For anyone still playing Duke Nukem Forever, 2K Games have revealed the details of the first downloadable content expansion. Titled the Hail to the Icons Parody Pack
, the expansion adds several modes to the game's (poorly reviewed) multiplayer component, and although they're unlikely to change anyone's opinion of the game overall, they're at least taking a humourous dig at other modern first person shooters.
Here's the brief from the official 2kgames blog
The blog post
- Freeze Tag provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato and play free-for-all Duke style in Hail to the King.
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers.
also features a couple of screenshots and if nothing else, the Team Fortress 2 style hats are a nice touch.
The Hail to the Icons pack is due on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 "this Fall" (Spring in Australia) and will be free to anyone that registered their First Access Club
pre-order membership before the game's launch. There's no word yet on a price point for everyone else though.