18 years after the conclusion of Shenmue II, Yu Suzuki returns with the long-awaited crowdfunded sequel - decades in the making.
Shenmue III Review - Party Like its 1999
We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
We've taken to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order like a Womprat to sand. But how does it hold up?
Light or Dark? Our In-Depth Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Review
Post by Eorl @ 09:48am 28/04/12 | 12 Comments
En Masse Entertainment has today announced that the long awaited real-time action MMO TERA is now available to play for all Early Access Pre-orders.
This program thanks early purchasers by allowing them to begin their journey through the game’s dynamic and exciting world—where they can experience the intense action of TERA’s contextual combat system and battle big-ass monsters—for an extra weekend before launch. The Head Start program allows players to advance to a maximum level of 38 until the level cap is pushed to the full-feature level of 60 when TERA officially ships.

Pre-order customers who played in TERA’s open beta test last weekend will be granted access to their characters from the open beta as well, allowing them to continue their journey uninterrupted.
It seems this weekend is a full one for MMO players, with Guild Wars 2 also having its first official beta event weekend, making for some competitive grounds. If you haven't yet pre-order for TERA, today is the last day that you will be able to receive all bonuses and benefits, including the head start access.

You can check out the latest trailer below for TERA which shows off the race known as Aman. You can also check out our game page for all the latest screenshots and news.

en massemmopre-orderteralaunch
Buy now from SteamEU Only EUR€49.95!

arkter
Posted 10:29am 28/4/12
anyone going to play this?
BlueWolf
Posted 10:52am 28/4/12
I preordered it... and played 1 beta. So I guess me. I have no idea what server to play on or anything.

Wonder if it's too late for a refund, I just don't have time to play at the moment.... Fun game though!
Hastarin
Posted 12:54pm 28/4/12
Headstart actually kicks off at 1am Sunday AEST. It was originally 5am but they've moved it up.

I'll be playing on Serpentis Isle. It's the unofficial Oceanic server for PvE. A PvP server due to level scaling and lag from Australia is not something I cared to try. PvE is quite playable though.

An MMO I can play from my couch in 1920x1080 goodness with a 360 controller that has combat that requires more skill than simple tab targeting is what sold me.
deadlyf
Posted 02:01pm 28/4/12
I played about an hour during the beta and was thoroughly unimpressed. The "skill" required for combat is a myth and the pedo inspired characters made even me feel uneasy about the kind of people who would be playing such a game.
ravn0s
Posted 02:06pm 28/4/12
good game weren't too impressed with the sexualization of the characters, especially the bunny girls.
BlueWolf
Posted 02:07pm 28/4/12
Just canceled my order. They were very nice and had no issues.

I'd like a fun mmo to play, but only SWTOR has local servers, and I hear the game is still so-so.

Was looking forward to GW2 but it appears they have no local servers.... So I guess I'll stick to playing old school games instead =) Yay Descent!
Eorl
Posted 02:26pm 28/4/12
Just canceled my order. They were very nice and had no issues.

Hopefully they get local servers, there have been rumours of talks with Telstra etc.
Tashy
Posted 08:10pm 28/4/12
I find TERA enjoyable too, I love how you have to physically aim at a mob to hit it, and if u r a lancer how you have to not only use ur shield at the right time but also point it in the right direction to block an attack! Likewise, you have to watch a mob and recognize when it is about to strike to block it.

However, in other MMOs like Aion, you only have to watch for a mob's "skill bar / gauge" which indicates that it will strike as soon as the bar fills up and as long as you press the block key you will successfully block it even if the attack is from behind! rofl

Not expecting to continue playing it after a few months, if not sooner, but should be fun fun fun in the mean time! xD
sn0rcha
Posted 05:39pm 30/4/12
it's a fun game for sure, something to tie over till gw2
skythra
Posted 11:38pm 30/4/12

This should be the tag line on the box. You nearly sold me an MMO. So close.

So very close.

Jerk.
WirlWind
Posted 09:41am 01/5/12
Eorl, not so sure about that, from what I hear they'd have to go and get new lisences for the oceanic region.
Outlaw