/12
Yeah, I still haven't bought anything yet either, hasn't really been anything super cheap that I wanted or don't already own :(

Was hoping Metro 2033 would go up as the community vote a few days ago, but Bioshock 2 beat it, wtf. Would have bought Quantum Connundrum if it was voted the community deal as well, but it got outvoted by Legend of Grimrock which is extra retarded since that was already on as one of the daily deals.
Lithium
Posted 01:42am 16/7/12
I havn't felt compelled to buy anything the last couple of steam sales. The last thing I got was Company of heroes pack for around $5 about 18 months ago... :(
Posted 08:25am 16/7/12

what's really annoying is people are making threads on the steam forums saying what games to vote for.
Posted 08:36am 16/7/12
ohh walking dead is $15. will grab that.
groganus
Posted 09:28am 16/7/12
Yeah was pretty s***** Quantum Connundrum didn't get voted, that seemed like the logical choice.

Either way I've been sticking to my tradition of spending about $50 a day on games, thank you flash sales.

The indie bundle each day has been good value as well, just wish I could gift some of the double ups.
Posted 09:47am 16/7/12
I'm sure every game that has been available to choose for the community choice will become a daily deal, as we've seen already from Grimrock (which is an amazing game btw). Currently Bastion is up and I recommend that to anyone, it is a great top-down platformer and has a gorgeous setting.

My question, is The Walking Dead series any good? The TV series was extremely boring for me, so not sure if this game would be at all interesting.
Raven
Posted 09:58am 16/7/12
If you manage to get LA Noire on PC actually working (ie, input controls immediately go non-responsive and you have to exit the game), let me know how you manage it.
I bought it and have been unable to play it because of this bug :(
Posted 10:37am 16/7/12
Works fine over here, haven't had to change anything besides graphics settings. Maybe try running "verify integrity of game cache", usually fixes any problems.
TufNuT
Posted 10:38am 16/7/12
Orcs must die for 4buks.. a must buy!
Enska
Posted 10:46am 16/7/12
whats Serious Sam 3 like? worth the 10?
Posted 11:15am 16/7/12
Hoping Just Cause 2 wins the Community Choice, have yet to pick it up and with the multiplayer mod coming out soon it will be even more worth the cheap price.
Posted 11:30am 16/7/12
Voted for it just for you eorl. If it wins ill take ur RBJ pls. Thx.
Posted 11:49am 16/7/12
i voted for jc2 as well. not sure if i'll buy it though.
Posted 11:54am 16/7/12
Also voted for JC2, hoping they make it the franchise.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 01:41pm 16/7/12
rav, JC2 is a s***ton of fun.

If it comes in at sub $10AUD jump on it. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and the game world is a lot of fun to tool around in.
It will be made a significant portion better once the JC2-MP mod launches, but it's a reasonable game on it's own (ESP. at <$10)
Mordecai
Posted 01:48pm 16/7/12
Also voted for JC2. $5 would make it a must buy it right now game.
Posted 02:20pm 16/7/12
$5 would make it a must buy it right now game.

Yeah. Ive snapped up so many $5 bargains over time thanks to steam. Games that i didnt feel deserved to be bought at a more expensive price but are a total bargain @ $5.
Trauma
Posted 02:55pm 16/7/12
I also voted JC2, but honestly it's worth the regular $20 price.
Basket
Posted 03:01pm 16/7/12
Bastion thoughts guys? for 3.75 looks good!
Posted 04:16pm 16/7/12
Bastion is a must buy.
Posted 04:40pm 16/7/12
WTF is deadspace and why did anybody vote for it.

In other news, this flash sale and voting system is amazingly addictive. Bought so much this sale, maybe $15 worth. :/
Mantorok
Posted 04:45pm 16/7/12
Bastion thoughts guys? for 3.75 looks good!
Buy it and the soundtrack.
Raider
Posted 04:51pm 16/7/12
I bought bastion and played it for like 3hrs just then... fkn cool little game i really really really love how they tell the story as you go
Posted 05:16pm 16/7/12
Dead Space 2 won. I am sad.
Posted 05:23pm 16/7/12
WTF is deadspace and why did anybody vote for it.

Because its awesome.

But yeah, I would have preferred Just Cause 2 won, but thats because I already have Dead Space and Dead Space 2.
Posted 05:47pm 16/7/12
just cause 2 will probably be a daily special if it hasn't been already.

edit: bah missed out on getting bastion cheap. s***** work.

last edited by ravn0s at 17:47:17 16/Jul/12
do0b
Posted 05:48pm 16/7/12
also played bastion for about 3 hours yesterday, kinda bored of it now tho.. the artwork is nice.
Posted 05:56pm 16/7/12
just picked up walking dead. woot first game purchase!
Posted 06:27pm 16/7/12

Same as me. First few hours was cool but then i had no real urge to go back to it.
Viper119
Posted 10:09pm 16/7/12
Edit: Found the games list.

Bit of a shame on the new Jagged Alliance, JA2 was awesome.

So From Dust and Crusader Kings 2 worth getting?
Posted 10:08pm 16/7/12
I loved From Dust, though as I recall had to change the control scheme to the alternative, which was more Black & Whiteish.
Posted 10:35pm 16/7/12
Bit of a shame on the new Jagged Alliance, JA2 was awesome.

You poor bastard. I called it before.
Viper119
Posted 11:10pm 16/7/12
Yeah I'd already bought it before I saw your post.
Posted 11:12pm 16/7/12
I can't stop buying things, but there's so many good deals, and haven't even broke the cost of a normal single game.

Got to one day find the time play: Amnesia, Alice 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Bioshock 2, Ridd*** Dark Athena, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 NV, GTA IV, Half Life 2 Ep1&2, La Noire, King Arthur, Magicka, the latest 3 total wars, Mirror's Edge, Oddworld 2, Rock of Ages, Force Unleashed, Terraria, Trine, Tropico 3.

Ultimate first world problem here. :|
csirac
Posted 02:13am 17/7/12
They should PAY you to play force unleashed. You sir wasted a few bucks there.
Posted 03:18am 17/7/12
Yeah I discovered that fairly quickly, worst port ever. Wookies kept jumping to their death and I have no idea why (they'd leap at me, and every single one would land, crash, and slide off the bridge in a ragdoll spectaculous).

Going to try to power through it at some stage though, I've unfortunately watched the cutscenes on youtube and so don't even have story to make it good.. Not that the story is good, my god it's horrible.
Posted 08:19am 17/7/12
Metro 2033 and Red Faction Guerrilla people, get em.
TufNuT
Posted 09:13am 17/7/12
DeadlyDav0 i just got red faction with 2 mins to spare, is Metro 2033 worth it? i have been thinking about getting for a while now but have had mixed reviews.

last edited by TufNuT at 09:13:25 17/Jul/12
Posted 09:26am 17/7/12
I bought metro 2033 for $5 and got 13 hrs of unique gameplay from singleplayer. Thats a bargain IMO. I would rate it 8/10. Its a slower paced FPS somewhat similar to stalker but pretty linear, where ammo is scarce. I played it on hardest difficulty and the restricted HUD mode (ranger or something) and it was awesome.

Pick 1 or 2 vid reviews from here if you wanna know more but i think its well worth it on sale.
Posted 09:27am 17/7/12
If you haven't yet played Amnesia: The Dark Descent and feel like scaring the skin off you, do get it. Great horror game and very well polished indie title. Also Metro 2033 is well recommended. The Mount & Blade series is still up for sale from yesterday if you haven't grabbed that already, probably the best medieval game ever, and hilariously awesome combat.
Posted 09:31am 17/7/12
Mirror's Edge $2.50, get it if you haven't played it. It's a game which broke out from the norm and wasn't too bad.

AoE III Complete pack is also a must buy at $9.99.

The F.E.A.R. collection is also great value for money if you never played or own any of them, highly recommend ($9.99).
Posted 09:32am 17/7/12
Yeah, mirrors edge for $2.50 is great. Even @ $5 i loved it. FPS parkour!
skythra
Posted 09:37am 17/7/12
WTF is deadspace and why did anybody vote for i
1) Because it's awesome, 2) because i owned the other two.

Seriously, how do you not own the other two that were on that vote list.
Posted 09:39am 17/7/12
God damn you people and your recommendations, basically every single game is awesome and I'm getting them all.

Also
hGM26.jpg
Reverend Evil
Posted 09:47am 17/7/12
I bought Serious Sam 3 for $10 which was awesome. Just had a go before and the mouse look is twitchy as hell. I've even set the mouse sensitivity to zero and it still moves like it's set to max. Extremely annoying. Hmm
Posted 09:48am 17/7/12
Don't get Dear Esther. Unless you like purely story based gameplay then you may not enjoy it. Best to watch someone else play it on YouTube.
Raven
Posted 09:50am 17/7/12
lol, Rage is 66% off, which makes it just over USD30, but I'm pretty sure it's not even worth that much :(

I wish I had bought Assassins Creed Revelations at the current discount price.
Actually, I wish I just hadn't bought it. AC2 was fantastic, but the rest of the AC games? meh.
skythra
Posted 09:51am 17/7/12
If you haven't played any Assassins creed, now is the time to buy all the games for about 35 dollars.
TufNuT
Posted 09:57am 17/7/12
thanks DeadlyDav0, i picked up Metro 2033.
Posted 10:03am 17/7/12
I wish I had bought Assassins Creed Revelations at the current discount price.

Yeah, AC1 was pretty cool, mostly for the tech and scenery, AC2 was pretty fantastic, AC Brotherhood felt like a cash in.
Raven
Posted 10:06am 17/7/12

Waste of money really.
Buy the second one. Forget about the others.
The controls/interface in AC1 wasn't refined enough.
Brotherhood introduced bombs and s*** that just made the game too complicated, and they tweaked the UI/controls such that it wasn't quite as fluid.
Revelations just became way too contrived with ziplines and having to run back and forth. Or was that Brotherhood. I dunno. Either way, 2 had a good balance. They changed too much and broke the formula in later ones.

Save your money and buy L.A. Noire instead.
Posted 10:09am 17/7/12

Same issue. I have 1000DPI and max sensitivity and most games i set the in game sensitivity to very low and works just fine. Serious Sam 3 even at zero sensitivity is still super twitchy.

Rage is $10USD which isnt bad IMO but f*** the Aus region markup. Rip off. Pretty decent shooter despite its flaws.

I also highly recommend FEAR 3 (or the collection if you havent played FEAR 1+2) and Amnesia. FEAR 3 is probably the best SP FPS ive played in a while. Not nearly as scary as its predecessors but still good fun.

Hitman Blood Money from yesterday is also a steal @ $2.50

No probs tufnut.
Dazhel
Posted 10:25am 17/7/12
lol @ the sale is over when I hate myself
so true

Mate from work alerted me to this retro gem that I'd missed:
Gravitron 2 http://store.steampowered.com/app/21300/
Posted 10:26am 17/7/12
Probably better off buying Borderlands instead of Rage, you get 4 player co-op and less graphical issues.
Posted 10:26am 17/7/12
gah why is RAGE still so damn expensive even with 66% off?

i would have snapped it up if it was $10 or so.
Posted 11:13am 17/7/12
I know right, rip off.

Edit: Bought KOTOR, curious as to why #2 isn't on Steam?
Posted 02:00pm 17/7/12
What are people's opinion on The Walking Dead series? With recent comments of it being quite an interesting and well developed game, it has piqued my interest. I haven't watched the TV series as I find it extremely boring, and haven't had a chance to view the comic. Not having read or seen any previous material, is the context a waste on me?
Creepy
Posted 02:23pm 17/7/12
Caved in and paid $9.99 for RAGE. If it's no good, at least it won't make me sad.
Zapo
Posted 02:32pm 17/7/12
I loved The Walking Dead Game. I would highly highly recommend it. I have tried to convince some of my gaming friends to buy it but no one listens :( BOO!
Posted 02:33pm 17/7/12
The Walking Dead game is awesome Eorl, it doesn't really have anything to do with the tv series, and you don't have had to read the comic to understand whats going on because it (mostly) follows new characters they've made up for the game. Its an adventure game thats more about exploration and conversations and moral choices and stuff like that, so don't go in expecting Resident Evil style survival horror or something, but its fantastic imo.
Posted 02:51pm 17/7/12
Thanks for the recommendations, went and purchased it then. So far I have now spent $109.38, though some of that will be recouped when friends pay me back.

7H4Eg.jpg
Posted 02:53pm 17/7/12
I have spent way too much, and the sale isn't even half way right?
Posted 03:03pm 17/7/12
what's the game that's not available in our region in the flash sales section?
The GuVna
Posted 03:09pm 17/7/12
What's the co-op like in Rage, & the game itself, is the game worth the price?
dazzalus
Posted 03:24pm 17/7/12
what's the game that's not available in our region in the flash sales section?

Looks like Dungeon Siege 3 for 4.99

glynd
Posted 03:34pm 17/7/12
What's the co-op like in Rage, & the game itself, is the game worth the price?

if you go in expecting a straight forward shooter, you'll enjoy it. if you're expecting something that brings new things to the table and an amazing storyline, don't bother. Despite it's horrid launch, I really enjoyed it.

never got around to the multiplayer though.
Trauma
Posted 03:39pm 17/7/12
The Men of War Collector Pack is a steal right now at $12.49, 75% off the already discounted price for being a bundle. Includes all Men of War titles and DLC packs, well worth getting imo. I've got 160 hours and counting on Men of War Assault Squad alone.

You don't get extra keys for any of the titles you already own, I have about half of it already but buying the pack was cheaper than getting the parts I don't have separately.
Posted 03:39pm 17/7/12
Awww you shouldn't have bought Left 4 Dead 2 off australian Steam, its the gay censored version.

I've only bought 3 things so far, so the damage isn't too bad, got Bastion, Metro 2033 and the Darkness 2
Posted 03:46pm 17/7/12
Yeah noticed that after I bought it, but luckily Left4Uncut still works perfectly fine and doesn't ban you or anything.
Dazhel
Posted 03:59pm 17/7/12
gah why is RAGE still so damn expensive even with 66% off? i would have snapped it up if it was $10 or so.

Bit of shenanigans going on here. We're seeing a tad over AUD $30 down from AUD $90 in the sale in Australia, but that's still much higher than the USD $18 pre-sale price from the US region according to http://www.ausgamers.com/games/rage/buy/
Posted 03:59pm 17/7/12
What's the co-op like in Rage, & the game itself, is the game worth the price?

As somebody said, just expect a decent shooter. Its got some arcade style racing and vehicles with weapons (machine guns, rockets etc) to break stuff up but thats pretty meh. I really enjoyed the shooting aspects as it had been a while since a decent FPS solo campaign. Story wise i dont follow so dunno about that but i enjoyed the weapons, enjoyed the enemies and thoroughly enjoyed it. Visuals are a little buggy with things popping in and out and the like but patches may have fixed this since release. Dunno anything about coop though.

For $10 i think its worth it.

Dungeon siege 3 is s***house. I loved 1+2 but 3 was terribad. S*** controls, bad graphics, lame heroes, boring combat. I wanted to like it so bad but couldnt.
Posted 04:35pm 17/7/12
lol @ skyrim being community choice. Wasnt it already on daily deal? Im please COD MW3 was last. And Mirrors edge $2.50 top seller, woot, 25mins left to grab it. Awesome first person POV freerunning game.
Posted 05:00pm 17/7/12
I really disliked Mirror's Edge, but I'm willing to admit I'm probably in the minority
Posted 05:20pm 17/7/12

It was pretty much just run and jump and avoiding fights but i always wanted assassins creed in first person so i really enjoyed mirrors edge.
Posted 05:42pm 17/7/12
Crysis Complete or Dungeon Siege Complete (which is missing that Legends of Aranna expansion?)
Posted 06:25pm 17/7/12
just finished ep1 of walking dead. i really enjoyed it.

edit: looks like dungeon siege is now available in our region.

also is crysis 2 worth $12?

last edited by ravn0s at 18:25:50 17/Jul/12
taggs
Posted 06:29pm 17/7/12
have bought amnesia and AOE3 so far.

hope the new sins of solar empire goes on sale and i dont miss it.
Mordecai
Posted 06:37pm 17/7/12
What's the co-op like in Rage, & the game itself, is the game worth the price?

The co-op is set missions set outside the main game. You are replaying "history" of the Rage world. They are pretty short and don't really have much re-playability though.
Basket
Posted 06:42pm 17/7/12
crysis 2 is disgusting dont even bother
Posted 06:45pm 17/7/12
I know right, rip off.Edit: Bought KOTOR, curious as to why #2 isn't on Steam?

I read that #2 was too buggy, though may be coming out in a steam pack today or tomorrow, somewhere or other.

KotOR 1 was much much better though imo, only because #2 wasn't really finished and wasn't entirely coherent.
Basket
Posted 07:00pm 17/7/12
ha I played KOTOR about 3 years ago, Was still out-dated then but had a ball, Must of got about 45+ hours in FUN AS F***!
Posted 07:02pm 17/7/12
crysis 2 is disgusting dont even bother

Completely disagree. I found it thoroughly enjoyable and a solid shooter. I play shooters solely for the gameplay and had good fun. Certainly not a perfect game but i enjoyed it about as much as i did rage, fear, dead space 2 and other solid shooters. Multiplayer was pathetic and filled with hackers and 400ping f***wits but singleplayer was great and i finished it once on hardest difficulty. For $12 i would high recommend it if you like FPS.
Posted 07:27pm 17/7/12

I think in 03 I came back from schoolies with my first time off in ages, and finished it two or three times straight up in a row before emerging into civilization again. O_o
dranged
Posted 08:06pm 17/7/12
What the f***. Left 4 Dead 2 has all this nanny state anti gore censorship. No patch exists for the Mac it seems.. :(
groganus
Posted 08:11pm 17/7/12
Yeah, you have todo the usa vpn trick. I bought the aus version when it came out, sent a request to steam to delete the game off my list, then did the vpn trick.

Ended up paying for 2 copies, but what evs, i gots gore.
mental
Posted 08:20pm 17/7/12
I'm with Dave, not a perfect game, but singleplayer, though short and pretty linear, was pretty fun, worth the $12 fun anyway.
dranged
Posted 08:23pm 17/7/12
I love paying for crippleware. Oh well, back to the mainstay.
Posted 08:31pm 17/7/12
Caved and bought the Crysis pack. Might I add thank f*** it is tax time soon.
Tanaka Khan
Posted 09:01pm 17/7/12
So I got myself Assassins Creed Revelations from the steam sale and went to play it, only to discover the game installed in Russian... WTF!!!!!!!!!
Dazhel
Posted 09:25pm 17/7/12

Yeah, I didn't really enjoy it either when I gave it a go. It was quite a different sort of FPS though so I could see how it would be polarising. I think it was the first person perspective, if they'd made it third person I might have liked it better but the first person parkour moves felt like someone was d***ing with the camera too often for my liking.
Midda
Posted 09:37pm 17/7/12

Yeah, I sometimes feel like there's something horribly wrong with me for really disliking Mirror's Edge. I don't think it sold very well, so I know I'm not the only one, but reading opinions online make it seem otherwise.
Posted 10:07pm 17/7/12
Mirrors edge - I can totally understand people disliking the first person POV if they prefer 3rd person games. I spent far too much time as a kid playing Quake and UT so first person is what i know and love. Compare that to my console mates who grew up with 3rd person games like zelda and the like. Plus, the game was pretty repetitive and didnt offer my variation to run, jump, run.

Crysis 2 - With regards to being linear, i agree but i did like the option that gave to survey an area and choose whether you wanted to sneak past or go all out guns blazing.
Viper119
Posted 10:27pm 17/7/12
Sooo many bargains!!

Check out http://mt.cheapshark.com/ for a good listing and sort options on Steam and other places.
Creepy
Posted 12:25am 18/7/12
Heads up, for the three or four of you (including me) that didn't buy Arkham City, it might be on sale in about 5 minutes!
Dazhel
Posted 01:30am 18/7/12

That'd be right... it's looks like it's been tweaked to $9.99 while we weren't looking ravnos:
Posted 07:37am 18/7/12
Huh, though Batman was already on sale...
Posted 08:08am 18/7/12
guess lots of people didn't buy batman when it was on sale the day before.
groganus
Posted 09:29am 18/7/12
My purchases, gotta say the indie bundles are well worth it.

Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Six

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack

Psychonauts

Shoot Many Robots

Crysis Maximum Edition Bundle

Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five

The Walking Dead

Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four

L.A. Noire DLC

L.A. Noire

Painkiller Complete Pack - Feb 2012 (RoW)

Sam and Max: Seasons 1-3

Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Posted 09:32am 18/7/12
it's looks like it's been tweaked to $9.99 while we weren't looking ravnos

Its not tweaked for me, still $30 when I click that link

Also, Black Ops on sale for $45, lol roffle
Posted 09:35am 18/7/12
Just bought Shoot Many Robots 4 pack and Krater. Voted for Farcry 2, been wanting to pick that up for awhile so hopefully it wins. I really want Just Cause 2 on sale again, if Batman can why can't JC2?
Posted 09:41am 18/7/12
Far Cry 2 is pretty meh. The first few hours are OK but then you realise the game is super repetitive and a whole lot of filler side missions
Dazhel
Posted 09:47am 18/7/12
Its not tweaked for me, still $30 when I click that link

Yeah I have no idea WTF is going on. It's $30.59 when I'm logged into Steam on the work computer & $9.99 when I'm logged into Steam on the home computer.
The GuVna
Posted 09:55am 18/7/12
GTA IV Complete Edition for $7.50 if you haven;t played GTA IV for some reason. Epic LAN game
Nitro
Posted 10:18am 18/7/12
Picked up company of heroes today.. been meaning to play it for aaaaaages.
glynd
Posted 11:16am 18/7/12
I was tempted to pick up dungeon defenders ... is all the DLC worth it? didn't know whether to just grab the basic package or not.
Midda
Posted 11:23am 18/7/12

I love FPS games, still didn't like Mirror's Edge though.

it's looks like it's been tweaked to $9.99 while we weren't looking ravnos

Rage is only $9.99 on the US store.
Posted 11:24am 18/7/12
I got the standard game a while ago, not interested in the cash grab dlc to be honest, though it costs more to buy all the dlc together than the game + dlc and the problem is I don't gain a spare copy by buying it all again. Have played it for about an hour, not that great in my opinion. It's meant to be good co-op.
Raven
Posted 11:25am 18/7/12
Ah crap, looks like I missed the Batman pack, I thought it was going to be around for a few days :(
It's now back up to $50.
Posted 11:29am 18/7/12
Agree with d^. Dungeon defenders was pretty lame solo. I found it pretty slow paced and difficult to defend against multiple lanes of creeps while solo and using the 3rd person view plus slow movement speed. Coop is meant to be much better.
glynd
Posted 11:45am 18/7/12
cheers, might pass then. was gonna surprise a mate with a copy as well but better off spending it on something better. only during a steam sale does $2.50 have some serious value haha.
Posted 03:12pm 18/7/12
Just Cause 2 is on sale now, heck yes!
Posted 03:25pm 18/7/12
Awwwwww yeah picking it up.

Edit: Flash sale also includes Just Cause 1, DLC is not included with the flash sale.
Trauma
Posted 05:05pm 18/7/12
Also the Black Market DLC packs are fun for Just Cause 2 and only $0.49 atm.
Posted 05:30pm 18/7/12
so should i pick up just cause 2 for $5?
Posted 05:32pm 18/7/12
so should i pick up just cause 2 for $5?

Yes. Similar to GTA with big open world but much more fun and crazy shenanigans to do. I have 32hrs done and thats lots for a SP FPS game.
Posted 05:31pm 18/7/12
so should i pick up just cause 2 for $5?

Definitely, great game that offers a very large sandbox to play in. Bundle this with the multiplayer mod coming out soon and you have yourself a cheap and entertaining game.
Trauma
Posted 05:42pm 18/7/12

Yea I got 45 hours myself, still stuff to do.

Also...

2hpu2d0.gif
Basket
Posted 06:54pm 18/7/12
^ sold
Posted 07:57pm 18/7/12
Never done that move Trauma.
Posted 10:06pm 18/7/12
bought jc2
Basket
Posted 01:40am 19/7/12
bought jc2

all the DLC aswell :P only $2!!!
ctd
Posted 01:48am 19/7/12
Make sure you get the super rope mod for JC2 (cant remember what it is called). Makes it easier to do fun stuff.!!
Posted 05:02am 19/7/12
First three Thief games are on sale in a pack, recommended playing for anybody who hasn't. You'll adjust to the graphics, I finished Betrayal at F*****g Krondor a few years ago and will not hear any whinging.

Original trailer, somehow almost two decades old -
Viper119
Posted 06:36am 19/7/12
The new Sins of Solar Empire is on a daily sale now.

I'm a bit confused (Haven't played it before), does the new one, Rebellion, have everything from the first one?

I read this on Gamespot:

Combines all of the content from the original game and the expansions

Basically should I play the first one and Rebellion or just Rebellion?
Posted 10:24am 19/7/12
Just Rebellion.

Edit: Or you can get Trinity for $4.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/201290/
TiT
Posted 10:39am 19/7/12
So LA Noire its $3.74 or 14.99 for Complete including all DLC but could only find 1 DLC for $4.49 so its cheaper to buy the game and DLC separate or am i missing something?
groganus
Posted 10:43am 19/7/12
Yeah, buy separately.
Posted 10:48am 19/7/12
Heh, I came in here to say "Far out, LA Noire is on sale AGAIN, surely there can't be anyone left who hasn't bought it by now", but I guess I was wrong!
Posted 10:49am 19/7/12
Worth getting the Total War pack for $15? Missing MTW, STW, STW2
ctd
Posted 06:11pm 19/7/12
Lordy. I wasted post number 10000 on JC2, oh well.
Posted 06:13pm 19/7/12
got bastion during the flash sale this morning.

Posted 06:20pm 19/7/12
Can Bastion be played ok with mouse and keyboard, or does it benefit from plugging a gamepad into my PC?
Dazhel
Posted 06:22pm 19/7/12
First three Thief games are on sale in a pack

Dammit, I'd resisted snapping it up when I saw the Thief pack on the store earlier but now you've gone and posted the original trailer. I'll thank you later, but for now I'm disgusted in both of us. :P
Midda
Posted 06:25pm 19/7/12

I guess it'd be fine with a keyboard, but I'd definitely be using a gamepad if you've got one. Any wired 360 controller will do. I play pretty much any game that isn't FPS with a gamepad.
Crakaveli
Posted 06:27pm 19/7/12
$12 for dragon age ultimate edition, hell yeah.
Posted 07:09pm 19/7/12

F*** gamepad. Im kb+mouse for everything apart from fighters n sports game n bastion worked just fine. Choose whatever you're better with i suppose but it certainly didnt seem slanted towards a gamepad to me.
Kharak
Posted 07:19pm 19/7/12
Yeah i've been playing Bastion with a mouse and keyboard and I haven't had any issues
Tanaka Khan
Posted 08:46pm 19/7/12
The one true problem I'm now faced with because of this sale...which game to play first!
step
Posted 08:46pm 19/7/12
I missed the first sale.

I too laughed @ the 15$ complete package, when it's only $8 for the items separately.
DarthGuybrush
Posted 09:44pm 19/7/12
No wonder EA hate these sales lol! Seems the Steam servers are taking a capacity hit though. Had some connection issues and download speeds are way down. But can always install later on if need be!
DarthGuybrush
Posted 09:46pm 19/7/12
I missed the first sale.

I bought it about 2 weeks ago. But the sale was cheaper I think. Still I got it for a good price so am not too concerned.

My SteamCalculator value is right up now! :::

Posted 10:11pm 19/7/12
i'm still on the fence with la noire. just not sure if i will ever play it if i buy it.
Posted 10:25pm 19/7/12

It is well worth the $3/$8 if you buy the complete pack, and is definitely enjoyable if you ever liked GTA or crime stories. I've spent 6 hours already, which compared to a movie is much more worth the money.
Raven
Posted 10:33pm 19/7/12
For $3.74, just bite the bullet and buy it.

Then if you decide you really like it, wait 12 months and buy the DLC cheap :)
Posted 10:34pm 19/7/12
just bite the bullet and buy it.

i did just that and got the DLC as well.
crazymorton
Posted 10:46pm 19/7/12
they've also got flash sales (only last a few hours) for certain games

no good for me my iPad doesn't like flash......ho ho ho yswidt?
Posted 12:28am 20/7/12
Whats people's thoughts on the free to play AOE? Im not great with RTS but am collecting games for coop or versus between my PC and laptop. I played a bit of AOE 2 and 3 back in the day plus the star wars knock off and didnt mind them. I liked the mutiple resource control and the upgrading troops. To save me the 6gb download, is it worth a crack? Im thinking 1v1 human vs human or 2v2 humans vs AI kinda stuff.
The GuVna
Posted 10:51am 20/7/12
Nexuis & Alan Wake added to the list, both cheaper than the meal I ate last night hehe :P
Posted 10:58am 20/7/12

It takes frikkin ages to unlock stuff going the free to play route, I think if you buy the packs it just unlocks everything, but eh. The AI seemed incredibly stupid, but it may just be for the first few levels (read: many many hours as you get to harder stuff), as in one mission I had an allied AI which seemed far smarter than all the enemies up until that point. That it's all running on servers would mean that I wouldn't be surprised if they cut back the AI's capabilities though.
Posted 03:24pm 20/7/12
Red Faction: Armageddon for $5, picked that up. I heard it was more linear and not quite as good as Guerilla, but it still got pretty decent reviews, and Guerilla was awesome fun so I figure I'll probably get my value out of it at $5
Posted 03:37pm 20/7/12
alan wake any good?
Posted 03:48pm 20/7/12
Alan Wake is great, its like playing a Stephen King novel
Posted 06:30pm 20/7/12
Khel I have to thank you for suggesting The Walking Dead series, an amazing game and I don't think I've ever seen so much emotion in a video game. Great series and definitely recommend buying it now while it's on sale.
Posted 01:47am 21/7/12
It's very true..

vDfAY.jpg
dais
Posted 10:46am 21/7/12
Just bought this for $14.99:

Deus Ex Collection Includes 6 items: Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ - Explosive Mission Pack, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ - Tactical Enhancement Pack, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ – The Missing Link

Never really played Deus Ex. f***pot will be pleased.
TufNuT
Posted 11:31am 21/7/12
F*****g LOL.... why bother to display the message not available in our region..f*****g steam
link

last edited by TufNuT at 11:31:06 21/Jul/12
Posted 12:02pm 21/7/12
what game is it supposed to be?
Mantorok
Posted 12:16pm 21/7/12
It's Risen, which was refused classification.
Posted 01:10pm 21/7/12
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is a flash sale for $4.99. Might pick this one up as I've heard great things.
Posted 08:19am 22/7/12
ARMA 2 40% off - sold. Dayz here i come.
Tanaka Khan
Posted 09:17am 22/7/12
It's Risen, which was refused classification.

Yet I picked up Risen 2 the other day and I'm really enjoying it. I swear every second word you hear is f***!
Posted 10:15am 22/7/12
Oh boy, Arma 2 is going to sell like hot cakes.
Posted 10:29am 22/7/12
I've reached the point of hating myself, no more steam sales for me.
Posted 10:30am 22/7/12
Oh boy, Arma 2 is going to sell like hot cakes.

it already has been. it's been in the top sellers list pretty much every day.
Posted 10:44am 22/7/12
Final day right?
BladeRunner
Posted 10:52am 22/7/12
I bought Warlock - Master of the arcane or somthing with DLC for <$15.
Enska
Posted 10:56am 22/7/12
I think it goes till the 24th?
dais
Posted 10:57am 22/7/12
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is a flash sale for $4.99.

Damn it says $14.99, I must have missed it.
groganus
Posted 11:03am 22/7/12
I think it goes till the 24th?

um... it says on the main steam page sale is till the 22nd... that would be u.s.a time though.
Posted 11:18am 22/7/12
I grabbed the Dawn of War complete pack, good times. Yeh think there's ONE day left as it is based on the US.
TicMan
Posted 11:51am 22/7/12
Picked up Walking Dead, Alan Wake, AoE III and Torchlight. Only played Walking Dead so far and just don't see what you guys are seeing .. I'm finding it pretty boring and not excitable at all :(

I have some sort of game depression - nothing is exciting anymore!
Posted 11:54am 22/7/12
ticman, episode 1 is kinda slow but ep2 is insane.
Posted 11:56am 22/7/12
The pack sales still have 40 hours on them, though the daily sales tend to run something like 10 hours into the next day, so it might just be overkill.
dais
Posted 11:58am 22/7/12
I just got the Dawn of War Anthology for $3.74. It's the first game and the two expansions.
Posted 12:32pm 22/7/12
Steam says 'new deals thru til 22nd' but ive noticed that many of the games NOT on daily deal say on sale til 24th. I think the daily deals end 22nd USA time, then 2 days more of best sellers, or community favourites or something. Im waiting til 23rd to buy all cheap indie games that didnt go on daily sale.
Mantorok
Posted 12:38pm 22/7/12
There's three expansions: Winter Assault, Dark Crusade, and Soulstorm.
dais
Posted 12:50pm 22/7/12
Oh, it didn't include Soulstorm. Like I'm going to get to play it anyway! :]

Deus Ex is pretty sweet.
Posted 12:51pm 22/7/12
Reddit says that there is another day of sales yet, reddit wouldn't lie.
Trauma
Posted 12:56pm 22/7/12
Didn't expect Arma 2: CO to drop more, I guess they got used to being number 1 on the top sellers list lol.
Posted 01:19pm 22/7/12
You're not missing much dais, Soulstorm was a s*** expansion anyway.
Raven
Posted 03:23pm 22/7/12
Hey guys, just a heads up that the Batman Franchise pack is back to $24.99 again for another 23 hours or so.
Enska
Posted 05:09pm 22/7/12
F*** i've grabbed a s*** load from these sales and still haven't tipped 200 bucks. love it.
Posted 05:28pm 22/7/12
rage is $10. should i grab it?
Posted 06:44pm 22/7/12
rage is $10. should i grab it?

I said this last time it was on sale:

Just expect a decent shooter. Its got some arcade style racing and vehicles with weapons (machine guns, rockets etc) to break stuff up but thats pretty meh. I really enjoyed the shooting aspects as it had been a while since a decent FPS solo campaign. Story wise i dont follow so dunno about that but i enjoyed the weapons, enjoyed the enemies and thoroughly enjoyed it. Visuals are a little buggy with things popping in and out and the like but patches may have fixed this since release. Dunno anything about coop though.

For $10 i think its worth it.

My most recent solo FPS games have included FEAR and syndicate and i enjoyed the shooter aspects in rage just as much.

Also, wow, IIRC last time it was on sale we got the rip off AUS price but now its the USA price. WTF.
glynd
Posted 07:13pm 22/7/12
bought batman, can't log into GFWL ... f*** i hate GFWL. so now doing the whole "windows essentials" and reinstall GFWL and hope for the best.
ctd
Posted 07:33pm 22/7/12
Really wished ARMA dropped more. Not sure if DayZ is my cup of tea but def wanna try it at least
Posted 07:33pm 22/7/12
Wow, how pissed would you be if you bought rage earlier in the week when it was the daily special, now that its down to $10. For $10 I think I'll grab a copy
Posted 09:07pm 22/7/12

That daily special was the rip off AUS price so a little effort and you could have got it for the USA $10. Great news if you CBF getting the USA price last time and avoided buying it but yeah, rageworthy if you copped the rip off price.

Really wished ARMA dropped more.

I wasnt surprised. It was one of the best sellers pre sale @ full price, one of the best sellers @ 20% off so imagine how popular it will be at 40% off. Cheaper would be awesome but i think they are well aware they dont need to.
Posted 09:33pm 22/7/12

Bohemia know how to milk it, and honestly at that price it is a steal, ARMA 2 is a great game, and I enjoyed the singleplayer missions, albeit it isn't your usual FPS. If you are getting it for DayZ, just make sure you read up this guide on how to install it properly, and don't get attached to your gear, you will lose it at any given point.
dais
Posted 09:41pm 22/7/12
ARMA II is 40% off at the moment.
Posted 10:19pm 22/7/12
Yeah, I would have probably paid $10 for Arma, cos I'm curious about trying out this DayZ mod, but I know outside of that I'd never play the game so even $10 would have been a stretch, and I can't bring myself to pay almost $20 for a mod that I may only play once and hate :(
parabol
Posted 10:23pm 22/7/12

Fixed.

Rage was probably one of the most boring and pointless games I've played in the last year (more mind-numbing than Diablo 3, if that's even possible).

Shame you can't permanently unlink games from a Steam account.
Posted 12:03am 23/7/12

Strongly disagree bro. Im a pretty big FPS fanboi and while rage was not perfect, ive played plenty worse FPS lately - BF3, COD, brink, homefront, hard reset, xotic, dead island, MOH. Dunno if you got hyped cause of previews or expected something earth shattering but i played it not knowing what to expect and thoroughly enjoyed the weapons, combat and general FPS run n gun gameplay. Id happily put it in the category of shooters ive enjoyed like bioshock, fear, quake 4, doom 3, syndicate, singularity, MOH Airborne, Dead space, Deux Ex.
Posted 12:53am 23/7/12

glynd
Posted 09:01am 23/7/12
Keep in mind that you can play in offline mode (or used to be able to), but you can't move your saves from your windows profile or somesuch, and are locked out of online things (may just be achievements etc).On my xp machine, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get GFWL to work, then I upgraded to Win 7 and it worked oddly enough, but I think that I finished Batman AA in offline mode.

I would have done that but i bought the batman pack with all the DLC which you have to activation over GFWL

but uninstalling GFWL, installing windows essential and reinstalling GFWL ended up fixing that. Hopefully this fixed my GTA IV GFWL as well.
Posted 09:20am 23/7/12
Ah sweet, and yeah my GTA IV save was in my XP offline profile, so I abandoned the game. :(
thermos33
Posted 09:25am 23/7/12
Wooo! Got my steam sales badge.. Spent quite a bit over the 11 days it seems.. ARMA pack, Bioshock pack, CoH pack, Day of Defeat, FEAR pack, EU3, Far Cry pack, From Dust, LIMBO, Mirror's Edge, NFS: Undercover, Portal 2, Shoot Many Robots, Super Meat Boy, Swords and Soldiers, Terraria, Torchlight, Unreal pack, Warhammer 40k and 2 pack, Warhammer Spacemarines.. Now that I look back I think I may of spent a little too much.... Looking forward to Christmas sales :D
Posted 09:33am 23/7/12
Everyone buy SPAZ, I highly recommend it. It's a space game viewed from the top down where you have a home base, unlock ships, weapons and various upgrades for your ships. You travel to different solar systems via a huge map. It's a great game made by two guys (afaik). It really is a great game and for $2.49 it is a steal!

Posted 09:42am 23/7/12
^I thought it was pretty meh. First hour or so was good but then i realised how repetitive the side missions were in order to progress the campaign.
glynd
Posted 10:19am 23/7/12
I highly recommend Quantum Conundrum. Played a few hours of it yesterday and it's one of the more fun games I've grabbed off this sale. You can definitely tell the lead designer worked on portal. it doesn't have the comedy portal does but the challenges are definitely entertaining.

yeah, I bought GTA IV dlc that i couldn't play because i couldn't log in GFWL. I'll give that a crack and hope it's all fixed.
Raven
Posted 10:26am 23/7/12
bought batman, can't log into GFWL ... f*** i hate GFWL.

Yeah, I bought AC2 (PC, duh - I already own it on PS3) via Steam, and was immediately required to then create a Ubisoft account to play the game I'd just bought with another account.
Seriously, f*** off Ubisoft!

Oh, to top it off, all the buttons/tips are 'Press kick', 'press open hand' etc... rather than the key it's bound to. Seriously, just tell me what fricking key I bound it to so I don't have to look it up!?

So all up in the Steam sales I've bought LA Noire, AC2, Batman Franchise - all games I already own on PS3. And yes, I still can't get LA Noire to work.
So basically I'm paying for games I'd like to play on PC, but it turns out they're s***** ports.

last edited by Raven at 10:26:28 23/Jul/12
Dazhel
Posted 10:26am 23/7/12
Yeah I wasn't expecting much out of Quantum Conundrum because of the indie studio roots but was pleasantly surprised, it's a fairly polished experience.
Posted 12:15pm 23/7/12
I wasn't sure what to expect from Bioshock 2, but it's turned out to be absolutely bloody fantastic. Super awesome level design, great Rapture themes, interesting complex story with a decent counter to the Andrew Ryan story in the first, loving it.
Posted 01:23pm 23/7/12
My last sale was the two Batman games by Rocksteady. I figured I best support them as their work has been utterly amazing and I absolutely love Batman. Hopefully we can see a new Batman game, or even better a Justice League game.
Posted 02:34pm 23/7/12
vote alan wake so i can buy it this time plzkthx.
Posted 03:01pm 23/7/12
Gay, Saints Row The Third Franchise pack now for $9.79 when I paid $24.99 when it come on sale. WTF steam?
Posted 03:22pm 23/7/12
wow 91% off
Raven
Posted 04:12pm 23/7/12
What is Saints Row anway?

Sell me in 25 words or less.
Posted 04:16pm 23/7/12
it's a more adult and lewd version of gta.
Sc00bs
Posted 04:17pm 23/7/12
grand theft auto on steroids. much more random/ out there world and its based more on the fun aspect than the hardcore storyline
Posted 04:30pm 23/7/12
Who needs words, let Professor Genki sell it

Posted 04:33pm 23/7/12
bah fallout won :(
glynd
Posted 04:37pm 23/7/12
What is Saints Row anway?

Sell me in 25 words or less.

GTA meets postal 2 with a dash of GTA II's side missions (insane kill frenzy, etc).

at least, that's what I was thinking while playing it.
Posted 04:51pm 23/7/12
and you can kill people with giant dildos
Raven
Posted 04:53pm 23/7/12
Cool. Now assume I never played GTA or Postal.
deve
Posted 04:56pm 23/7/12
You walk around a city in third person and do whatever the f*** you want.
fpot
Posted 05:00pm 23/7/12
Watch a few LPs Raven.
glynd
Posted 05:03pm 23/7/12
Cool. Now assume I never played GTA or Postal.

it's a hilariously bizarre and over the top 3rd person open-world game with easily 15-20+ hours of content.

for example:
you can run around a free-roam city dressed as a pirate beating people to death with a giant purple dildo.
eski
Posted 05:03pm 23/7/12
Farking steam. Bought 2 gift copies of SR3 vanilla for mates earlier in the sale for 14.99 each. I have the buyers remorse.....
Timmeh
Posted 05:09pm 23/7/12
just bought sr3
LA Noir
Tanaka Khan
Posted 05:10pm 23/7/12
Hmm, I don't think Max Payne 3 will be getting any cheaper than $44.99...should I??
Vash
Posted 05:15pm 23/7/12
thanks for the heads up d^, purchase'd
Posted 05:39pm 23/7/12
Tanaka it's good, but I don't think I'd recommend it even at that price. The budget was probably spent more on blur and flares then anything else. Also you can get it cheaper at GMG or a CD Key place.

Buying Saints Row Third, because Glynd sold it so well. Pirates man, gotta love em.
Posted 05:42pm 23/7/12

considering it's the last day of sales, i'm going to go with no.

my mate is loving it, but i think $50 is a bit too much.
fpot
Posted 05:43pm 23/7/12
Yeah I'd wait for the christmas sales.
Raven
Posted 05:54pm 23/7/12
Bahahaha glynd. Sounds awesome.
groganus
Posted 05:58pm 23/7/12
looks like whats left in the flash sales is it, which is hilarious considering they are the most sold items in the steam sale according to there charts (they were at the top prior to them all going on sale again for the last time)
Raven
Posted 07:20pm 23/7/12
k, just bought the pack for $9.79. Funny how the individual game was still $14.95 or something silly.

My download list is taking it up the ass at the moment.
Dazhel
Posted 07:25pm 23/7/12
Whoa! Under ten bucks for SR3 and all of the goodies? Sold.
darkjedi
Posted 10:59pm 23/7/12
Got buyer's remorse majorly for picking up SR3 from Amazon for $10 the other day on it's own, then Gaben goes and unleashes this on the last day. Why must you taunt me so?

(Still, I snagged a second copy to sit in my inventory in case I get the urge to play the DLC at some point. Even if I "waste" the main game by gifting it to myself, this is still cheaper than buying all of the DLC at once. I think I have a problem)
Basket
Posted 03:01am 24/7/12
I've probably spent more money on steam games in the last week then I have ever... I see valve turning this maybe....Into a permanent thing :P they would just be making too much money!
Posted 03:16am 24/7/12
Damnit, sales are over, and then Jade Empire is 75% off... May start this merry go round all over again. :P
Posted 08:14am 24/7/12
jade empire any good?
glynd
Posted 09:07am 24/7/12
jade empire any good?

I loved it. Really solid martial arts action-RPG with a touch of mysticism (like summoning a giant toad demon to fight with you, etc). you can learn different fighting styles and skills so you can fight how you want to fight. I'm really hoping for a sequel. Definitely worth the $3.74
Posted 09:52am 24/7/12
It starts off s***, then gets absolutely fantastic. Took me years to go back and play it past the early parts.

Keep in mind that it's an xbox 1 game (though I think that KotOR was too), and had sort of crammed and boring towns for it. But the overall plot turned out to be really good, the gameplay fun, the music great, and yeah, there were some decent characters in the later half of the game (the early ones were pretty boring imo).

It was bioware's first attempt to do a "light" rpg in terms of complexity, mass effect style with no inventory and manual combat, which I didn't like at first, but once you get over the fact that it's just a slightly different genre and isn't baldurs gate/dragon age, it's still great.

Posted 10:07am 24/7/12
It starts off s***, then gets absolutely fantastic.

I havent made it past the first bits you describe.
eski
Posted 01:14pm 24/7/12
I've got a spare copy of the Walking Dead game if anyone wants it, regs only :P
Posted 01:36pm 24/7/12
I'd take it but I did buy it during the sales, thanks anyway eski!
eski
Posted 01:40pm 24/7/12
Hehe, yeah, I figure most people who want it already have it. Hopefully there's someone out there who can give it a good home.
Posted 01:44pm 24/7/12
I havent made it past the first bits you describe.

Do you remember if you got up to this character? I think that was where the game finally started branching out and got interesting.
Loadscreen-SilkFox.jpg
Posted 02:08pm 24/7/12
Steam says 17mins played. Its one of the many games i need to go back to.
Posted 02:37pm 24/7/12
i have 16mins played of the witcher. bought it like 2 years ago.
Posted 02:41pm 24/7/12
i have 16mins played of the witcher. bought it like 2 years ago.
21mins for me.
TiT
Posted 02:52pm 24/7/12
how much u want to sell it for eski? looks pretty good!

edit: can give you beta access to CS: Global Offensive?
Posted 03:18pm 24/7/12
i've got a cs:go beta key if anyone wants it. just pm me your steam name.
Sc00bs
Posted 03:48pm 24/7/12
witcher 10min played lol
Sc00bs
Posted 03:49pm 24/7/12
o0o0o choose me matt =)
Posted 03:59pm 24/7/12
will send it when i get home.
Sc00bs
Posted 04:17pm 24/7/12
yaaay cheers =)
ctd
Posted 05:49pm 24/7/12
Hardly played CS:GO at all, probably because I've had dota2.
Posted 05:49pm 24/7/12
sorry doesn't look like i have the key anymore :(

i got a steam pop up a few weeks back saying they were giving me another key to gift to a friend, but it's not in my inventory. i never gave it to anyone so dunno wtf has happened to it.
eski
Posted 05:49pm 24/7/12
hey tit, pm me your email and I'll send you the key when I get home. No money, just happy someone will make use of it :)
Lewk
Posted 05:50pm 24/7/12
Bought five games for eight dollars in total. Looks like I somehow managed to avert serious wallet burning this year!
Posted 06:14pm 24/7/12

Same thing happened to me. Got some popup about beta invite keys for friends but never received them.
skythra
Posted 06:51pm 24/7/12
That was a wild emotional ride. I'm pretty content with the loot, although my bank looks.. well actually OK i spent less than 80 dollars on about 100 games. Most of them are sega classics so they probably shouldn't count, but considering i finished echo jr in 45 minutes it totally counts.

That's 3 times most people's witcher game times. :P