Microsoft's X10 Media Event kicked off late last night in San Francisco, and while we weren't there first-hand, that wonderful thing - the "internet", has supplied us with some cool details surrounding Microsoft movements in 2010.
- Halo Reach multiplayer beta will kick off on May 3 (anyone with ODST will be able to launch it from the game disc).
- Dead Rising 2 will hit EU September 3 (which means we'll be either side of that, provided it makes it through the Board), prior to this release date though, a prologue will be available as an exclusive Xbox Live download called Dead Rising: Case Zero and will bridge the story between the first and second game.
- Alan Wake will officially hit EU May 21, meaning again we'll see it either side of that. It will also come with pre-order bonus content.
- The US will have a Final Fantasy XIII console bundle - no word on Australia yet. It will be available in North America from March 9, so stay tuned as we find out if AU will get it.
- March 3 marks the beginning of the Xbox Live Arcade Block Party with Toy Soldiers available first, and will be followed through March by Scrap Metal and my most anticipated XBLA release of the year, Perfect Dark.
- Splinter Cell: Conviction will hit April 16 in EU.
- Lost Planet 2 lands May 18.
- And finally, Fable III will be available this Holiday period (around Nov/Dec).
That's all the news for now, stay tuned for anything else that makes its way out of the event.