For the Linux nerds amongst us, the Fedora Project has released the 15th edition of their popular Linux distribution. The release notes
are extensive and give a comprehensive list of the all the changes, but the main new features are as follows:
- GNOME 3 including the new GNOME 3 shell
- KDE 4.6 with the improved Plasma workspace, enhanced core applications, and greater memory efficiency.
- XFCE 4.8 with a new panel, Thunar enhancements and more.
- Virtualization improvements including Spice support in virt-manager and support for Xen hosts.
- Better compression of live images allowing more applications to be provided on a CD.
- System and session management via systemd, providing more consistent configuration and improved boot performance.
Check your ISPs mirrors for the downlods - we've got the DVD ISOs for both the i386
editions available as well if you want to download them from our super-fast local file servers!