As part of E3 2019 we had the chance to go hands on with DOOM Eternal and witness the evolution of the id Software's re-imagining of the iconic series.
DOOM Eternal - The id Software Shooter Perfected
Out at a pre-E3 press event, we went hands-on with the newly revealed Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. Read on for our full impressions...
Hands-On With Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
We go hands on with Wolfenstein: Youngblood the new co-op adventure starring B.J. Blazkowicz's daughters. And plenty of Nazi killing action.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood Preview – Let’s Shoot Nazis Together
All the trailers and announcements from the Nintendo Direct E3 2019 briefing.
Nintendo E3 2019 Showcase
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 10:46am 17/04/12 | 10 Comments
In a move everyone expected, Nintendo's enigmatic developer, Shigeru Miyamoto, has confirmed the Big-N will have playable versions of Mario and Pikmin for Wii U at this year's E3.

Miyamoto confirmed the news when speaking to Spanish gaming site, El Mundo, and Nintendo PR has since gone on to doubly confirm his plans, revealing that a new Pikmin game will definitely be shown at the conference and that the Mario title will be based on the "Super Mario Bros Experience" demo that was shown at last year's E3.

According to the El Mundo report (via CVG), Miyamoto also hasn't given up on the Wii Music concept saying "I want to do more with that idea".

So, not surprising at all, though I'd argue we definitely need to see something a bit meatier than any of the above, from a core gamer perspective, to really bite into Nintendo's new console. Metroid, Zelda et al - unite!

marionintendo wii ushigeru miyamotoe3zelda

Raven
Posted 01:41pm 17/4/12
Mario: Of course.
Pikmin: Really?
Midda
Posted 02:37pm 17/4/12
I'm hoping that Retro's new title is announced and demoed. Pikmin is a pleasant surprise though.
dais
Posted 03:13pm 17/4/12
F*** how good would a Retro Wii U Metroid be.
Steve Farrelly
Posted 03:45pm 17/4/12
I'm still holding faith they've been brought in to make a new Zelda title
Eorl
Posted 05:45pm 17/4/12
Please be a Zelda HD, god that demo looked amazing.
Midda
Posted 06:03pm 17/4/12
I'm still holding faith they've been brought in to make a new Zelda title

Yeah, that's what I'd like to see too. They were given Metroid, and they absolutely nailed it. Then they were given Donkey Kong Country, and nailed that too. I'm confident that they would make an amazing Zelda game.

F*** how good would a Retro Wii U Metroid be.

Yeah, it'd be great, but honestly, I hope they're working on something else. They've already made 3 Metroid games, I'd like to see something different from them.

They were quoted about a year ago as working on "a project everyone wants us to do." That doesn't really clear it up, as I don't recall large numbers of people hoping for any specific IP.
DM
Posted 06:20pm 17/4/12
I want a side scrolling metroid title like they used to be only with spiffy graphics.
Posted 06:38pm 17/4/12

Killer Instinct?
dais
Posted 07:16pm 17/4/12
That would rule.
Mantorok
Posted 07:54pm 17/4/12
Killer Instinct is Rare's IP though.