Well, we've had a few of the biggest weeks in 2009's gaming catalogue, specifically with the release of the likes of Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii (among others), but the year isn't out yet.
So as per every Monday, AusGamers has compiled a release list for the coming week for you, so you know what games are releasing on our shores with relevant links to more information and media where possible. So, looks like Wii owners get a little extra love this week, and if you haven't noticed or seen it yet, our game pages now have a "Buy" tab, which has information regarding the retail details of your selected game, as updated by participating retailers. The system is new, but it's growing so keep an eye on it.
Now without further delay, here are the week's releases:
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Wii - Sequel to the GameCube hit - some 10 people played it! You remember GameCube, right? - November 26
- Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Wii - Must avoid Star Wars references at all costs. Taking a deep breath. Phew. Join the darkside! And together we can... Damn it! - November 24
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Arcade Attack DS - Ever wondered what happened to the Ninja Turtles? Apparently they've resorted to attacking arcades for money. The ironing is delicious - November 26
- Serious Sam HD PC - If it were a movie, the trailer overlay would say "Sam's back, clearer than ever. And this time... he's serious!" - November 24
- Band Hero Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 - Okay, start worrying - November 25
- Just Dance Wii - Precludes their follow-up "Just Lose Weight, Fatty" - November 26
- Lips: Number One Hits Xbox 360 - Collagen Sold Separately - November 26
- Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continue Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PC - Much like the Indiana Jones DVD release, you buy the trilogy and then Mr Lucas decides to Shia Lebouf you into shelling out more money - November 25
- Lego Rock Band Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 - Apparently a sign of the apocalypse. The Lego Apocalypse, so no need to worry. Yet. - November 25
Rogue Warrior PS3, Xbox 360, PC - Apparently this is based on the real life exploits of a Navy SEAL. A better title, one that would never get confused, would be "SEAL Warrior: Gone Clubbing" - November 26
- King Arthur: The Role-Playing War Game PC - Gameplay clue hidden within the title - can you figure it out? - November 24
- Where The Wild Things Are Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PC - In the comedy section of your local Blockbuster. Wait, we're talking about that film with the lesbian scene with Denise Richards and the girl from Scream yeah? - November 24
- Planet 51 Wii, DS, PS3, Xbox 360 - Anal probe simulator or colourful adaptation of Shrek-like animated feature? You decide. Actually, it's the latter - November 26
- Pro Evolution Soccer Wii - Featuring commentary by Richard Dawkins. Apparently the only recordings were "Man who evolved from ape passes to another man who evolves from ape" and "Ape man scores!" - November 26
- Need For Speed Nitro Wii - Despite nitrous boost, still turned up on Wii late - November 26
That's it for this week's releases. As always, a huge thanks to Kosta for his witicisms, and if there's anything you know of we've missed, drop a line in the Comments section to let us know. Stay tuned for the Weekly Wrap and stick around for the rest of the week for news, previews, reviews and more featuring all of the above, and beyond.