As amazing as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is, and it is amazing, it's list of bugs and glitches is almost as wide as the land it's set in itself. Some of these have been celebrated as hilarity, but many other just break the game for players in numerous and annoying ways.
Bethesda has heard everyone's cries though, and has been testing a number of bug fixes and updates in their latest patch 1.5 in beta form on Steam, inviting players to trounce through the game and report anything amiss with what is intended to actually fix the title. Thankfully, it appears they've reached a point they're happy with, as patch 1.5 is now available in full to the general public on Steam.
Below is a list of added features in the patch, but for all the bug fixes (and there are a lot), check out the Bethesda Blog for the full manifest
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
Console owners have been assured the patch has been submitted to your respective platform manufacturers this week, so stay tuned for 1.5 to drop for you too.