Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Post by trog @ 03:23pm 27/09/11 | 39 Comments
NVIDIA dropped us a line to let us know about some new beta drivers so you can get the most out of your system for Battlefield 3:
The Battlefield 3 beta begins tomorrow for pre-order customers and Medal of Honor owners. To give you the best possible experience, we’re releasing new GeForce beta drivers (285.38), which can increase performance in the game by up to 38%. We’ve also updated our Battlefield 3 SLI profile to provide the absolute best performance if you have a multi-GPU machine.

You can download the new GeForce 285.38 beta drivers here: http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Beta
They also mention their new Analyzer which will check out your system to see if it meets the required specifications.

battlefield 3betanvidiadrivers
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£12.99!

copuis
Posted 03:25pm 27/9/11
just one more reason to go Nvidia imo

how long for the ati drivers?, should we just a qgl pool?
trog
Posted 03:27pm 27/9/11
No BF3 for me on my work PC :(

Mephz
Posted 03:28pm 27/9/11
Yeah I got that same thing with GTX 275.
Only there's not much difference between 275 and 560 (minimum recommended) from what I can see in hardware spec comparisons. *shrugs*
carson
Posted 03:30pm 27/9/11
just one more reason to go Nvidia imo

F*****' oath. After having ATI cards for ages, finally made the switch to nvidia. Man I am so happy with it. The drivers rock and the card is solid as (gtx570).
FraktuRe
Posted 03:32pm 27/9/11
The GPU analyzer was unable to complete your request. Would you like to try again?

Please refer to the system requirements page here to see if your PC is ready for Battlefield 3.

Didn't even work for me :(
Outlaw
Posted 03:33pm 27/9/11
an analizer to tell me my pc is outdated and to buy more nvidia products
Spook
Posted 03:37pm 27/9/11
yer, i guess that menas im out too (gtx265).

well, my pc is still doing everything else i need so im not going to upgrade just for this just yet.
ravn0s
Posted 03:39pm 27/9/11
The GPU Upgrade Analyzer only runs on Windows-based systems.

i'm using win7...

edit: eh looks like it was a problem with firefox. worked in chrome

Your PC's AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series CrossFire meets the game's recommended requirements.

last edited by ravn0s at 15:39:45 27/Sep/11
Gleeman
Posted 03:41pm 27/9/11
skythra
Posted 03:51pm 27/9/11

booyah
Moridin
Posted 04:02pm 27/9/11
Just because you don't have the recommended Spec doesn't mean you wont be able to play. I still got my GTX 285 and am sure it will do fine. In sayinig that I am going to upgrade to a DX11 card soon.
boba
Posted 04:07pm 27/9/11
yerp

copuis
Posted 04:11pm 27/9/11
cant wait to try this on my 450
kr0wb4r
Posted 04:13pm 27/9/11
Your PC's AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series meets the game's recommended requirements. To see other system requirements for Battlefield 3, please click here.

Haha wasn't expecting that.
TiT
Posted 04:14pm 27/9/11
i dont know what video card to buy :( i have 260 and need to upgrade... i have Quad core so that should be fine i hope
taggs
Posted 04:14pm 27/9/11

exactly the same, here except i splurged on a 580.

went ATI in the last 3 or 4 builds, decided it was time to give nvidia another go and could not be more happy with it. i have no idea why i was such an ATI fanboi in the past :(
Eorl
Posted 04:18pm 27/9/11
My 2x 5770's doing quite fine yeaaaaa
skythra
Posted 04:19pm 27/9/11
exactly the same, here except i splurged on a 580.

Probably because like AMD for a brief moment during the intro of dualcores, had a really good price performance win. I prefer intel anyway.
ShwaMiller86
Posted 04:20pm 27/9/11
580 at work.
SLI 470 at home.

Should be right.
copuis
Posted 04:23pm 27/9/11
well no work play

Sorry, the GPU analyzer was unable to determine your graphics hardware.

who would have thought an ATI radeon 3100 wouldn't cut it
Tollaz0r!
Posted 04:31pm 27/9/11
Yay my 560ti meets the specs...

20 gigs hard drive space. ouch.
Mantorok
Posted 04:39pm 27/9/11
20 gigs hard drive space. ouch.
F***, that's nearly $2 worth of HDD space.
glynd
Posted 04:44pm 27/9/11
F***, that's nearly $2 worth of HDD space.

or ~$50 if it's on a SSD.

But 20gb is hardly surprising.
copuis
Posted 05:55pm 27/9/11
i some how dont think it really checked

Mantorok
Posted 05:57pm 27/9/11
i some how dont think it really checkedsome where in my mind my gainward gts 450 glh is a better performer that a stock 560
lol no.
copuis
Posted 05:58pm 27/9/11
oh well, 570 here i come

(not even sure why i'm bothering, i'm not even likely to play the damn game)
Timmeh
Posted 06:17pm 27/9/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ye ye
Kf
Posted 07:22pm 27/9/11
This is very clever from Nvidia.... they dont compare to minimum but to recommended and give those less informed a false sense of failure!

My friends 2x 8800GT SLI 1Gb is still ok for most games and does meet the minimum requirements as a single 8800GT is minimum, he has two.... yet it said he does not meet them and should upgrade!
Sc00bs
Posted 07:25pm 27/9/11
yeah im hoping that my 560ti will run it at highest settings
Kf
Posted 07:42pm 27/9/11
Just did the test on my game pc running 2x GTX275 (SLI) and it failed... now thats a joke as GTX275 SLI is faster than 1x GTX560.... by 10 to 20% so the app is clearly a money grab!
Mephz
Posted 07:47pm 27/9/11
GTX275 vs GTX560

I dunno what weight this site holds. But the 560 doesn't look *that* much greater than a 275. so if you have SLI'd 275's I would imagine you sit comfortably in the "recommended" requirements.

Posted 08:04pm 27/9/11
Its not all about clock speeds though, the GTX560 has a much higher pixel fill rate (important if you want to run with AA), a slightly higher texture fill rate, DDR5 memory compared to the 275's DDR3, more shader units, and support for DX11 and Shader version 5.0

So I'd imagine the analyzer is taking that all into account. Your 275's should still run the game fine, but not at the higher detail settings, which I think is what this tool is testing for.
Stalfax
Posted 08:29pm 27/9/11
This reminds me of Battlefield 2 when everyone upgraded from 1GB of RAM to 2GB :p
koopz
Posted 08:41pm 27/9/11
something tells me we'll be dropping this game on it's guts to run at 100fps with older hardware the same as was done with BC2

the Alpha ran fine in DX10. I'd imagine more than a few peeps with be pushing competitive configs on their PCs from launch

I'm expecting to copy/paste most of my BC2 vid config at this point
ravn0s
Posted 08:50pm 27/9/11
Outlaw
Posted 09:33pm 27/9/11
what :(
Kf
Posted 09:35pm 27/9/11
Khel, indeed one GTX275 is slower but I have two in SLI which whoops the 560... in fact in most benchmarks 2x GTX275 are on par with GTX480 and almost GTX570....
DeadlyButters
Posted 10:00pm 27/9/11
well im hoping my HD 5730 on a laptop will last until i get the money to build a pc. shoud be fine to run low to medium or a mixture of both. never liked nvidea really mostly cause the last pc i had had nvidea and it had so many graphics issues with games and other stuff while my ati has handle everything iv thrown at it smoothly. and notice how it recommends only the best and most expensive nvidea cards obvious money grab couldn't get any more noticeable.
Superform