Our very first hands-on with Cyberpunk 2077 -- can this game truly live up to the hype? Read on for our full thoughts...
Cyberpunk 2077 Hands-On - A Life More Complicated
From mash-up to sampling to festival culture and dance music, Harmonix’s latest puts player choice and expression front-and-centre.
FUSER - Harmonix Sets its Sights on Festival Lights
The latest June 2020 quarterly update on Diablo IV is a treasure trove of new info, so let’s break it down.
Diablo 4 Update – Open World, Events, Legendary Gear, and More
As the latest LG OLED, the CX presents a high-end display that takes OLED technology forward in meaningful ways.
LG CX 65-inch 4K OLED - A Stunning Next-Gen Ready Display
Post by Eorl @ 03:42pm 19/01/12 | 15 Comments
Bethesda Softworks have just sent word that DOOM, the original granddaddy of First Person Shooters, is now once again available on Xbox Live.
Face off against Hell’s army as you experience the revolution of DOOM. Lay waste to hordes of demonic monsters with an arsenal of classic weapons including the infamous BFG 9000. Take the deathmatch online via LIVE and battle your friends for dominance of the leaderboards, or team-up with a friend in co-op.
DOOM is available for 400 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Live Marketplace worldwide. Check out the screenshots below showing off some action packed 4 player deathmatch and co-op.

doombethesdaclassicxbox live

eski
Posted 03:55pm 19/1/12
why are we talking about doom and not dustforce?
Reverend Evil
Posted 04:21pm 19/1/12
I wonder what system they used for this? Obviously it looks like complete ass, but it would be interesting to see what console it's coming from.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 04:31pm 19/1/12
I wonder what system they used for this?

What do you mean? how they are running it on the console?

I've played what must be Doom 2 on the 360 (only have the demo) and it is surprisingly good to wasz around in on the 360.

What surprised me is that the 360 version of the game appears to have some additional campain levels (not original doom2 at all, or any 'official' exp pack as such).

Multiplay is pretty reasonable, but Doom itself remains largely untouched (as it should be... imo this game is still awesome fun to play)
Eorl
Posted 04:42pm 19/1/12
I'm not sure that I understand you Rev. Are you asking what console this comes from originally? If so, it was PC, otherwise I'm not sure what your asking.
Reverend Evil
Posted 04:53pm 19/1/12
Well, the PC verion and the PS1 version looked the same. Although when it came out on the Nintendo 64 they upped the graphics. Twas just wondering what they were basing this version on?
Eorl
Posted 05:05pm 19/1/12
Ahh I see. I'm not to sure on those details, I'm presuming it's either based on the PC version or maybe a console version. I'll see if I can track that down for you.
Reverend Evil
Posted 05:09pm 19/1/12
Ah, dont worry mate. I was only stirring you up. I apologize. I'm an idiot.
8-)
scuzzy
Posted 05:49pm 19/1/12
Release date: 1/18/2012
Reviews: 27,635
what, did they take it off and now it's listed again? odd

last edited by scuzzy at 17:49:46 19/Jan/12
eski
Posted 06:28pm 19/1/12
scuzzy - yep

This version looks pretty similar to Doom95. They've turned it into a fully 3d game now, I smashed this on xbox when I first got one. Its actually a pretty decent port.
slamma
Posted 07:14pm 19/1/12
Man i was hooked the first time i seen it on a mates pc hooked up to his stereo.that double barrel shotty was f***en awsome.BOOOOM.
IVY_MiKe
Posted 07:48pm 19/1/12
There's also something awesome about the music in the game, and I still love ID's 'speed' and 'scaling' in their games.

(you typically move rediculously quick in the game, and everything is so chunky)
Tepid
Posted 08:23pm 19/1/12
doom 64 was a completely different game. this is doom 1. doom 2 still my fave though. even better with jdoom or zdaemon or whatever you wanna use.

i heard there's a pretty fun mod out now, brutal doom.
Mantorok
Posted 09:00pm 19/1/12
It's a port of the PC game. Dunno why you'd think it was a port of a port.
Hogfather
Posted 09:46pm 19/1/12
yeahnuh
Posted 12:04am 20/1/12
the original grand daddy huh
Bj Blazkowicz what a word