Hi-Rez Studios has just announced that Tribes: Ascend, a fast paced free-to-play shooter, will be available to Australian gamers on Saturday, February 25th. Also being released alongside the open beta is a new patch that adds a new game mode, four new maps, and new regions.
All player progress and unlocks will be preserved with no planned character wipes. In advance of Open Beta, a significant patch this week will include:
- New gametype, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
As of Saturday morning, anyone interested can sign up over at the official website
with no need for a beta key. So make sure you have your guns loaded as this will be a wild ride.