Perhaps the best in the franchise yet, and it wasn't even lead by either of the A or B teams...
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Our Full Review
The PS5 has landed a couple of timed exclusives so we look at Godfall from New(ish) Kids on the Block, Counterplay.
Godfall Review - Godly Ascension, or a Fall from Grace
We spoke to Lead Combat Designer Tomonori Kinoshita from Bungie to find out a little more about how the fight on Europa will go down.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light - We Chat to Bungie
Post by Eorl @ 12:14pm 23/06/12 | 17 Comments
Video game to movie titles have never been the best in Hollywood, with the infamous Super Mario Bros. being one of the worst video game movies in history. While others have tried to stray away from being directly related to a video game with more ambiguous plots like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, they just aren't successful for today's gamers.

It seems DreamWorks thinks otherwise, with news that the studio has picked up feature film rights for EA's Need for Speed series, with the intention of starting production early next year.
Brothers George and John Gatins developed the original story with George writing the feature’s screenplay. The screenplay is based on the Need for Speed series, but is not based on an individual game. EA will produce along with John Gatins and Mark Sourian. Scott Waugh (Act of Valor) is attached to direct, and the project will be fast-tracked at DreamWorks with a target production start date for early next year, for a 2014 release.

The film adaptation will be a fast-paced, high-octane film rooted in the tradition of the great car culture films of the 70s while being extremely faithful to the spirit of the video game franchise. In Need for Speed, the cars are hot, the racing is intense and the story keeps players at the edge of their seat.
While there are a few movies out now with similar aspects to the Need for Speed series (read: anything with Vin Diesel), what DreamWorks will be able to do is going to be quite interesting for any racing genre enthusiasts.

Check out the full press release over here, and drop us a comment below on your thoughts of a Need for Speed movie, and whether it could succeed in today's silver screens.

dreamworksearacingneed for speed

Nerfy
Posted 12:20pm 23/6/12
But.... the only Need for Speed games that I've played have literally no plot other than there being real cars on vaguely location themed roads...

Are they doing this to hurt us?
dais
Posted 12:24pm 23/6/12
How do they expect this to compete with The Fast & The Furious?
badfunkstripe
Posted 12:41pm 23/6/12
The thing is, there's no need.

If you have a good idea for a car racing movie. It doesn't need to use this brand. The brand itself will be useless with out a good film.
mental
Posted 12:43pm 23/6/12
Everyone should watch the movie 200mph at this point in the conversation.
Trauma
Posted 12:47pm 23/6/12
Need for Fast and Furious Speed?
slamma
Posted 01:54pm 23/6/12
Why Would they bother?Sounds like the movie ppl are running out of ideas.
Fuzzy
Posted 10:40pm 23/6/12
So.... pretty much Fast and Furious 6

I'm okay with this, always liked the F&F movies
tspec
Posted 11:25pm 23/6/12

No mistakin the movie was terribad but it's still a masterpiece compared to anything Uwe Boll ever did.

last edited by tspec at 23:25:38 23/Jun/12
Tanaka Khan
Posted 11:51pm 23/6/12
So.... pretty much Fast and Furious 6

I'm okay with this, always liked the F&F movies

WirlWind
Posted 11:09am 25/6/12
tspec, I kind of enjoyed the FarCry movie, in a "time slowing down car-crash where a grandmother gets thrown 200ft up in the air before being impaled on a fence" kind of way.

It was terrifying, but I just couldn't look away and may have laughed once or twice...
Nerfy
Posted 11:28am 25/6/12
There was a FarCry movie..?
WirlWind
Posted 11:55am 25/6/12
Yes, Nerfy... It was... it... it touched me!

*bursts into tears*
Nerfy
Posted 12:04pm 25/6/12
That's ok, I saw that it involved Uwel Bowel (I presume that's how his name is spelled), and, you're probably not exaggerating.
Reverend Evil
Posted 12:19pm 25/6/12
Fast and the Furious 6 has Michelle Rodriguez hey? I will definitely be watching although I still would have watched it for Dwayne Johnson. Most of his movies have been worth checking out plus he seems like a nice guy. lol
Monkeez
Posted 12:46pm 25/6/12

I think you're confused, when Michelle Rodriguez is in something that means you're NOT supposed to watch it.
Raven
Posted 12:56pm 25/6/12
I only support this movie if they get Val Kilmer back to re-do the cheesy "I got the need - the need for speed" line from Top Gun.

Fast and the Furious 6 has Michelle Rodriguez hey?

last edited by Raven at 12:56:31 25/Jun/12
Mordecai
Posted 01:07pm 25/6/12

Oh cool, does she play a rough, Female cop? Cos I reckon that's be an awesome role for her that's way out of her comfort zone of what she usually does.last edited by Raven at 12:56:31 25/Jun/12

Probably plays the same character from the early movies.