DICE have quietly rolled out another server-side update for Battlefield 3, addressing a handful of lingering bugs without the need for players to path their game clients.
According to a forum post
by DICE's Mikael Kalms, the update is due to rollout to BF3 servers worldwide starting at 10:00 UTC on April 19 2012. Here's the stated changelog:
- Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
- Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
- Tweaked tank armor strength
- MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
- RCON admin.say command can send to individual players
- A few invalid map+gamemode combinations in maplist.txt could crash the server on startup; these combinations are now rejected instead
- RCON vars.serverDescription was not returning anything in R20 if the string was not set; this has been changed to return “” instead
- RCON player.onChat now reports the target player subset
The RCON changes are obviously only relevant to PC, but no mention has been made of when the gameplay-related fixes will make their way on to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 Battlefield 3 servers.