Rockstar have sent through info regarding their next post-release update for Red Dead Redemption, this time focusing on expanding the Free Roam portion of the game, along with competitive multiplayer.
The Liars and Cheats Pack will also include the content previously announced as the Free Roam Pack. The Free Roam Pack was originally planned as a free download, but due to the platform networks' restrictions on numbers of free packs we can give away (and our promise to bring you the free Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack – more on that below), we have instead added it to the Liars and Cheats Pack as one Free Roam release boasting the following features and more:
- Multiplayer Poker and Liar's Dice Games - One of the most fan-requested features comes to multiplayer
- Multiplayer Horse Races - Ride out against your friends and foes online - with mounted combat guns blazing
- The Explosive Rifle - A devastatingly destructive new weapon with its own new single-player and multiplayer challenges
- 7 New Gang Hideouts - Posse up and take on the new Hideouts together to level up quickly
- 4 New Hunting Grounds - New Hunting Grounds are now visible on the map for all to see, with some of the most action-packed wildlife hunting yet
- Stronghold Competitive Multiplayer Mode - Teams take turns in attack and defense in multi-tiered Competitive games
- Posse Scoring and Leaderboards - Compare stats with other posses and compete to see who are the kings of the Free Roam frontier
You'll also see 15 new faces available in multiplayer with characters pulled from the narrative. This pack will be available for PS3 and Xbox 360 on September 21 for AU$15.95 and 800 MS Points (around $13), respectively.