The retail name for Microsoft Xbox's new motion controller was initially going to be announced at the premiere event at e3, however usa today
released an article today spilling the beans on "Kinect".
There's a growing movement in video games — motion control. And Microsoft's latest twist: Its new system for the Xbox 360, dubbed Kinect and being unveiled this week, requires no controller at all.
They've also listed some of the games:
promoted/edited forum item
- Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.
- Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.
- Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.
- Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.
- Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.
- Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.