18 years after the conclusion of Shenmue II, Yu Suzuki returns with the long-awaited crowdfunded sequel - decades in the making.
Shenmue III Review - Party Like its 1999
We sit down with Hearthstone’s Lead Designer Dean Ayala and Producer Melissa Corning to discuss the new dragon-themed set, the new Auto Chess inspired Battlegrounds, and more.
Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons - Blizzard on the New Expansion
We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 04:05pm 08/08/11 | 15 Comments
Yep, you read correctly. At this year's QuakeCon AusGamers was one of only a handful of media outlets, worldwide, to be among the first to get hands-on with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

In attendance for us was game director, Todd Howard, who lurked the small demo room, watching us play and clearly biting his nails. We were essentially given free-roam, with the main quest-line turned off to avoid any spoilers, I still managed to find a few places Todd probably wasn't expecting anyone to, and that's just the way we like it.

Click here for our in-depth hands-on preview.

ausgamerspreviewquakecon 2011skyrimtodd howardbethesda game studioshands-on
Buy now from Green Man Gaming Only GBP£9.99!

Nerfington
Posted 08:21pm 08/8/11
Must admit, I've gone from cynical to excited for this. Good to hear that the animation and UI (though console) met your approval. :D

On the jumping animation thing, I've always wondered why they don't take a page from the Jedi Knight/Academy jump animations, which could handle varying jumping heights pretty well (except it's seemingly impossible to find some good footage of it, even the A.I. could traverse the map with jumping, seemingly with set landing points though).
ravn0s
Posted 04:52pm 08/8/11
great write up. cant wait for the game.

Rawprawn
Posted 08:05pm 08/8/11
I need a new rig ASAP haha
d^
Posted 08:06pm 08/8/11
Sounds awesome, another great write up, I'm going to lose to much time to gaming in the coming months/year.
euphoria
Posted 08:37pm 08/8/11
Can. Not. Wait!
Crakaveli
Posted 09:30pm 08/8/11
Crakaveli
Posted 09:32pm 08/8/11
p.s the cheering and clapping is f*****g irritating.
Stalfax
Posted 10:12pm 08/8/11
The spells look much more fun and varied in their animations, and the blood when you slice them looks great. Still looks like they become a limp ragdoll when they die though, which looks pretty s***. They need to make it more violent, like in Dark Messiah, with dismemberment/gore, otherwise it just feels old.

Don't get me wrong though I am excited about getting into a new RPG, just don't think animations/physics are much of a step up from Oblivion.
Nerfington
Posted 10:41pm 08/8/11
p.s the cheering and clapping is f*****g irritating.

I was wondering "what's up with these guys' reactions?..." throughout it. It was just a pretty-ok tech demo, and some guy is yelling "OH YEAH" to a fireball and rag doll demonstration. O_o
Reverend Evil
Posted 10:54pm 08/8/11
Jesus. What an annoying audience. It's like the first time they've ever seen a game.
Steve Farrelly
Posted 09:33am 09/8/11
Heh, checking out the Bethesda forums for this feature the more hardcore community is pointing out my "harvesting bees" comment. So, to clarify, I basically found a beehive and grabbed the honeycomb inside and collected a bee. You could also kill the bees. I was just being flavourful in my description ;)
ravn0s
Posted 10:46am 09/8/11

i think the same thing when i watch a footy match. why do the crowds have to cheer and clap like that? it totally ruins it for me.
fryzeegunner
Posted 09:14am 17/8/11
cannot wait
Nerfy
Posted 04:43am 25/8/11
There's a bajillion new character screenshots at the bethesda blog.
Bah