Perhaps the best in the franchise yet, and it wasn't even lead by either of the A or B teams...
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Our Full Review
The PS5 has landed a couple of timed exclusives so we look at Godfall from New(ish) Kids on the Block, Counterplay.
Godfall Review - Godly Ascension, or a Fall from Grace
We spoke to Lead Combat Designer Tomonori Kinoshita from Bungie to find out a little more about how the fight on Europa will go down.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light - We Chat to Bungie
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 10:04am 22/09/11 | 64 Comments
Steve Jobs' replacement at Apple, Tim Cook, will reportedly take the stage this October 4 in a last-minute press conference, where he'll finally unveil the much anticipated iPhone 5.

AllThingsD also suggests the new device will be made available to consumers only a few weeks after its official unveiling.

Former Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, left his job just a little while back due to ongoing health problems, and to palm running Apple off to the next young blood, however, he is still employed at the company and much of the iPhone 5, which is reportedly packing the same processor as the iPad 2, among many other new features, was still his doing.

appleiphone 5steve jobstim cook

scuzzy
Posted 10:10am 22/9/11
last-minute press conference in two weeks time is pretty last minute, oh apple you cards.
teq
Posted 10:21am 22/9/11
Fanboy signing in to say that I will be buying one on launch day again
carson
Posted 10:30am 22/9/11
Wait, didn't the iphone4 come out last year!?
Morbz
Posted 10:31am 22/9/11
haha his facials look like hes saying "this fkn phone better make me gazzilions or you die"!
tspec
Posted 10:32am 22/9/11
They normally release a new iPhone each year, same goes for the ipads though at different points in the year. I'm looking forward to ditching my s***** nokia phone. Hopefully Telstra will have some decent plans available.
teq
Posted 10:40am 22/9/11
the iPhone 4 was delayed twice, finally released in July last year
this is one of the longest waits between releases, they just want to keep fanboys like me in a constant state of anticipation
Eorl
Posted 10:40am 22/9/11
A new one already? Jeez, bit soon?
Basket
Posted 10:42am 22/9/11
I want too vomit
BillyHardball
Posted 10:56am 22/9/11
A new one already? Jeez, bit soon?

What.......
carson
Posted 11:11am 22/9/11
I reckon the telcos love this yearly release. I knew so many people who paid some $100 fee to leave their 24month iphone3 contract to get an iphone4, 24month plan.
copuis
Posted 11:17am 22/9/11
carson, they release every year to make it seem they have been out on the market longer than they really have (because phones used to have about a two to three year model life)

also i think apple have now gotten to that point were market overcoming the shortfalls is now not so needed (but they are still cheeky imo as the iPhone had 1gz processor, however it was underclocked)
BillyHardball
Posted 11:26am 22/9/11

What does that even mean....
qmass
Posted 12:14pm 22/9/11
the latest batch of posters here have been particularly bad at the engleeshes.
carson
Posted 12:18pm 22/9/11
What BillyH said.
Vash
Posted 12:45pm 22/9/11
Apple want to see how close they can close the gap between releases of phones & ipads before people actually realise theres not enough difference to justify the cost. but people feel the urge to upgrade anyway.
elk

iPhone 4 > iPhone 5 - ~15 months and counting
trog
Posted 02:07pm 22/9/11
Your facts aren't welcome here, simul - IF that's even your real name
Eorl
Posted 02:14pm 22/9/11
Still think it's stupid how quick people go through iPhones. Thought a phone was suppose to last as long as possible. Hell, I still have a 2G phone somewhere that still works, just needs a new screen. Ah well, least this will push iPhone 4 prices down. Feel sorry for the idiots who changed contracts though!
BillyHardball
Posted 02:27pm 22/9/11

I think it's stupid that people make generalisations about iPhones that probably apply to every other new smart phone out there.
copuis
Posted 02:37pm 22/9/11
not really billy,

the world is a different place when you not giving all your monies to the church of Apples,

hell, i'm sure catholics pay less
Opec
Posted 02:38pm 22/9/11
Should be interesting what they're going to release.
BillyHardball
Posted 02:51pm 22/9/11
not really billy,

hell, i'm sure catholics pay less

Can you find me a ~new model smarthphone that doesn't have a revision each year?
copuis
Posted 02:54pm 22/9/11
blackberrys seem to run at around 2 ~ 3 years billy
simul
Posted 02:55pm 22/9/11
Your facts aren't welcome here, simul - IF that's even your real name

Whoops my bad!
BillyHardball
Posted 03:00pm 22/9/11
blackberrys seem to run at around 2 ~ 3 years billy

Really? Where are you getting that from?
Modern BlackBerry series (2006–2008): 8000–8830 including: BlackBerry 8800, BlackBerry Pearl, BlackBerry Pearl Flip and BlackBerry Curve 8300
Latest BlackBerry models (2008–2009): 8900+ GPS Wi-Fi series: BlackBerry Bold (9000), BlackBerry Curve 8900, BlackBerry Tour (9630), BlackBerry Storm (9500/9530), BlackBerry Curve 8520/8530
BlackBerry Storm 2 (9520/9550) (2009): BlackBerry Storm2
BlackBerry Bold series (2009): BlackBerry Bold 9700
BlackBerry Bold series (2010): BlackBerry Bold 9650
BlackBerry Bold series (2010): BlackBerry Bold 9780
BlackBerry Bold series (2011): BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930
BlackBerry Pearl series (2010): BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9100/9105
BlackBerry Torch series (2010): BlackBerry Torch 9800
BlackBerry Torch series (2011): BlackBerry Torch 9810
BlackBerry Torch series (2011): BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860
BlackBerry Curve series (2010): BlackBerry 9300/9330
BlackBerry Curve series (2011): BlackBerry 9350/9360/9370
BlackBerry Style 9670 (2010):

Lots of models there... someone has to be buying them.
simul
Posted 02:59pm 22/9/11
blackberrys seem to run at around 2 ~ 3 years billy

whaaaa? At least 4 within the next 8 months...

sorry, last fact I swear...
copuis
Posted 03:03pm 22/9/11
yes billy, sorry but black berry make a number (more than one)

some of the models have been released for different carriers (yet the base part of teh phone is the same)

and the bold comes in a few different flavours

you can still get a storm 2 (2009) from voda i think
RockitMan
Posted 03:05pm 22/9/11
Awesome, can't wait to ditch this iPhone 3G. Works like balls now.
TicMan
Posted 03:08pm 22/9/11
After getting my MILLIONTH "Phone is out of space" message on my HTC Desire and having to remove another app I use regularly so that my email starts working - I'm thinking of going back to camp Apple.
TiT
Posted 03:09pm 22/9/11
I'm not apple fan but i do love my iPhone, I also have Samsung Galaxy 2 as well but i prefer the iPhone
IVY_MiKe
Posted 03:10pm 22/9/11
w000t

Superkeen.

I'm still rockin my 3Gs (coz I didn't feel the need to jump in on the 4, and was still under contract)
Someone from Optus contacted me the other day tring to tentatively sign me into a new contract... and I said, "not without my new shiny iphone thanks".

And FWIW Eorl My brother is using my old Nokia 6233, and my iPhone 3Gs is still 'as new' (aside from the few blemishes on the stupidly glossy plastics)

I wonder if the talk about the 4Gs will materialise in the same press release...
Raven
Posted 03:15pm 22/9/11
My contract with Droptus is up on October 17, on which I have a 3GS, I've been waiting around to switch over to Telstra as soon as the next iPhone is out.

It will be great to finally be able to get some semblence of a phone or GPRS/3G signal along the train line like my iPad can.
TiT
Posted 03:16pm 22/9/11
no i don't believe the new iPhone will be 4g however next model i believe will!
BillyHardball
Posted 03:22pm 22/9/11

So a buddy of mine used your kinda situation as a bargaining chip by accident with Telstra. He walked into the store, and kinda described the plan he was currently on just to see what Telstra had, and Telstra immediately offered him the exact same plan even though it wasn't a stock standard one.
MrAnderson
Posted 03:26pm 22/9/11
Lots of models there... someone has to be buying them.

He actually means the bold, and I have the 9700. The bold generally has around a 2 year cycle.

And yeah I love it also have a htc incredible s.

For the work place the bold is great for all those dam emails.
Vash
Posted 03:27pm 22/9/11
Heh, i didnt look at the actual times, but it certainly felt faster than 12 months. guess i'm gettin' old
breno
Posted 03:41pm 22/9/11
Just gone for a SGS2 from an iphone. no way im goin back.
Nathan
Posted 03:54pm 22/9/11
Android fanboy signing in to say bring on Nexus Prime. That is all.
Opec
Posted 04:02pm 22/9/11

Yes this pissed me off to no end as well. It's f*****g bulls***, esp 2.2 it kept getting f*****g warning icon. SGS2 has none of tese dumb problems HTC does. IMO Apple did the right thing by shipping the phone with 16GB minimum.
teq
Posted 04:04pm 22/9/11
I could easily stick with my iphone4, it's plenty capable of doing what I want
I only want a 5 because I know it will be faster and even better at the things I want to do
plus my mrs is still on an old 3g, so she will get my 4 and I get the 4s/5

hell, i'm sure catholics pay less

yeah but they get nothing in return ;)
BillyHardball
Posted 04:06pm 22/9/11
oh snap
Midda
Posted 06:48pm 22/9/11

This isn't an issue with Android, rather an issue with HTC putting f***-all space on their phones.
cr
Posted 07:19pm 22/9/11
Your facts aren't welcome here, simul - IF that's even your real name

Haha classic.

Think I'll be sticking with the 4 for a while, looks like a lot of people saying it will be essentially the same design with upgraded internals. Which seems a bit odd to leave it for this long for that
eXemplar
Posted 07:25pm 22/9/11
Wonder if they'll release the new IOS revision on the launch of the new model, or a little earlier
exo
Posted 08:27pm 22/9/11
If the Beard says it's happening, it's happening.
infi
Posted 08:55pm 22/9/11
iphone is a bandwagon, once you know that, you know there is no logic to it.
fpot
Posted 09:05pm 22/9/11
iphone is a bandwagon, once you know that, you know there is no logic to it.
errrr, what?
groganus
Posted 09:09pm 22/9/11
The iPhone is a great product that I recommend to people who are technologically challenged.

As someone who gives a f*** about my phone and the most I can get out of it (given the stupid cost of them) I find the android platform more to my liking.
DM
Posted 09:17pm 22/9/11
link
Wonder what useless features will be in this one.
maRtz
Posted 10:22pm 22/9/11
apparantly it'll have red eye reduction... yep f*****g revolutionary..
Eorl
Posted 10:25pm 22/9/11

Exaclty what I say to anyone Grog. It's the best brand to go for simplicity, but if you want to be more advanced, get something else.
Midda
Posted 10:39pm 22/9/11
Yet both my parents have called me while absolutely infuriated, saying they were trying to copy files to a friend's iPhone/iPod Touch, asking why they can't just plug it in and drag the files on. iTunes does anything but make things simple.
Insom
Posted 10:52pm 22/9/11
hopefully the new iphones offer at least 64Gb, want to chuck out my ipod and phone
Nukleuz
Posted 11:18pm 22/9/11
My Nokia 6230i is still going strong. Came out in 2005 if I remember...
Opec
Posted 12:58am 23/9/11
Just got my mum's iPhone 4 swapped out on the spot at Apple store tonight. Was < 12 months old and it's been dodgy since day one so was pretty nice to see they didn't give me grief about it after running the tests etc on it. I thought the guy that looked after me was pretty good, competent and efficient if not overly enthusiastic about his job (not a bad thing obviously just saying he's a bit too happy heh).

But all in all I can see the attraction to Apple's ecosystem and can see how at lot of people "converted". It's bit strange being in Apple store, it's almost like a cult or religious experience for some people that were there lol.
Saint
Posted 07:54am 23/9/11
Re: Space issue, at least with most android phones you have the option of installing a micro sd card for even more spacey goodness.
BillyHardball
Posted 08:24am 23/9/11
Having to deal with SD cards is a massive fail IMO.
kos
Posted 08:39am 23/9/11
Having to deal with SD cards is a massive fail IMO.

Just because people have said some retarded things against Apple in this thread doesn't mean you have to try and one-up them by saying even more stupid things that are pro-Apple.

"Deal with"? Seriously? Wtf do you do with your SD cards?

ITT Billy attempts to rebut every single negative thing said about Apple and its products, a.k.a. business as usual.
Opec
Posted 08:50am 23/9/11
Having to deal with SD cards is a massive fail IMO.

Actually if you are on Android 2.2 etc and have used HTC's phone with their small built in memory, he's absolutely right.

Most software won't work properly if it's runs from SD Card. And if you're running your Apps from SD card when you plug it into your phone don't expect it to work because Android mounts the SD Card and just breaks the Apps from running.

It's pretty f***ed really, SGS2 doesn't have this problem because it's shipped with large internal memory already but yes I take your point, having SD card expandability rocks for "extra" stuff that you want to put on like music etc.

This is why I won't ever buy any other HTC phone again unless they put at least 16GB internal memory and Google fix this stupid SD card mounting thing.
Insom
Posted 09:30am 23/9/11
yeah being able to expand using sd would be nice, don't see apple adding this feature to the new version
cr
Posted 09:44am 23/9/11

Hopefully a bit earlier, though at least it hopefully won't have as many stupid bugs considering how long its been this time. That DST bug in ios4 was a joke
copuis
Posted 10:51am 23/9/11
yeah billy having to deal with SD cards, i mean what next, replaceable batteries,

but really the SD cards have one good feature, and that is backing up your phones settings so you dont need a computer, combined with a sim card that can be used with other devices makes life easier if there is a problem,
(yes I know there are sim cradles that let you use the poxy micro sim in a mini sim holder, but you'll lose everything if the phone cacks its and you haven't backed it up)
Wrecktim
Posted 10:56am 23/9/11
i like my iphone but i don't use alot of features, i just think its built better and more solid than all the other phones.