Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Post by trog @ 12:02pm 16/09/11 | 14 Comments
Steam now indicates that their smash hit Portal is now available for free on Steam. If you haven't got it, now is your chance. In case you have been living in a country without Internet or electricity:
Portal™ is a new single player game from Valve. Set in the mysterious Aperture Science Laboratories, Portal has been called one of the most innovative new games on the horizon and will offer gamers hours of unique gameplay.

The game is designed to change the way players approach, manipulate, and surmise the possibilities in a given environment; similar to how Half-Life® 2's Gravity Gun innovated new ways to leverage an object in any given situation.
Our game page has more, including screenshots and trailers.

Update: I've just tried to add this game to my account, but it doesn't seem to work - you can click 'install', but you just get the "working" icon in the corner and it doesn't prompt me to install the game as usual. Anyone else having any success?

Update #2: The price is now back to USD$20, so looks like it was just a glitch in their pricing system. Doh!

portalsteam
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£6.99!

casa
Posted 12:05pm 16/9/11
Some friggen DLC for portal 2 would be great, so dissapointing clocking the sp and coop in 2 days for $50, such a rip off
Mosfxx
Posted 12:06pm 16/9/11
I read this as Portal 2

Dissapoint :(
thermite
Posted 12:13pm 16/9/11
Expect a Portal 2 DLC announcement in the next few days. I think this free 2 play Portal is just leading up to that.
trog
Posted 12:19pm 16/9/11
I can't seem to add it to my account; anyone else having any luck? It just refreshes the Store page or does nothing.
Nerfy
Posted 12:24pm 16/9/11
Are you doing it from inside the client? It might be worth trying from the web page.

I have Portal from when it was previously free. :/
The GuVna
Posted 12:26pm 16/9/11
I bloody hope so, this game screams for ultra-mega-super-hard puzzles challenges for both single & co-op.

Also how crazy would it be 4 player co-op! But alas we'd probably all require beastly computers to be able to draw / calculate 8 portals on the go. :)
The GuVna
Posted 12:27pm 16/9/11
trog PM me your steam ID if your still having troubles, for i can gift you one for free , as I got one to gift from Portal 2 Steam pre order
The GuVna
Posted 01:01pm 16/9/11
nps trogette. Just noticed your updates & its no longer free, so yea, anyone want it for free? I have 1 copy to give :)
Nerfy
Posted 01:50pm 16/9/11
Free again, until the 20th. Possibly need to close and reopen steam for an update.
skythra
Posted 01:54pm 16/9/11
If they waited another month it could have been a 4 year birthday gift.
thermite
Posted 02:21pm 16/9/11
Now you're thinking with portals!
Nerfy
Posted 02:22pm 16/9/11
I lol'd thermite.

Thanks Guv; I don't want it, just thought others might be keen!

You totally should want it! If you don't have it.
trog