Microsoft sent through details outlining pre-order information and the limited collector's edition for Forza Horizon, their open-world Forza driving playground experience that was unveiled at this year's E3.
Pre-ordering the game from EB Games or JB Hi-Fi will net you a Forza Horizon-themed 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 that can be let loose in Forza Motorsport 4 right now.
In addition, fans who pre-order “Forza Horizon” at participating retailers will receive an additional token, while supplies last, to unlock one of the following five cars that will be instantly available when the game launches this October:
Exclusive to EB Games
Exclusive to JB Hi-Fi
- 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia: A new Ferrari is always cause for celebration, and you can still hear the cheers from fans of the 458. The famed Italian automaker went above and beyond the call with this gorgeous example of road-devouring art. The 458 produces 562 horsepower and has a top speed over 200 mph, giving it the kind of performance needed to master the world’s greatest race tracks.
- 2010 Volkswagen Golf R: Available only in Europe as a limited edition model, this could be the sportiest Golf to date. 267 horsepower from its 2.0-liter turbo make it a kick in the pants when pushed, and it can be pushed all the way up to a governor-mandated 155 mph. Twin central exhaust tips, L shaped LED taillights, and plenty of glossy black give the Golf R a look that matches its performance.
- 2012 Aston Martin Virage: Plush luxury meets awesome performance in the 2012 Aston Martin Virage. Comfortable enough for a long Sunday drive, yet sporting a blistering 490 horsepower V12, the Virage continues Aston Martin’s legacy of creating cars that deliver prestige and performance.
- 2010 Nissan 370Z: The long line of Z model cars has a prestigious history and loyal following, but anyone can appreciate the beauty and power of this Japanese masterpiece. The 370Z features grippy handling and drift-worthy rear wheel drive, motivated by a 3.7-liter, V6 with more than enough juice to excite even the most die-hard of sports car enthusiasts.
You can also pre-order the limited collector's edition which comes with a Forza Horizon steelbook that features the game and a Forza Horizon "Festival Ticket" that gives you access to exclusive in-game content and a VIP membership to Forza Horizon. The in-game content you'll unlock features the following:
- Five-car Launch Day Add-on Pack (more details to be shared soon)
- Five Exclusive “Forza Horizon” Limited Collector Edition Car Pack liveries
- “Forza Horizon” Accelerator Token Pack (this lets you speed up your Career with "instant access to exotic cars, in-game popularity spikes, fast passes and instant map unlocks".
You can go into the participating retailers now and pre-order the game, which is due to release on October 23 here in Australia.
Watch a trailer for all of the above embedded below, or click here for a direct link
Posted 04:58pm 13/7/12