After a big gameplay reveal we’re here to let you know that the new Saints Row is every bit the classic Saints we know and adore. With added wingsuit.
5 Things About the New Saints Row that Make It Pure Saints
Our massive round-table interview with the team at Respawn, going behind the scenes on the latest Apex update and finding out how the team keeps delivering the goods.
Apex Legends: Saviors - We Chat to the Team at Respawn
Even after testing for several days, we didn’t need to plug this in for charging.
HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless's Amazing 300-Hour Battery Life
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 02:56pm 30/11/11 | 25 Comments
In keeping with the major patches theme this week (WoW 4.3 today, Skyrim tonight/tomorrow), CCP Games has released a mammoth patch for their equally popular MMO, EVE Online, called "Crucible".

There's a lot to mention in regards to what the new update adds, but the team are boasting that in the Worldshaping department Crucible adds "stunning new visuals have been added to EVE Online" with "new nebulas throughout space" that will "provide players with a feeling of real immersion and allow for a better sense of scale and location in the universe".

The rest, to be honest, goes a little over my head, but you can check the full change log right here.

Of course we have the new patch available for you locally, which you'll find right here. If you're new to Eve, check out this great live action/CG trailer below to get a taste!

eve onlinepatchcrucibleccp games
Buy now from SteamUS Only USD$19.99!

Eorl
Posted 03:24pm 30/11/11
Considering playing EVE again, enjoyed it a lot when I tried the trial ages ago. Looks like they are getting ready for that new game next year.
TicMan
Posted 03:27pm 30/11/11
Every time I hear about Eve I think about starting it up again, then I remember how much of a drain it is and go back to playing BF3.
Eorl
Posted 03:28pm 30/11/11
Something to do while I wait for SWTOR.
carson
Posted 03:58pm 30/11/11
What Ticman said. I have some fond memories from it, but it requires so much time and effort to get anything done.

Also, there is a Skyrim patch coming out tonight!?
groganus
Posted 05:59pm 30/11/11
That video made me watch an ad before i could watch the intended video.

Most people might not care, but i thought id raise it given that you guys are not making money from it.
Ivonin
Posted 07:44pm 30/11/11
Man, I was there...
Focumba
Posted 08:22pm 30/11/11
Considering how angry the player base has been lately this could be the make or break update from CCP for Eve Online.
reso
Posted 08:28pm 30/11/11
That video made me watch an ad before i could watch the intended video.

I think AusGamers are making money off the ad. I can't imagine anyone but trog writing "Please wait, yo! It's totally worth it!".
Trauma
Posted 08:43pm 30/11/11

Yea I'm the same, that game has a way of drawing you in but I know better after falling for that one... twice!
Superform
Posted 08:50pm 30/11/11
yeah i have taken a break from eve - it really takes a lot of effort to play..

good news is Battlecrusiers 5 just finished in time for the patch :)
Twisted
Posted 09:02pm 30/11/11
Looks like they are getting ready for that new game next year.
Na, they're returning to their roots really. Might have been some preparation work for Dust 514, but I think the bulk of this expansion was around giving the community what they want. Some awesome changes in the expansion :)
That video made me watch an ad before i could watch the intended video.
...I just didn't bother watching the video once the ad starts...
BladeRunner
Posted 12:50am 01/12/11
I wish Eve was freemeium, Its just not worth $14.95 a month to wait for skills to train. I like the idea of Eve and have played on and off since 2007 but its worse then WoW when it comes to everyone else being far far above where you in terms of money and skills. Just have to wait for STO to go free2play.
Taipan
Posted 01:26am 01/12/11
Dude you can actually have a life while you wait for a skill to train. So you are in effect leveling your character without even sitting at your PC. That in my opinion beats the s*** out of endless boar killing. To be perfectly honest I would rather have the eve system of skill training than any other bulls*** grinding system. It also has the added bonus of totally negating dips**** with no life maxing out their character within the first week of the game being out :).
Keato
Posted 08:09am 01/12/11
It also makes it very difficult to pick up the game now and get involved.
trog
Posted 08:40am 01/12/11
haha I am getting too predictable :(
Focumba
Posted 10:05am 01/12/11
CCP have finally posted the official trailer for Crucible.

TicMan
Posted 10:06am 01/12/11
When I stopped playing my main had 33mil skill points which at the time was in the top percentage of the player base (this was just when Capitals were released). Now I'd imagine that's probably the average or even below average for skill points :(
Twisted
Posted 11:35am 01/12/11
It also makes it very difficult to pick up the game now and get involved.
Na, it doesn't. Unlike other MMO's, in Eve even a low skill point player makes a difference. A player in a starter frigate could be the ship that tackles a jump freighter carrying 10-20billion worth of assets or a freighter with a station in it. In other MMO's someone playing the game for their first week does not matter. They may as well not exist. In Eve you can actually be a vital contributor. You don't need to be flying a capital or super capital to make a difference :)
Focumba
Posted 01:11pm 01/12/11
What Twisted said.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 01:16pm 01/12/11
I played EVE ages and ages ago and liked it but didn't have the time/money for it.

I really like the concept and the extent of player driven actions have on the universe. I like how the admins don't get involved too much. It seems in that in the Eve economy whatever happens, happens for good or bad. I like that.
BladeRunner
Posted 06:51am 02/12/11
Indeed that part of eve is a cool and interesting thing but Its still hard to get into. Plus only having 1 character allowed to train at one time is annoying. I could just buy a character on their forums and get to where I want to be with out paying for a 6 months worth of subscription so I can train. I could over look these issues if it was F2P.
Twisted
Posted 10:46pm 02/12/11
I only pay for 1 of my accounts. The other 3 I pay for with in game currency. The new incursions are great for making cash, but not really accessible to new players :)
Eorl
Posted 11:39pm 02/12/11
How would one go about starting EVE? I'm interested, and need something to do. Is there a massive wiki or guide?
Twisted
Posted 12:25am 03/12/11
They've got some new 60 day trial key if you're interested. They've done a lot of work for new players with the tutorials, so that's where I would start. I haven't seen them yet but I hear they're better than what we got at the start which was sweet FA :p
gamer
Posted 09:11am 05/12/11
Honestly I wish there was a 1-2 hour documentary on everything contained within EVE and it's history etc.

I would watch that s*** with popcorn. Although I could never play it due to the steep learning curve that is too much of a time sink in itself. I need a game that gives me immediate rewards (or quick enough reward/feedback to my efforts).

Would love to hear about all the ways you can play EVE etc.