With the release of the latest expansion for Blizzard’s Hearthstone we sit down with the development team to learn about its development.
Hearthstone Interview - Inside the Halls of Scholomance Academy
With Sony and Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn hitting CPUs and GPUs, Kosta finally steps into the post-apocalyptic shoes of heroine Aloy to slay some robo-dinos.
Horizon Zero Dawn is the Best Game I Haven’t Played
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 is one of the most talked about gaming laptops of the year for good reason - it packs the AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS mobile CPU in a tiny package.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Review
The World Game is back, natch, so we go through all the big changes coming in EA’s FIFA 21.
FIFA 21 Preview - Inside the Big Gameplay Changes Coming
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 09:35am 28/06/11 | 16 Comments
They could just be flogging a popular dead horse, but it looks like Activision will continue to ride the popularity of the GoldenEye brand; probably best remembered as the Rare-developed Nintendo 64 console classic shooter.

More recently Eurocom had a crack at revising the game in a more up-to-date setting that even included Daniel Craig's likeness instead of Pierce Brosnan's. So what could they possibly be doing? According to Eurogamer who found a bit of Twitter sluething from Superannuation, Activision recently registered a host of URLs that mostly included combinations of "GoldenEye Reloaded", such as:
    goldeneye007gamereloaded.com
    goldeneyereloadedgame.com
    goldeneyereloaded007.com
    goldeneye007reloaded.com
There are also apparently rumours the trimmed down Raven Studios are working on a 007 title, while the 007 logo did appear during Activision's pre-E3 event in May.

Could we simply see HD makeovers of Eurocom's decent reimagining coming to the likes of XBLA or the PSN? Or could we see something more? Should Acti just leave the GoldenEye namesake alone and move onto another Bond title? Give us your thoughts.

007activisiongoldeneyehdxblapsn

skythra
Posted 09:45am 28/6/11
Nah should be released as a standalone console, plug it in, becomes the authentic N64 hit.
ShwaMiller86
Posted 11:11am 28/6/11
Having started Ocarina of Time on 3DS, I think it is safe to say Goldeneye on 3DS would be absolutely awesome. ABXY for the C buttons, R for Z, L stays the same, D-Pad for weapon changes.

*sigh* intellectual rights.
funky
Posted 11:20am 28/6/11
my god skythra, i would be first in line to buy that.

loved goldeneye, had so many awesome times with that game. between that and mario kart 64, i haven't had so many good times with a console
Midda
Posted 11:38am 28/6/11

They should just use the touchscreen as mouse-look like they did on Metroid Prime on DS.
Plasma
Posted 12:13pm 28/6/11
Would love a PC emulator version thats legal and supported MP etc!

Would play again...

Got the invulnerability cheat on Facility... 2.04 I think my time was, my god the amount of abuse I gave the TV to get that! lol
Mosfxx
Posted 12:46pm 28/6/11
If it aint broke dont fix it.
ShwaMiller86
Posted 12:53pm 28/6/11
The analogue stick is waaaay better haha.
Raazel
Posted 12:56pm 28/6/11
Loved the previous versions but would never obtain the remake, also "Actision" should probly be Activision.
Breno
Posted 01:02pm 28/6/11
They dont get it, it was the gameplay that made Goldeneye 64.
Tried playing the Source remake, looked pretty but played like HL2 :P
tspec
Posted 04:38pm 28/6/11
Never got around to playing the single player component to the Wii version of Goldeneye but the multiplayer component was frigging terrible. A 3DS version would be interesting but I can't see myself getting into an FPS on a handheld at this stage. I think there would be more suitable integration into the WiiU with the mini screens on the controllers.
Mosfxx
Posted 04:41pm 28/6/11

heh can you imagine 'Man with the golden gun' using the WiiU remote to run around. no more screen cheating xD
ShwaMiller86
Posted 04:41pm 28/6/11
Why was the multiplayer so bad? Got a Wii again after trading it two years ago and was looking at getting it. Someone told me 'Call of Duty Reskinned'.
tspec
Posted 04:56pm 28/6/11

Yeah, it was a little like that though I was thinking more a CS style free for all. I found the multiplayer levels very bland and uninspired but my main critisism was more at the removal of some of the functionality from the original (unless these are things can be unlocked as we were pretty much playing with a fresh copy of the game) but in the original when you chose the weapons used for a level, there was the option to choose only remote mines or only proximity mines which seemed to be missing from this. You would use remote and proximity mines but only as a secondary weapon and you only get like 2 from memory.

Apart from the golden gun matches, the proximity/remote mine only matches were probably the most fun I had with the original in multiplayer because me and my friends would literally be plastering the levels with mines. I'm pretty sure in the original as well, the golden gun mode meant everyone had golden guns, not just one that everyone fights over though my memory is a little hazy on whether that was the case though as it's been ages since ive played the N64 version.
Mantorok
Posted 05:14pm 28/6/11
Someone told me 'Call of Duty Reskinned'.
That's the whole game in a nutshell.
Spook
Posted 05:15pm 28/6/11

yer, my house mate did it as well, maximum respect (we only had one complaint from the neighbours about the bad language)

also, anyone in brisbane who buys a wii, get in touch with me for the wii modding that will make it worth your while!~
ShwaMiller86
Posted 09:29pm 28/6/11
Sweet, thanks tspec & Mantorok.

It is really disappointing, because I know the level design had to be different due to Rare owning the rights (that's it, right? Rare owns the design, Nintendo owns the distribution of that exact Goldeneye game, Activision owns the Bond license?).

But why mess with the multiplayer? Why limit mine and gun pickups? Seriously... Supposedly crazy and fun games have been ruined by attempted realism using the '3 weapons only' rule lately. Don't they know that sometimes we just want to blow s*** up?