After being hastily announced a few months back in un-true Nintendo form, the 3DS was given it's official coming out at their E3 press conference earlier this morning. Sporting a look very similar to the current Nintendo DS, the 3DS packs some key differences:
- 3.5" active 3D top screen (with a slider to control the 3D effect).
- Analogue control stick or "slide pad" as it's referred to as.
- Two cameras on the outside - For taking 3D pictures.
- "Always on" connectivity similar to Wiiconnect 24.
Some photos of the device are available here
No word on the specific hardware inside it as yet, however some games were shown off amongst a very impressive list of titles due for release on the 3DS. Given what some of these look like, there's a fair chance that the internals will definitely be packing a bit more punch than the current DS. Oh, the games list? Nothing you'll probably get that excited over. I mean, who wants to play a new Kid Icarus? Or who wants to roll into another Star Fox? I didn't think so...
Not too convincing, am I? Some of the titles announced include:
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Nintendogs + Cats
- Paper Mario
- Mario Kart
- HIDEO KOJIMA'S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D "The Naked Sample" (that's seriously the title)
- Riiiddge Racer
- Street Fighter IV 3D
- Final Fantasy titles
- Kingdom Hearts 3D
- Etrian Odyssey
There's no release date or pricing as yet. promoted forum item