, the PC cult classic from designer, Eric Chahi, celebrates its 20th Anniversary this year, and what better way to celebrate this than by releasing across iOS platforms? (Actually, there are heaps, but we won't get into that just yet).
BulkyPix has announced they'll be bringing a specially redesigned version of the game to iPhone and iPad later this month (September 22) which will include new features such as:
- Remastered presentation with both original and upgraded graphics which support the high definition iPad format and the iPhone 4's Retina Display
- Switch between Original/HD graphics by using 2 fingers at any time
- 2 game controls, New intuitive touch controls or classic D-pad
- 3 difficulty modes, Normal (easier than original game), Difficult (Equal to original game) and Hardcore (more difficult than original game)
- Sound and SFX 100% remastered
- Game Center with 13 achievements to unlock
- 5 languages support (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
The game will set you back around $4.99 upon release later this month. We have a few screens of the remastered version you can check out by clicking the thumbnails below. Now all that's needed is to see it hit Steam, XBLA, PSN and hell, even 3DS would be sweet.
Posted 12:54pm 08/9/11
Posted 12:56pm 08/9/11
I'd love to play this on Steam or XBLA
Posted 02:18pm 08/9/11
Posted 03:01pm 08/9/11
Posted 03:15pm 08/9/11
I remember playing Flashback not long after I played this too, does that mean its Flashback's 20th anniversary soon too?
Posted 03:49pm 08/9/11
Posted 04:08pm 08/9/11
Posted 04:21pm 08/9/11
Posted 04:26pm 08/9/11
But yea was it any good? As I think you play the Alien this time round.
Posted 02:59am 09/9/11
I remember my old aimga and the younger 4-8-6 that came after it, but I have absolutely zero recollection of this game. I suppose i missed out, gathering what I can from people praising it.
Suppose I'm with Steve, hoping to see this on steam! (boo xbox!) haha
Posted 08:53am 09/9/11
You can also use New RAW with the data files from the original game to play it on modern operating systems and with scaling filters. REminiscence lets you do the same with Flashback.
Posted 09:19am 09/9/11