We've taken LIFX lighting through the gaming and entertainment ringer. Does it amplify the experience?
LIFX x Razer Chroma Connect Review - Illuminating Gaming
Like the Strogg enemies of Quake II, this Frankenstein-like mishmash of old and new breeds killer results.
Quake II RTX - Shining a Light on id Software's Classic
Aussie-made Speaking Simulator is a wild ride in the simulation gaming world, but can it complete its sentence in full?
Tongue in Android Cheek - Speaking Simulator Review!
We sit down with Typhoon Studios’ Alex Hutchinson to talk about the studio’s first game, comedy, co-op, and striving to be the fourth-best.
Journey to the Savage Planet - Developer Interview
Post by trog @ 07:12am 20/08/11 | 16 Comments
Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are now all available on the App Store for Mac OS X:
Today we are happy to announce Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas are coming to the Mac App Store, each individually priced for $15.99. The titles will be made available for download throughout the month beginning as of now, with Grand Theft Auto III.
Vice City is due to land later this month on August 25th, and San Andreas be available on September 1st.

If you're an iTunes using Mac user, check out GTA3 now, and the pages for Vice City and San Andreas are also available.

grand theft auto 3grand theft automac
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£5.99!

Tepid
Posted 09:05am 20/8/11
lol
3dee
Posted 09:14am 20/8/11
What Tepid said. The state of Mac gaming is pretty farking piss poor. Most of the big games are about 5 years old or more.
SwissCM
Posted 09:19am 20/8/11
I wonder if they're just Wine ports. Any word on that?
simul
Posted 09:21am 20/8/11
DNF recently came available on steam for mac too lol :> The cutting edge of gaming!

simul
Posted 09:25am 20/8/11
I wonder if they're just Wine ports. Any word on that?

Doubtful, would assume it breaks the appstore ToS
3dee
Posted 09:25am 20/8/11
Most tend to be Cider ports.

LOL. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy just appeared in the App Store. This is funny.
breno
Posted 09:35am 20/8/11
lol $15.00
BillyHardball
Posted 03:59pm 20/8/11
This is great news IMO. Pretty tempting.
Spook
Posted 04:03pm 20/8/11
haha apple products
skythra
Posted 12:09am 21/8/11
Most tend to be Cider ports.

LOL. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy just appeared in the App Store. This is funny.

Last time I checked, cider was worse than Wine even despite it's pay to play model.

I used both, but games like WoW ran 2-3x better under wine using directx libraries than it did using opengl through cedega.
Dazhel
Posted 12:38am 21/8/11
Perhaps Rockstar thought cousin Roman's constant whinging to Niko on the phone meant that GTA:IV wasn't worth porting.

Also, what Tepid said.
Steve Job's reality distortion field causing minor space-time warping side effects?
BassMan
Posted 07:30pm 21/8/11
I bought it as it's one of my favourite all time games.

...but it appears locked at 640 x 480 resolution (the in-game video option is greyed out) :( I ran it in higher resolution a decade ago on my windows machine.
SwissCM
Posted 07:36pm 21/8/11

All of those commercial Wine forks are based on ancient Wine code. At this point the official Wine is faster and more compatible than them.
BillyHardball
Posted 08:37am 22/8/11

Just checked and the link doesn't load iTunes - it loads the App Store (despite having "itunes" in the url).

How old is your mac?? That seems really odd to me. I have no probs running L4D2 at uber res...
BassMan
Posted 09:38am 23/8/11
^ Nah - I solved my problem Billy (you can't change the res when you're in-game, do it before you load your game). Now running widescreen at the native res of my imac (1680 x 1050) & it's fluid-as...
DM
Posted 09:43am 23/8/11
Well that only took how many years? 7?